noon - Austin Peay @ Western Kentucky
3:30 - Idaho State @ UNLV
7:00 - Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic
10:30 - Vanderbilt @ Hawaii

ACCN has a prime time doubleheader
5:00 - Duquesne @ Florida State
8:30 - Florida A&M @ North Carolina

Other games:

12:30 - Nebraska vs Northwestern in Dublin (FOX)
4:00 - Wyoming at Illinois (BTN)
4:00 - UConn @ Utah State (FS1)
10:00 - Nevada @ New Mexico State (ESPN2)

By now, I'm guessing that anyone is allowed to play in Week 0? It used to be only for teams playing a game that season in Hawaii or independents.

Would you rather have Pitt play their usual FCS opener in Week 0 if ACCN gives us a night game if Nutting requires us to start at noon on Labor Day?

Last edited:
I think the Tennessee game is a test case. If all goes OK, I think Pitt will tell the pirates to f off and kickoff whenever they please. Big time CFB should not have to work around minor league baseball.
You would think the pirates would work well with a 330 pitt game. Away fans could then attend the succos game after losing to the mighty panthers

I think the Tennessee game is a test case. If all goes OK, I think Pitt will tell the pirates to f off and kickoff whenever they please. Big time CFB should not have to work around minor league baseball.
I mean it comes down to the stupid parking lots and the Pirates' exclusive rights to use the lots 81 days/year. If Pitt fans who had to have their parking moved don't put up much of a fuss, then I would suspect that you'll see more Pitt September games at times other than noon. I wonder though if they'd ever be allowed to go head to head with the Pirates. Let's say Tennessee was ranked #5 and ESPN wanted it for prime time, would Pitt be allowed to play opposite the Pirates as long as no Pitt fans used the parking spots of the 1800 diehard Pirate fans?

Reactions: Mustard_Man
I mean it comes down to the stupid parking lots and the Pirates' exclusive rights to use the lots 81 days/year. If Pitt fans who had to have their parking moved don't put up much of a fuss, then I would suspect that you'll see more Pitt September games at times other than noon. I wonder though if they'd ever be allowed to go head to head with the Pirates. Let's say Tennessee was ranked #5 and ESPN wanted it for prime time, would Pitt be allowed to play opposite the Pirates as long as no Pitt fans used the parking spots of the 1800 diehard Pirate fans?
And many pie-rat fans selling their parking passes to Pitt fans.
The most exciting thing to see in a pie-rat game in September is a high exit velocity single while losing 14-2.

CBSSN has a quadruple header:

Other games:

By now, I'm guessing that anyone is allowed to play in Week 0? It used to be only for teams playing a game that season in Hawaii or independents.

Would you rather have Pitt play their usual FCS opener in Week 0 if ACCN gives us a night game if Nutting requires us to start at noon on Labor Day?
more like Weak Zero...

I'll probably check out the first quarter of the the Duquesne game. Kinda like watching your neighbor's house burn. You feel bad but you just can't look away.
I wish all series were required to be home and away, and FSU would have to play at their place.

I almost called it a stadium, but thought place was a better description.

Reactions: pittdan77
And many pie-rat fans selling their parking passes to Pitt fans.
The most exciting thing to see in a pie-rat game in September is a high exit velocity single while losing 14-2.

Lol, so true. We'll be 51-88, and Greg Brown will get ecstatic about a ground ball that slipped under the first baseman's mitt from someone who is hitting .201.

Reactions: ratking17
CBSSN has a quadruple header:

Other games:

These games are borderline embarrassing. College football doesn't start until next week.

Nebraska is a 13 point favorite and Whip takes 2 years to get going. Can't NW win outright? Nebraska sucks
They seem to be a trendy “sleeper” pick seeing as people still clutch at the pearls of their success in the 80’s/90’s and they were the best 3-9 team of all time last year. Herbstreit has them winning the Big 10 west and Brett McMurphy put them in his preseason top 25.

They seem to be a trendy “sleeper” pick seeing as people still clutch at the pearls of their success in the 80’s/90’s and they were the best 3-9 team of all time last year. Herbstreit has them winning the Big 10 west and Brett McMurphy put them in his preseason top 25.

They've been a sleeper pick for the last 20 years. Eventually they'll be right and Nebraska won't suck. Eventually...

Reactions: str61166
your definition of "worth" on a bright sunny summer day and mine are entirely different...
Oh trust me.......I got tomorrow and Sunday booked for some major yardwork stuff before football season starts.

Next Saturday....hopefully basking with a 1-0 win over the Hoopies, ...kicking back and becoming a zombie starting with
Checking out:

At Noon, NC State/East Carolina
a little Rutgers/BC

3:30:
Oregon at Georgia
Cincy at Arkansas

7:00
Utah at Florida

7:30
ND at Ohio State

8:00 a little L'ville at Cuse

Then some late night UW

They're Nebraska. Please.

One of the more amazing stats you’ll ever see is last years Nebraska team going 1-8 in BIG play yet somehow not being outscored (239-239) by conference opposition. That the reason a lot of people see them doing much better this year, teams that lose a lot of very close games tend to perform much better from a W/L perspective the following season.

Conversely teams like the Steelers that were outscored by a decent amount (55 points) but still compile a winning record tend to bounce somewhat the next year,

Nebraska is a 13 point favorite and Whip takes 2 years to get going. Can't NW win outright? Nebraska sucks
Nebraska has been bet down to 11 if you’re interested. Northwestern is expected to be possibly the worst team in the conference and Nebraska should be improved, but then again Nebraska just seems to play a hell of a lot of close games and almost 2 tds is a lot to lay on opening day, especially when you figure in the travel.

Illinois is up to 14 over Wyoming, a lot of that seeming to coincide with Tommy DeVito being named as starting QB. Even though he figured to be a large improvement over Sitkowski, there was a school of thought that Bielema was going to stick with Sitkowski as the starter at least early in the season.

The big mover of week 0 is Nevada going from -14 all the way down to 7.5 at NMSU. This one isn’t that hard to figure out, Nevada has the least returning starters of any team and also lost their coach. Fading Nevada was a wiseguy play where a lot of people let this number sit there until it got closer to the start of the season and limits went up then hit it hard. Nevada’s next game against Texas St has also moved down considerably and their season win total has dropped a full game at most places.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT