ADVERTISEMENT

What’s The Deal With Orange Track Shoes?

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
It seems like most women and almost half the men are wearing them. And, it’s not just one shoe company. I have seen Nike, Puma and a third logo I didn’t recognize.

Is this new or has it been around for a while? I don’t watch Track and Field except the Olympics.

It seems like most women and almost half the men are wearing them. And, it’s not just one shoe company. I have seen Nike, Puma and a third logo I didn’t recognize.

Is this new or has it been around for a while? I don’t watch Track and Field except the Olympics.
Paris went with a purple track to symbolize the lavender fields in the southern parts of the country. Nike, Adidas and Puma produced mainly orange shoes to compliment the track.

Reactions: mike412

Found this in an article.

“Sportswear brands such as Nike, Adidas, and Puma have also prepared for purple, producing shoes in lurid orange and yellow hues to clash with the track.
Uganda's Joshua Cheptegei, who won gold in the 10,000 metres on Friday, was among the athletes wearing fluorescent orange spikes that popped against the purple, ensuring maximum visibility, in the stadium and on television, for the latest "supershoe" technologies.”

Reactions: mike412
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT