ADVERTISEMENT

Week 0 College Football Schedule

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Outside of the Australia game, I'm not sure why there are a handful of "regular" games being played on Saturday but here they are:

2:30 - Oregon State @ Colorado State (CBSSN)

3:00 - Portland State @ BYU (ESPN)

6:00 - Hawaii @ UMass (NESN)

7:30 - South Florida @ San Jose State (CBSSN)

10:00 - Stanford vs Rice in Sydney (ESPN)

- Probably the best game of the day is the Scott Barnes U. vs Colorado State game. Colorado State is debuting their new 41,200 seat $220 million on-campus stadium. I guess they felt that was needed more than new dorms or a new biology building.

- South Florida is all the rage. They may be getting back to their Jim Leavitt glory days. Dont know much about San Jose State but the cross-country opener is never easy.

- UMass starts Season 2 of independence on-campus, having permanently moved out of Gillette Stadium, which was a dumb idea to begin with.

Outside of the Australia game, I'm not sure why there are a handful of "regular" games being played on Saturday but here they are:

Colorado State, BYU, San Jose State and (obviously) Hawaii all play games at Hawaii this season. Coincidence? Nope.

Reactions: ThePanthers

Colorado State, BYU, San Jose State and (obviously) Hawaii all play games at Hawaii this season. Coincidence? Nope.

Interesting. Maybe there is a new rule that if you play at Hawaii, you get an extra bye week meaning you can play in Week 0.

As for the Hawaii/UMass game, it was originally scheduled for October but both teams asked it to be moved so that Hawaii wouldn't have tl make such a long in-season trip and so UMass could get a bye week. They couldn't find a bye week in their scheduling as an Independent.

Unusual fact about the Hawaii/UMass game, these two teams played in the season finale last year and now open the season with each other this year.

Hawaii opened as a 3.5 road favorite, which has now been bet down to the point where UMass is favored at most spots.

BYU gets a tuneup game to get Tanner Mangum some reps in before they face LSU.

Unusual fact about the Hawaii/UMass game, these two teams played in the season finale last year and now open the season with each other this year.

Hawaii opened as a 3.5 road favorite, which has now been bet down to the point where UMass is favored at most spots.

BYU gets a tuneup game to get Tanner Mangum some reps in before they face LSU.

Boise State and Washington did that a couple years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT