Wet Markets in Wuhan

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by 9nationalchampionships, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Pitt79

Pitt79 Chancellor
    Expand Collapse

That makes sense, But how about if you go out in the woods and shoot a deer? You don't know where that's been ether.

2. joeydavid

joeydavid Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

I never realized how many pro-regulation, bigger government supporters were on this board.

Pitt79 likes this.
  3. HunkyPanther

HunkyPanther Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No you don’t, it’s not about where it has been as so much it is restricted to individual harvest and consumption in the US. I get it, I shoot and eat deer, rabbits, pheasant all that good stuff. When presented that way, sure a dog is no different.
    But on a federal level, the Lacey Act and all states pretty much prevent the selling and trading of wild animals. There is nothing to prevent an “individual” in the US to eat a wolf or a coyote if it appeals to your pallet. You just can’t sell, barter or trade wild “animals” here for many reason, but some of which we are discussing here. Safety in the food supply.

4. HunkyPanther

HunkyPanther Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes...some oversight is good when it comes to what you eat.

5. Pitt79

Pitt79 Chancellor
    Expand Collapse

I get it. Makes sense, if you shoot an animal randomly walking around in the woods, it's likely "natural/organic" food, once it's in cages, with different animals, humans handling it, who knows what else, who knows what could occurs.

HunkyPanther likes this.
  6. HunkyPanther

HunkyPanther Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much in my opinion. But even deer I get tested now because of the Chronic wasting disease...I don’t take chances.

if you have ever been directly around agriculture...you will find there are a lot of QC in place from the field to the table.

46 HunkyPanther, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Pitt79 likes this.