Week 11 ACC TV schedule

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Thursday
7:30: Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech - ESPN

Saturday
noon: Pitt @ Duke - ESPNews
12:30: North Carolina State @ Florida State - Raycom (thisTV locally)
12:30: Virginia @ Louisville - Fox Sports South (Root Sports @ 11:00 PM)
3:30: Clemson @ Syracuse - ABC/ESPN2 mirror (ESPN2 locally)
3:30: Wake Forest @ Notre Dame - NBC
3:30: Miami @ North Carolina - ESPNU

If there was an ACC TV channel:
10:00 - ACC Gameday live from Louisville
11:00 - College basketball - Bryant @ Duke OR Alabama State @ Virginia Tech (in VA, DC and Montgomery, AL) OR St. Francis Brooklyn @ Boston College (in MA)
1:00 - UVa @ Louisville
4:30 - NCSU @ FSU
8:15 - Pitt @ Duke

- Well, for the 2nd week in a row, the ACC day ends about the time it gets dark. No night games for the ACC. Swoffy is going to have to have a sit down with ESPN because in a pretty decent year for ACC football, the coverage has been really really bad. No night games, tons of ESPNU games, noon starts, etc.

- Speaking of that, Pitt/Duke is too good of a game to land on ESPNews at noon. Teams are 6-3, I mean come on. What do ACC teams not named Clemson or FSU have to do to land on ESPN or ESPN2 on a Saturday?

- Speaking of that, Miami/UNC, only ESPNU? That's a really good game. The U gets people to tune in and UNC has a Big 12 offense but play in a part of the country where people live. Come on ESPN.

- If we beat Duke, we'll all be rooting pretty hard for the Canes. I don't think they'll beat UNC but they have so much talent, they can beat (or lose to) almost anybody on a given day.

- Since Pittsburgh is officially a Big Ten market, WTAE is going with a Big Ten doubleheader at noon/3:30 instead of an ACC one. Its showing Ohio State @ Illinois instead of NCSU @ FSU and Michigan @ Indiana instead of Clemson @ Syracuse. This boils my blood.

- Its UVa/Louisville week. The bitter crossover rivalry that the ACC and college football cannot do without.

- VT/GT is really interesting. 2 teams with long bowl streaks. If GT loses, they're done with 7 losses. If VT loses, they have 6 losses and will get 7 next week when UNC comes in. Its hard to imagine Beamer missing a bowl game in his last season. I think the Hokies get it done and are riding high when UNC comes in Can they help us? Even if not, they beat UVa to get to 6.

- For any Pitt fans that want to avoid the Military Bowl against Navy on their home field, root hard for VT. If they get to 6 wins, I think they go there and we go to the Independence against an SEC team. Navy is a lose lose situation. They are good enough to beat us. Even if we lose to an SEC team, it aint that big of a deal. ANd if we beat an SEC team, that's huge.

- Its college hoops season. I included some college hoops games on the Saturday schedule that would have an early tip-off to get on TV if we had our own channel.

SMF,

So is Espn news the only tv option? No local station is able to pick it up?

Its only on ESPNews. That channel is available on pretty much every cable system but usually on an expanded tier.....though most people get tiers that include ESPNews. That said, the ratings for this game will be horrible, mostly because nobody realiIzes ESPNews doesn live games on Saturdays. This game and the ACC deserve better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT