ADVERTISEMENT

When are new uniforms announced ?

FieldHouse12

Freshman
Oct 11, 2012
Duny_5-X4AI2uRw.jpg

So when are these the new uniforms ? Was there an announcement that I missed . Something about February .

Someone commented about a branding “twist” coming in February. Regarding new uniforms, I’m guessing there will be an official unveiling in late spring. Complete guess though.

Reactions: FieldHouse12
They'll most likely do some kind of tease near signing day then do the full on unveiling in the summer. Just like last time they won't do the big unveiling shindig until the spring sports season is over.

On the TV show, "ACC All Access" James Bates named the "Best of" for this season. Pitt's throwback won the best uniform in the ACC.

They are still waiting for Nike's study results to figure out which uniform decision will piss off fans the most. Steve P and Scott Barnes have each been consulted.
would not surprise me.
They must be planning on all white pants all the time.

I understand all the sarcasm and I enjoy adding in time to time as well, but being realistic I feel very good about next year's uniforms. Lyke really has not done much wrong since being here. I can see something like we have now with sleeve stripes but changing the colors a bit and adding stripes to the pants. I know a lot fans do not want to see any other choices, but I expect a white pair of pants like our last set, white with a blue stripe with two yellow bordering stripes. I'm okay with that. What I'm curious to see what they do with the blue, as it stands now I wouldn't like to see a blue helmet or blue pants with the shade they have throw backs now... if they end up darkening the blue a bit I may be okay... the all blue combo works now because of the colors and darkness of them... I wouldn't be opposed to a white helmet with blue main logo color and yellow trim. I also suspect a new panther head logo... and also and most fans will disagree or even probably ask for my head for it... but I wouldn't mind a one time a year yellow/gold jersey. I wouldn't want them to go all mono yellow, but if they get the white pants, go yellow, yellow, white. It's a combo that will stand out with the color of the seats and be pretty much rarely seen combo in college football unique to Pitt if they would.

ADVERTISEMENT