Week 1 ACC TV schedule

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Friday
9:30: Boston College @ Northern Illinois - CBSSN

Saturday
noon: Kent State @ Clemson - ESPN
12:20: California @ North Carolina - Raycom (thisTV locally)
12:30: Bethune-Cookman @ Miami - Fox Sports South (AT&T SportsNet locally)
3:00: North Carolina State vs South Carolina in Charlotte (ESPN)
7:30: Louisville vs Purdue in Indianapolis (FOX)
8:00: Florida State vs Alabama in Atlanta (ABC)

Sunday
7:30: Virginia Tech vs West Virginia in Landover (ESPN)

Monday
8:00: Georgia Tech vs Tennessee @ Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta (ESPN)

Not televised but on ACC Network Extra on the watchESPN app and espn3.com
Thursday
6:30 - Presbyterian @ Wake Forest

Friday
7:00 - Coastal Carolina @ Syracuse

Saturday
1:00 - Youngstown State @ Pitt
3:30 - William & Mary @ Virginia
6:00 - North Carolina Central @ Duke

- For whatever reason, Wake and Syracuse seem to love these Thursday and Friday openers, respectively. If the ACC TV channel started this year, those games would obviously have been placed on that channel and we may see Wake and Syr open up the season on that channel for a long time since a lot of teams wont want to open on those days.

- 2 other good regional games in NFL stadiums. VT/WVU is a toss-up in my opinion. Louisville should handle Purdue in Indy.

- Don't know much about Cal so not sure what to make of that game. UNC is a very Pitt-like program. Hard to read.

- The Pitt, UVa, and Duke 1-AA games would be the tripleheader on the TV channel, hopefully starting at 1, say 4:30, and then 8:00.

- 3 ACC/SEC matchups on opening weekend including 2 at the new palace in Atlanta, which replaced a stadium which was only 24 years old for those of you scoring at home. Will the ACC's dominance continue? Alabama is so tough in these season openers and FSU starts the season slowly, usually, although they do end up winning. I kind of see Alabama winning easier than expected, say by 14-17.

- I found it interesting that both Clemson and Penn State open up with Northeast Ohio MAC teams but even though they are the defending National Champions, ESPN decided to put the PSU/Akron game on ABC for a full national network TV telecast, while relegating Clemson to ESPN.

- UVa is in the most jeopardy for a 1-AA loss but I hope Pitt isn't looking ahead because YSU, the 1-AA runner-up for last season is at the level of say a mid-level MAC team and is more than capable of beating us if we aren't at our best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT