ADVERTISEMENT

What Should the Steelers Do at QB?

The other thing to consider: I’m sure that the Steelers have begun scouting QBs for this year’s draft and onward. They know the time has come. However, it’d be much smarter to be selective about a QB and not a year. If they lock themselves into drafting a QB this offseason and trade up for whoever’s available, it turns into an unwise crapshoot.

If a guy like Lance or Wilson (assuming Lawrence goes first and Fields gets taken early) slides and the Steelers don’t trade up, I’d imagine it’s because they don’t feel particularly high on them or feel more confident about a QB in the 2022 Class. Just my opinion.

The other thing to consider: I’m sure that the Steelers have begun scouting QBs for this year’s draft and onward. They know the time has come. However, it’d be much smarter to be selective about a QB and not a year. If they lock themselves into drafting a QB this offseason and trade up for whoever’s available, it turns into an unwise crapshoot.

If a guy like Lance or Wilson (assuming Lawrence goes first and Fields gets taken early) slides and the Steelers don’t trade up, I’d imagine it’s because they don’t feel particularly high on them or feel more confident about a QB in the 2022 Class. Just my opinion.

I think part of it is they realize all 4 of those guys are going to go really, really high and they are unable or unwilling to make the massive investment required to move up that much. If they take a QB in the 1st round it would almost certainly be Jones or Trask, the others are going to be gone very quickly.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
When the steelers were 11 - 0 they were the greatest team ever, now the they lost their last 3, they have to make all these moves and and all the players that are not that good have to go, not to mention as the the thread said, what to do at qb, after 11 straight wins you guys saw a super bowl championship, now after 3 straight losses, you guys are throwing in the towel,
Whoever says injuries aren't an excuse, is stupid. If you're down like 5 of the top 6 LBs and converting a safety to MLB, you're O line is starting 2-3 practice squad players every week and your supposed #1 RB is always injured, you better expect to go downhill.

Next Man Up is a fantasy, it never applies to QB for the most part, and it never applies in quantity, like if Spillane goes in for Bush and the other 10 starters are there, Spillane might succeed, but if Bush, Dupree, Spillane, Vince Williams all go down and it's 215 pound Marcus Allen at MLB next to some practice squad guys, THEN HELL NO, next man up is 90% DESTINED TO FAIL.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Steelers are more than a qb away from being a super bowl team unless the qb is elite. Time to revamp this organization and it starts with having Ben retire..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT