7:00: ESPN2 - Virginia @ Wake Forest
7:30: ABC - NC State vs Tennessee in Charlotte
8:00: ACCN - Appalachian State @ Clemson

Not televised but stream-only on ACCNX through the ESPN App

3:30 - Duquesne @ Boston College
3:30 - Jacksonville State @ Louisville
6:00 - Florida A&M @ Miami
7:00 - Cal Poly @ Stanford

- Not sure why ESPN isnt using a 4th window for ACC After Dark like the B10 ia doing with 11PM starts on BTN. ACCN should be doing 4 windows every Saturday. Noon, 3:30, 7:30, 11 (8 Pacific). Or if SMU is the late game, you do 11AM, 2:30, 6:00, 9:30 (8:30 in Dallas). Only thing I can think of is since Cal, Stanford, and SMU wont have ACCN on cable until the next contract, ESPN is doing them a solid and putting their home cupcake games on ACCNX since ANYONE can watch those with an ESPN+ subscription.

- Interesting Thursday. BYU @ SMU is an unlikely ACC/B12 battle but could be a good early season matchup. Preseason #10 in the B12 came from behind to beat preseason #17 in the ACC Stanford on Friday. We also have preseason #13 in ACC Pitt going to preseason #14 in B12 Cincinnati. Duke/NW is fascinating to me since it will be played at NW's tiny soccer stadium a few yards from Lake Michigan.

- Pretty good 1st Week for the ACC despite VT doing VT type things.

Reactions: picklechips37
Thursday
7:00: ESPN2 - BYU @ SMU
9:00: FS1 - Duke @ Northwestern

Saturday
noon: ESPN2 - Pitt @ Cincinnati
noon: ACCN - Georgia Tech @ Syracuse
3:30: ESPN2 - Cal @ Auburn
3:30: ACCN - Charlotte @ North Carolina
4:30: CW - Marshall @ Virginia Tech
7:00: ESPN2 - Virginia @ Wake Forest
7:30: ABC - NC State vs Tennessee in Charlotte
8:00: ACCN - Appalachian State @ Clemson

Not televised but stream-only on ACCNX through the ESPN App

3:30 - Duquesne @ Boston College
3:30 - Jacksonville State @ Louisville
6:00 - Florida A&M @ Miami
7:00 - Cal Poly @ Stanford

- Not sure why ESPN isnt using a 4th window for ACC After Dark like the B10 ia doing with 11PM starts on BTN. ACCN should be doing 4 windows every Saturday. Noon, 3:30, 7:30, 11 (8 Pacific). Or if SMU is the late game, you do 11AM, 2:30, 6:00, 9:30 (8:30 in Dallas). Only thing I can think of is since Cal, Stanford, and SMU wont have ACCN on cable until the next contract, ESPN is doing them a solid and putting their home cupcake games on ACCNX since ANYONE can watch those with an ESPN+ subscription.

- Interesting Thursday. BYU @ SMU is an unlikely ACC/B12 battle but could be a good early season matchup. Preseason #10 in the B12 came from behind to beat preseason #17 in the ACC Stanford on Friday. We also have preseason #13 in ACC Pitt going to preseason #14 in B12 Cincinnati. Duke/NW is fascinating to me since it will be played at NW's tiny soccer stadium a few yards from Lake Michigan.

- Pretty good 1st Week for the ACC despite VT doing VT type things.
Just looked up the Northwestern stadium setup. Wtf? I can't believe that's allowed. Lol.

Just looked up the Northwestern stadium setup. Wtf? I can't believe that's allowed. Lol.
It’d be an awesome setting for high school football or college soccer. For a team like Northwestern, worth it for the new stadium.

It’d be an awesome setting for high school football or college soccer. For a team like Northwestern, worth it for the new stadium.

Yea, its worth it for 2 years to get a new stadium. They are playing Ohio State & Illinois at Wrigley. Really surprised they arent playing Wisconsin at Soldier Field. Wisconsin is up the street and travels very well.

Yea, its worth it for 2 years to get a new stadium. They are playing Ohio State & Illinois at Wrigley. Really surprised they arent playing Wisconsin at Soldier Field. Wisconsin is up the street and travels very well.

I think you answered your own question. Why would they want a sea of red at a "home" game.

Reactions: cease10
I think you answered your own question. Why would they want a sea of red at a "home" game.

Their attendance is so bad that everyone was talking about how great their intimate little "stadium" was going to be while they were building the new place, with all the great views and how because it only seats 15,000 all the seats will be good and all that, and yet in their first game they couldn't even sell 15,000 tickets to sell the place out.

Which is why they are building a MAC-level stadium rather than a Big Ten-level stadium.

Their attendance is so bad that everyone was talking about how great their intimate little "stadium" was going to be while they were building the new place, with all the great views and how because it only seats 15,000 all the seats will be good and all that, and yet in their first game they couldn't even sell 15,000 tickets to sell the place out.

Which is why they are building a MAC-level stadium rather than a Big Ten-level stadium.

NW is in an impossible position. They are a city school (close enough) in a MAJOR pro sports town but the local alumni base is tiny compared to places like Pitt, Cincy, Houston, etc. They only have about 100K living undergraduate alumni. How many are football fans? How many live in Chicagoland? That's not nearly enough to even draw 15K without visiting fans. So, yes, they are building a MAC stadium which will house about 10K-15K NW fans and then 15K-20K fans from Wis, PSU, OSU, Mich, Neb, Ill, Iowa, etc. Essentially they are building a neutral-site Big Ten stadium for Chicago area Big Ten fans.

SMU is probably the best example of some people on this board’s biggest fear when it comes to NIL.

They developed a very good OL. Lost two of them to better programs in the portal. And there’s just no way to have “next man up” level depth at a G5 just turned P4 program to replace it.

SMU is probably the best example of some people on this board’s biggest fear when it comes to NIL.

They developed a very good OL. Lost two of them to better programs in the portal. And there’s just no way to have “next man up” level depth at a G5 just turned P4 program to replace it.

I dont really follow this but the word is that they had a really good portal class. They showed a graphic of all the P4 guys they brought in.

Watching their offense is like watching Pitt's under Cignetti. Very painful. No touchdowns yesterday. 1 TD in the first 3.5 quarters vs Nevada.

I think they’d be happy to have as many bodies in the stands as possible regardless of what color shirts they’re wearing. That Cats aren’t exactly a huge draw in Chicago.

I think they’d be happy to have as many bodies in the stands as possible regardless of what color shirts they’re wearing. That Cats aren’t exactly a huge draw in Chicago.

What do you mean, not a huge draw? They stuffed 11,000 people into their "stadium" for their game last night against Duke.

Recap:

Pretty good week for the ACC. 3-1 vs the P4

Pitt, Duke, and Cal get road wins. SMU loses at home. They are one of the worst teams in the league IMO.

Syracuse (and Cal) might be sleeper picks to play Clemson in Charlotte. Speaking of Charlotte, UNC finally beat an in-state G5 team. Seems like they always lose those games.

NC State: Yikes. Looked bad vs Western Carolina. Getting blown out bigly by the Vols. However, they will go 8-4 or 7-5 and get the best southern mid-tier bowl available because they travel

Stanford may be better than people think. TCU had to come from behind late last week to get them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT