ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Delalic!!!!

pierre93

Athletic Director
Apr 2, 2004
AWESOME H2P!!!!!

AWESOME H2P!!!!!

We need a shooter and I trust this staff. That said, hard to believe we really didnt recruit any of the guys in the portal who can shoot.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
We need a shooter and I trust this staff. That said, hard to believe we really didnt recruit any of the guys in the portal who can shoot.
This guy shot 41.5% From 3 on 56 makes 23 MPG, 23 Games Played i believe, shows very long range as well. More polished than more of those " guys in the portal who can shoot "

This guy shot 41.5% From 3 on 56 makes 23 MPG, 23 Games Played i believe, shows very long range as well. More polished than more of those " guys in the portal who can shoot "
80 percent FT as well. 6’ 8” per Bosnia site. Will be 21 in July.

AWESOME H2P!!!!!
Excellent!!

No idea what he'll bring to the table, but the wildcard factor definitely piques my interest heading into the season.

In my head, he might be better than Thiero would have been here and he also might not be good enough to start. We shall see.

Reactions: PittInMissouri
No idea what he'll bring to the table, but the wildcard factor definitely piques my interest heading into the season.

In my head, he might be better than Thiero would have been here and he also might not be good enough to start. We shall see.
He may end up being the best player on the roster. Rebounding and defense will be his weak areas. I think he’ll end up starting, but if not, he is a 20+ minute guy.

He may end up being the best player on the roster. Rebounding and defense will be his weak areas. I think he’ll end up starting, but if not, he is a 20+ minute guy.
Looks like he knows how to play.

He also moves better than one might expect.

Don't know how well his game will translate but am very optimistic about this add and think he's going to be a meaningful contributor.

This seriously came out of nowhere. Right? No one with any knowledge until he was actually visiting a few days ago. So was Pitt scouting teams? Did this guy just send teams his tape?

And it is a better fit for us than Thiero. Different kind of players, but this guys game fits our O much better.
Yes. Gives Pitt a CHANCE to play a similar style of offense effectively as they have the past 2 seasons and to me that’s a GOOD thing.

No guarantees. Never are But adding a bigger guy with the potential to be another deep shooting threat is good to see. Especially with no Blake. So we’ll see.

I wanted Thiero but is incredibly overrated. He's worth maybe 200K but getting a mil.

This seriously came out of nowhere. Right? No one with any knowledge until he was actually visiting a few days ago. So was Pitt scouting teams? Did this guy just send teams his tape?

Yea, trying to figure out how Pitt found a guy in the Bosnian 2nd Division. The only thing I can come up with was Jarrod West provided him some contacts or something like that. Interestingly, Jarrod West played against the Zoo Crew TBT for a team that identified as a Marshall alumni team but only had 2 or 3 Marshall guys play. The whole Pitt staff was there so maybe they did some catching up.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Welcome news, for sure. The kid looks skilled and is just the kind of player we need on the wing. Our roster is deep now with all sorts of potential. A lot to look forward to come November! #H2P

Welcome news, for sure. The kid looks skilled and is just the kind of player we need on the wing. Our roster is deep now with all sorts of potential. A lot to look forward to come November! #H2P
Ordering my tickets soon. Can’t wait.

AWESOME H2P!!!!!
European basketball expert Pete Strobl talked about the league that Amsal Delalic played in: "It’s a GREAT development league, all kinds of future pros come out of there."

Film looks good, he's played against older and experienced players,
and appears to be a shooter with 3pt range. There's nothing not to
like with this signee. If the attitude is good, and he can play D, he's
gonna be getting playing time IMO. Hopefully he's the needed and
missing piece Capel was seeking.

Really good get at this stage of the game and should start at Wing. Creighton was coming hard after him. Big time shooter which is what this team needed. He should pair excellent with Leggett, then have Cummings and Dunn come in at the 2 and 3 off the bench with Austin sprinkled in there at the 3 and 4 in a bench role. This gives us the extra shooting needed to open the up the interior for Corhen and with dribble penetration from Lowe / Leggett / Dunn.

Last edited:
Really good get at this stage of the game and should start at Wing. Creighton was coming hard after him. Big time shooter which is what this team needed. He should pair excellent with Leggett, then have Cummings and Dunn come in at the 2 and 3 off the bench with Austin sprinkled in there at the 3 and 4 in a bench role. This gives us the extra shooting needed to open the up the interior for Corhen and with dribble penetration from Lowe / Leggett / Dunn.
Minutes breakdown?

Lowe, Legget, Dunn 30 each

Corhen, Delalic 27 each Guillermo 23

Austin 15, Cummings 10, Kante 8

Minutes breakdown?

Lowe, Legget, Dunn 30 each

PG-Lowe- 32 Cummings- 8
SG-Leggett- 25 Cummings-8 Dunn 7
Sf-Delalic-22 Dunn-10 Austin- 8

9 man rotation with Guillermo, Corhen, Kante and this is easily the deepest team Pitt has had since 2011.

Amdy redshirt, Barnes plays minimal or in defensive trap / press situations. Like the last 2 years, I dont see where Jorge fits or how much time he gets although he is going to be at the 4 for backup playing time.

I think the minutes breakdown for the frontcourt is far more difficult to project as opposed to the backcourt.

We have plenty of offense on this team. We need a stud defensive player in the post that can rebound and play high level defense, and the only player that is anywhere close to offer that is Papa Kante. Kante's progress / health determines minute distributions at the 4 and 5.

I think Guillermo is going to get a lot more minutes at the 4 as opposed to the 5. Im also quite intrigued with playing Corhen and Kante together as I think that pair has the potential to do quite a bit of damage together and Corhen being in a potential Troutman type role. But that again depends on Kante's health and where he is at season tipoff.

I really liked Austin better off the bench last year. He came in and played more urgent and pissed off and gave them a jolt

PG-Lowe- 32 Cummings- 8
SG-Leggett- 25 Cummings-8 Dunn 7
Sf-Delalic-22 Dunn-10 Austin- 8

9 man rotation with Guillermo, Corhen, Kante and this is easily the deepest team Pitt has had since 2011.

Amdy redshirt, Barnes plays minimal or in defensive trap / press situations. Like the last 2 years, I dont see where Jorge fits or how much time he gets although he is going to be at the 4 for backup playing time.

I think the minutes breakdown for the frontcourt is far more difficult to project as opposed to the backcourt.

We have plenty of offense on this team. We need a stud defensive player in the post that can rebound and play high level defense, and the only player that is anywhere close to offer that is Papa Kante. Kante's progress / health determines minute distributions at the 4 and 5.

I think Guillermo is going to get a lot more minutes at the 4 as opposed to the 5. Im also quite intrigued with playing Corhen and Kante together as I think that pair has the potential to do quite a bit of damage together and Corhen being in a potential Troutman type role. But that again depends on Kante's health and where he is at season tipoff.
Dunn only 17 minutes? Cummings 16?

Leggett only 25?

I would be shocked if Dunn only plays 17

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT