ADVERTISEMENT

When Saban Complains About NIL .....

The coaches, especially the high profile, massively compensated, uber-powerful ones like Saban (my phone originally changed the word to Satan…it knows), are probably the LAST individuals who the universities should have speaking out against NIL. Really a bad look for the whole system. Let him and the others hold a press conference and tear up their contracts and say they’ll work for the value of a year’s tuition like their players, and MAYBE I won’t automatically dismiss their blathering as total hypocrisy.

prime just stuffed him in a locker.

i said this won't end well for bama. sorry - the state of alabama has little resources for NIL compared to USC or UT, OSU. it's a small, poor state with an insulated fan base that doesn't project elsewhere.

Yeah, there is a reason Alabama and Clemson are against NIL, to the surprise of many. Schools like USC, Texas, Texas A&M, etc. can really close the gap on them now by getting recruits that would have otherwise gone to Bama, Clemson, or even Ohio St. Sure a chance at the playoffs and a national title that those three offer is nice...getting paid some $$ by the other schools is nicer. Their monopoly at the top is being threatened.

Reactions: 303vND
This also puts into perspective what a miracle the SEC commish did when he got these southern schools, that were constantly at war with each other and constantly ratting on each other, to agree to a truce and uphold the “SEC! SEC! SEC! It just means more” mantra.

That was a power keg that shouldn’t have lasted as long as it did.

You can say whatever you want to about Saban , but he is absolutely right on this issue.
Saban is just mad, because his baggers can’t match anymore, few years back Jerry Jeudy was set to become a Miami Hurricane, but decided to sign with Alabama at the last moment, he was asked what made you change your mind, his words and I’m quoting, they offered my family a deal they couldn’t refuse. So fvck Saban and all the big SEC schools that have been throwing money at players for the last decade.

Yawn. Sound and fury signifying nothing. Saban’s wrath better directed to fat cats at NCAA. They had eight years to fix it and did not a damn thing.

Yeah, there is a reason Alabama and Clemson are against NIL, to the surprise of many. Schools like USC, Texas, Texas A&M, etc. can really close the gap on them now by getting recruits that would have otherwise gone to Bama, Clemson, or even Ohio St. Sure a chance at the playoffs and a national title that those three offer is nice...getting paid some $$ by the other schools is nicer. Their monopoly at the top is being threatened.
Saban did not say he was against it, he said that it needs to be regulated. Do you disagree?

Saban did not say he was against it, he said that it needs to be regulated. Do you disagree?
What he says and what he means aren't always the same thing. The SEC has always done what it wanted so far as payola. Saban doesn't like that he's suddenly in an arms race and is pouting because Jimbo is a major threat in his own division.

Where was Saban for the past eight years while this disaster was coming down the tracks? That’s right, crickets from him. Why? Because the NCAA, conferences, coaches and administrators were all going to milk it for as long as possible. More proof of Saban bs? How much of his ungodly contract has he donated to a collective? Here’s a hint. Zero.

Reactions: 303vND
Saban is just mad, because his baggers can’t match anymore, few years back Jerry Jeudy was set to become a Miami Hurricane, but decided to sign with Alabama at the last moment, he was asked what made you change your mind, his words and I’m quoting, they offered my family a deal they couldn’t refuse. So fvck Saban and all the big SEC schools that have been throwing money at players for the last decade.
YEP!!!

What he says and what he means aren't always the same thing. The SEC has always done what it wanted so far as payola. Saban doesn't like that he's suddenly in an arms race and is pouting because Jimbo is a major threat in his own division.
YEP!!!

Reactions: miamicanes37
Like it was regulated when he was passing bags to recruits? I don't like the whole NIL situation, but if anyone should shut up about "doing things the right way", it's Nick Saban. He only wants regulation now because the tables have turned on him a bit.

You can add Jimbo Fisher to that list too. That's what makes the spat comical. Two known slimy ass coaches going after each other like they are the righteous ones. LOL

Like it was regulated when he was passing bags to recruits? I don't like the whole NIL situation, but if anyone should shut up about "doing things the right way", it's Nick Saban. He only wants regulation now because the tables have turned on him a bit.

You can add Jimbo Fisher to that list too. That's what makes the spat comical. Two known slimy ass coaches going after each other like they are the righteous ones. LOL
Yup, Jimbo goes back to the FSU years too!!

But do you disagree with what he said? He is bringing much needed attention to this fiasco, regardless of whatever else he has done. That is all I am saying. It is possible to agree with people on some issues, and disagree with them on others.

But do you disagree with what he said? He is bringing much needed attention to this fiasco, regardless of whatever else he has done. That is all I am saying. It is possible to agree with people on some issues, and disagree with them on others.
Yes. I disagree with what he said. It was hypocritical and self interested.

Reactions: miamicanes37
I don't agree for several reasons that have nothing to do with Saban. Duzz probably agrees with him.

1. It's out of his and the NCAA's control. NIL is here to stay.
2. Pay for Play has been around forever and the NCAA couldn't regulate it. Some schools just wouldn't allow their fan base to go all in (see Golden Panthers).
3. Coaches all cry about things they can't control.
4. These things have a way of finding level ground, eventually. A lot of it won't be sustainable and will actually fail pretty spectacularly. Like everything else, smart people will figure it out and come out further ahead.

Saban could take like $5 million per year of his own money and pay players and still be making more than 75% of the P5 coaches.

Reactions: pittdan77
BRAVO Jimbo, BRAVO

Saban is the biggest hypocrite EVER. The man is Satan.

Well sure, Saban is a hypocrite. But you know that Jimbo realizes that what Saban said was correct, because Jimbo didn't spend any of his time actually attacking the substance of what Saban said, he twisted it around to make it sound like Saban was going after the "17 year old kids and their families", when in reality he was going after the booster groups who were offering inducements for players to go to a certain school in direct violation of the rules.

At no point in time did Jimbo ever say "we do not allow our boosters to offer inducements to high school or college athletes to come to A&M. If we were to find out such a thing happened we would turn that information over to the NCAA and disallow those boosters from having any contact with the program." And for good reason. Because even though Jimbo knows that's an NCAA violation that is exactly what he wants his boosters doing. Pointing that out in no way, shape or form is an attack on the 17 year old kids who the adults are throwing the money at.

Reactions: pittdan77
Well sure, Saban is a hypocrite. But you know that Jimbo realizes that what Saban said was correct, because Jimbo didn't spend any of his time actually attacking the substance of what Saban said, he twisted it around to make it sound like Saban was going after the "17 year old kids and their families", when in reality he was going after the booster groups who were offering inducements for players to go to a certain school in direct violation of the rules.

At no point in time did Jimbo ever say "we do not allow our boosters to offer inducements to high school or college athletes to come to A&M. If we were to find out such a thing happened we would turn that information over to the NCAA and disallow those boosters from having any contact with the program." And for good reason. Because even though Jimbo knows that's an NCAA violation that is exactly what he wants his boosters doing. Pointing that out in no way, shape or form is an attack on the 17 year old kids who the adults are throwing the money at.
Right, and he acted like he has no idea what they're offering and that it's none of his business. Everyone knows that is complete BS. Riley is acting the same way.

These guys are megalomaniacs when it comes to their football programs. There is no way they don't know everything that's going on and directing it.

ADVERTISEMENT