ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the PSU T Shirt Thread???

Hope we can be better then them and discuss racism. They want to squash any negative story, which is how the whole Paterno scandal started

Hope we can be better then them and discuss racism. They want to squash any negative story, which is how the whole Paterno scandal started

What? Our entire fanbase and program as a whole is doing this. What in the hell are you going on about? 99% of PSU thought that the old bastards letter was awful and wrong. There is no racists in Pittsburgh. I know this. You believe it. It is true in wonderland.

You are the one posting about PSU constantly. Have at it. I come here because I actually like Pitt due to dumb family members I love. Not to read you ramble on and if you want go for it. Good look.

You are the one posting about PSU constantly. Have at it. I come here because I actually like Pitt due to dumb family members I love. Not to read you ramble on and if you want go for it. Good look.

First of all you are allowed to post here. If we go to your asinine board and
express an opinion we're automatically banned. That's a FACT.
Secondly there have been posts here criticizing your alum who wrote that
original racist letter. More importantly there were posts here saying
Franklin and your player with the dreads, handled it pretty well. Our
criticisms were at your alum who deserved the criticism he received.

By the way PSU makes the news again LOL, after the players wore the
tee shirts yesterday. I have no problem with their First Amendment
right to free speech and expression. Franklin and PSU forced the players
to remove them, which once again thrust your beloved university
back in the news. The reason that was given made sense, but there it
is again...PSU in the limelight...for what? Let's see, a racist alum who
goes public, players protesting with a rather graphic message on a
tee shirt under the uniforms, and the coach and university quashing
all of it, and opening up another can of worms.
LOL...couldn't happen to a better fan base (you in particular!)

Anyone claiming 99% of the fan base was outraged by the letter obviously doesn’t know the fan base. If you said 60% I might agree but I know a ton of PSU fans and I’d say close to half of them have the same mentality as the person who wrote that letter. All those people who live in between Pittsburgh and Philly wearing PSU gear who have never set foot on campus yeah right 99% of them don’t think think that way okay sure. that’s the same as saying 99% think Joe knew and covered up the biggest scandal in college sports. Please all the friends I have that are PSU fans still think Joe was God.

Anyone claiming 99% of the fan base was outraged by the letter obviously doesn’t know the fan base. If you said 60% I might agree but I know a ton of PSU fans and I’d say close to half of them have the same mentality as the person who wrote that letter. All those people who live in between Pittsburgh and Philly wearing PSU gear who have never set foot on campus yeah right 99% of them don’t think think that way okay sure. that’s the same as saying 99% think Joe knew and covered up the biggest scandal in college sports. Please all the friends I have that are PSU fans still think Joe was God.

I know the fanbase. You read message boards and snap judge.

I know the fanbase. You read message boards and snap judge.

You obviously don’t, I know a ton of PSU fans including family and good friends who have the same mentality as that person, like it or not racism is alive and well in central PA and saying there is only 1 percent of the fan base that was outraged by that letter is ridiculous. Probably 90% of people think Joe was in the know outside the cult but ask the PSU fan base and I’d say 95% feel he did nothing wrong. All of the PSU fans I know still defend that scumbag insisting he was in the dark when he ruled that school and knew everything that went on especially within the football program.

Also apologize for being taken too literally with sarcasm. I love my family and most are very smart. The 99% should obviously not be taken as an estimate. There is lunatics everywhere. PSU is in a spotlight. Read some of the things said about Charlie Strong and his family in Texas? No... Not implying because it is the norm that it is good.

Racism is alive and well in western Pa. as well. Listen to any talk show on kdka for verification.

Agree it’s alive and well in a lot of places. I work in rural America mainly with farmers and a lot of these small towns just go into the local favorite lunch spot and listen to the conversations it’s a lot more prominent than just 1% of the population. That was my point about central PA it’s a lot of small towns that aren’t too diverse and a lot of those folks aren’t very open to anyone that doesn’t look or think the way they do. And I’m not saying it’s the farmers though some are but I mean a good number of folks who live in these towns and it’s the same way in every state I visit not just PA.

lamont-wade.jpg

It is a rule in every money making sport. You wear the gear that the NCAA and your affiliates are associated with. Not homemade gear. Franklin is more than on the side of the shirt and message.

I’ll await the rule reference
Franklin told them to take them off
Let’s not pretend psu is a program or Franklin a coach -
To care about the ncaa

Am I the only one that thought old codgers complaining about long hair and tattoos went away many years ago?

Reading that letter was so humorous I almost thought it had to be fake. I almost wish I’d thought of it myself just to make PSU people look like doofuses.

I’ll await the rule reference
Franklin told them to take them off
Let’s not pretend psu is a program or Franklin a coach -
To care about the ncaa

this isn't that hard. Look at the picture. There's a Champ's Bar logo on the bottom. Would it be ok for Pitt players to come out in shirts the were paid for by and advertised Hemingway's? C'mon.

Reactions: pittdan77
It is a rule in every money making sport. You wear the gear that the NCAA and your affiliates are associated with. Not homemade gear. Franklin is more than on the side of the shirt and message.

This is wrong. Has nothing to do with being homemade. These shirts were paid for, provided by, and advertised Champs bar in State College. Who here thinks that isn't an NCAA violation? I'll wait.

Am I the only one that thought old codgers complaining about long hair and tattoos went away many years ago?

Reading that letter was so humorous I almost thought it had to be fake. I almost wish I’d thought of it myself just to make PSU people look like doofuses.
I thought it was fake, too.

That's so true. When I read that letter, I thought to myself, my god, that sounds exactly what most older Penn State fans (including family members) could have written. It certainly wasn't an aberration.

This is wrong. Has nothing to do with being homemade. These shirts were paid for, provided by, and advertised Champs bar in State College. Who here thinks that isn't an NCAA violation? I'll wait.

The same Champs bar that I was in last year, and a "S**t on Pitt" tshirt was hanging in the corner by the bar? No derogatory shirts on Ohio State or Michigan, but Pitt. But, we are not their rivals. Ok.

Reactions: pitt-girl
lol, there are rules for game jerseys not t shirts.
The school quashed it.

Last edited:
“Between Pittsburgh and Philly” lmfao.

What is it with you people and thinking Pittsburgh is a big city people care about? Philadelphia is a large city on the east coast with actual diversity and close proximity to other major cities. You live in Southwest PA. DA BURGH is a redneck town just a short drive from the West Virginia border. It’s not near anything. It’s consistently ranked among the worst city for black people and other minorities. The vast majority of you have lived in Western PA your entire life and think of DA BURGH as “the big city” because it’s all you know.

While this is mostly true. Pittsburgh is NYC compared to the wasteland between it and Philly, most of which is like a 3rd world nation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT