6:30: CW - Mississippi @ Wake Forest
8:00: ACCN - Maryland @ Virginia
10:30: ESPN - San Diego State @ Cal

Stream-only games
3:30: ACCNX - VMI @ Georgia Tech
6:00: ACCNX - UConn @ Duke
6:00: ACCNX - North Carolina Central @ North Carolina
6:00: ESPN+ Virginia Tech @ Old Dominion

- I think Memphis gets it done. FSU is bad.

- CW gets a great game for them. A #5 ranked SEC team??? How'd they pull that? Winston-Salem is going to be Oxford North.

- BC/Mizz starting at 11:45 AM local. Too many ACC games not televised. Been saying for years they need 4 windows. If Cal/Stan/SMU arent available then they need to do 11, 2:15, 5:30, 8:45 starts. Start the games on the ESPN app if the game before it runs long. UConn @ Duke could have been the 11 AM game. Maryland @ UVa at 8:45. DMV fans would go to a MNF game at 8:30 with work and school the next say. 8:45 on a Saturday night is fine. Wisconsin (vs Alabama), Tulsa, Illinois, and Texas Tech all kick at 11 AM on Saturday. An ACC team playing 1 11AM game every 2 or 3 years is fine.

- Big games for Pitt, Cal, and UVa. Wins could put them in that convo of who gets to play Clemson assuming Miami Miami's.

Cuisinart and American Standard should co-sponsor this, because I can't think of two more boring programs to watch that would make one want to take a plugged-in toaster into the bathtub with them afterwards.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TD_6082

Cuisinart and American Standard should co-sponsor this, because I can't think of two more boring programs to watch that would make one want to take a plugged-in toaster into the bathtub with them afterwards.

Boring programs, historically.

I thought the UVA/Wake game was actually an entertaining watch Saturday night. UVA isn't very good. Their defense is suspect and they had trouble running the ball against Wake, but the offense is actually really fun to watch.

Anthony Colandrea: is one of those QBs that I love to watch play, but really glad he's not quarterbacking my team. Small in stature, much better arm than you would think for his size, good runner, and has a tough gun slinger mentality that you can count on to make 2 or 3 WTF plays per game, both good and bad.

ACC teams I associate with being boring are actually fairly fun to watch this year: Syracuse, GaTech, BC, UVA, while the absolute worst has been UNC, NCSU, and surprisingly, SMU.

What does this mean? They are playing OOC games.

I think what he's trying to say is that people would be so impressed if, for instance, Cal could beat a team that got shut out at home last week that all of the sudden everyone would then think that Cal must be really good, and that they would therefore be a serious contender to win the ACC.

I know, that doesn't make any sense. But remember, it's SMF we are talking about.

noon: ESPN - Memphis @ Florida State
noon: ACCN - Louisiana Tech @ NC State
12:45: SECN - BC @ Missouri
3:30: ESPN2 - WVU @ Pitt
3:30: ACCN - Ball State @ Miami

Stream-only games

ACC goes 9-3 this week but only 1-3 against P4. Blowout losses by BC and Wake. Also a little worried of a Virginia Tech upset loss to ODU.

Pitt needs to win or this could be a very bad week for the ACC.

Stream-only games

ACC goes 9-3 this week but only 1-3 against P4. Blowout losses by BC and Wake. Also a little worried of a Virginia Tech upset loss to ODU.

UVa beats Maryland. We lose to WVU. Cant see us going undefeated in OOC for 1st time ever.

Stream-only games

I think SDSU upsets Cal before ODU does VT.

Cal wants to turn games into rock fights. Which keeps everything close. And Sean Lewis is a good enough OC where he can go into his bag and get a couple of TDs.

VT got upset against Vandy. But offensively, when they came on, they put it on until Drones got hurt. And last week against Marshall they did the same thing. Just messed around for a while, and then once the offense turned it on, they never stopped.

I could see ODU keeping it close for a while. But are they going to score enough like Vandy to build enough of a cushion for when VT turns it on? I don’t think so.

I think what he's trying to say is that people would be so impressed if, for instance, Cal could beat a team that got shut out at home last week that all of the sudden everyone would then think that Cal must be really good, and that they would therefore be a serious contender to win the ACC.

I know, that doesn't make any sense. But remember, it's SMF we are talking about.

San Diego Stage blew out Texas A&M*

* Texas A&M's campus in Commerce, Texas

My mom lives in Paris, Texas. Sometimes I drive through Commerce to get there. If you blink you miss it.

But I took a softball player from the college to the State Fair one year before I met my wife. They had some elite talent on that team.

I watched some of their late night game against Oregon State. San Diego State's offense was pathetic. I just looked, their QB ended up 11-24 for 107 and their rushing game was a combined 25 carries for 72 yards. 49 total plays on offense and only 179 yards.

That is, ah, not good.

And since I was there I looked, they were actually losing at halftime to Commerce, 6-3. They scored three fourth quarter tds to turn a close game into a rout.

They appear to be a team that Cal should be able to beat pretty handily. Which is probably why Cal is an 18-1/2 point favorite.

I watched some of their late night game against Oregon State. San Diego State's offense was pathetic. I just looked, their QB ended up 11-24 for 107 and their rushing game was a combined 25 carries for 72 yards. 49 total plays on offense and only 179 yards.

That is, ah, not good.

And since I was there I looked, they were actually losing at halftime to Commerce, 6-3. They scored three fourth quarter tds to turn a close game into a rout.

They appear to be a team that Cal should be able to beat pretty handily. Which is probably why Cal is an 18-1/2 point favorite.

I watched some of their game vs that A&M branch campus on truTV because I didnt get the memo that Turner bought some Mountain West content.

Stream-only games

Well I only missed Florida st in my predictions. ACC went 8-4

Don’t know if they will win. But Cal is a good matchup for FSU, to the extent there can be one.
Why do you say this? Their game at Auburn proved that Cal can definitely take advantage of bad quarterbacks, and that’s what Florida State has. They’ve got a nice team.

Why do you say this? Their game at Auburn proved that Cal can definitely take advantage of bad quarterbacks, and that’s what Florida State has. They’ve got a nice team.

Because Cal won the turnover advantage 5-0 and still only gained 332 yards against Auburn.

That’s not good.

Could FSU turn the ball over 3 to 5 times in the game and not get a single turnover? Maybe. But you can’t really project that or bank on it.

So what do you have? Two defenses that are good to okay. And two really bad offenses that need a lot of turnover luck to score.

That’s the exact kind of game FSU can win. Cal’s offense isn’t really suited to force DJU to win the game.

BC's 2 backs went for 160 on 31 carries. GT's 2 went for 116 on 18 carries in a low possession game. Cal brings one of the top RBs in the nation.

But none of those offenses had some insane day.

BC had had 18 first downs the entire game against FSU. It did a lot of its damage in the 4th after the FSU defense had been on the field too long.

I’m not saying FSU will win.
But what kind of game can they win? A game where the opposing offense wants to run the ball, play conservative, and let their defense control.
Why?
Because those games tend to be close. And it doesn’t require DJU to have to put the game on his shoulders and answer drive for drive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT