ADVERTISEMENT

What city has it better than Pittsburgh ?

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
In the kicking department? Boz and Sauls are so damn fun to watch. Sauls has to be a slam-dunk Groza winner. He’s not just a good kicker, he’s a weapon.

Did anyone catch on the broadcast last night the story that Dan Mullen told? He said he ran into a Pitt fan and his son and the dad told Mullen to ask the boy who his favorite Pitt player is. The boy said “Ben Sauls”. Mullen said he’s never heard anyone say a kicker was their favorite player LOL

I was at the game with my son who kicks at a D2 school last night. He said that Sauls didn’t hit a great ball on the 57 yarder, it just kinda floated. Junko hit a couple of good punts, too.

Syracuse, on the other hand……

I was at the game with my son who kicks at a D2 school last night. He said that Sauls didn’t hit a great ball on the 57 yarder, it just kinda floated. Junko hit a couple of good punts, too.

Syracuse, on the other hand……

It's crazy how difficult it is for me to tell if a kick will be good or not at the game, so I've basically just given up and wait for the crowd/officials reaction. But one thing I did notice on the 57-yarder was that it looked like the hold might have been a little funky. It seemed like the ball was tilted more than it normally is. I'm not a kicker, so maybe I'm off on that.

ironically enough, i was thinking that last night. Does he get drafted? i say yes, in the 6th. he has to be one of the best kickers coming out of college..

Hitting 57 and 58 yarders on grass in an open NFL stadium.
But every once and awhile a team will take a kicker higher than the 6th, usually the Raiders or a team who had kicking issues the previous season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT