ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Place James Conner Into Concussion Protocol

Trying to figure out Mike dumlin is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. he best get the hell out of doge after ben retires. Because quite frankly Dumlin is jay vee.

Ben is the Steelers, after he goes, expect losing seasons for a long time, next man up doesn't work with the QB position. So if Tomlin wants to succeed after Ben then he better trade a whole draft to get a very top franchise QB pick, so he can have a 10% chance of not sucking.

Ben is the Steelers, after he goes, expect losing seasons for a long time, next man up doesn't work with the QB position. So if Tomlin wants to succeed after Ben then he better trade a whole draft to get a very top franchise QB pick, so he can have a 10% chance of not sucking.
Ben doesn't get the appreciation he deserves in this town. It is his team no doubt about that. As he goes, they go.

That's it James run with that damn thing. Nice carry. I spoke to soon haha

DLEbZeYUQAAXv9G.jpg:large

Last edited:
WTF? Why would Tomlin not want Conner to succeed? Is he anti-Pitt too? The paranoia runs deep,

This is really, really dumb.

You're right. Bell is always the answer. Never did I mention Tomlin was anti Pitt. Tomlin is anti owning his bad decisions. Reading comprehension has never been a strong suit for either of you two.

You're right. Bell is always the answer. Never did I mention Tomlin was anti Pitt. Tomlin is anti owning his bad decisions. Reading comprehension has never been a strong suit for either of you two.

You're still not making any sense. Bell is the answer. He is the Steelers starting RB. Conner is a back up.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Todd Haley is the problem. This game today should be over but this moron's play calling kept Baltimore in it. Now they probably will come back and win.

BTW if you are going to run the ball so much you should be alternating running backs more often, dont just give the ball to one man every time.

Steelers need to stop going for 2 unless the situation calls for it. They were lousy at it all last season and it doesn't look much better so far this year.

Steelers need to stop going for 2 unless the situation calls for it. They were lousy at it all last season and it doesn't look much better so far this year.
Agree!
I get the math but don't get the probability of making it happen as much as Tomlin thinks it might!

is there no one on that staff that can see what we see?
It's almost as if one group is made of professionals with decades of experience and success and the other is a group of armchairs that haven't been paid a cent to coach football in their lifetimes...

It's almost as if one group is made of professionals with decades of experience and success and the other is a group of armchairs that haven't been paid a cent to coach football in their lifetimes...

are you actually watching this game or are you just spouting B.S.? Do you have to be reminded that this is the same offensive scheme shut down by the worst team in the NFL last week?

This second half has been really bad offensively. Why go deep there on 3rd and 3?

Ben just isn't the same so far this season. I hope he gets his swagger back really soon.

the last play was the quarterback's fault. By NFL standards Bryant was not just open but ridiculously open.

That is the 2nd touchdown Roethlisberger missed on today. The other one was the play where Brown flipped out afterwards

They do seem to take too many deep shots for a team that hasn't really been able to set it up with a strong running game yet.

Steelers play a lot of games like this where they really struggle to get going offensively in the 2nd half.

You doubled down on your idiocy? Bold strategy.

are you actually watching this game or are you just spouting B.S.? Do you have to be reminded that this is the same offensive scheme shut down by the worst team in the NFL last week?
"offensive scheme" seriously? You are going to try and sound smart by talking about "scheme" when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about?
The Steelers were losing or tied the entire Chicago game, but were winning the entire Baltimore game.
The Steelers ran the ball 60% of plays against Baltimore but only 30% against Chicago.
They ran the ball off tackle or outside on 43% of run plays again Baltimore vs 18% against Chicago.
On 1st and 10, the Steelers ran the ball 65% of the time against Baltimore but only 27% of the time against Chicago.

Stop posting like a sour homer.

Through 4 games James has 46 yards rushing on on 9 carries, for an average of 5.1 yards per carry.

To be honest, I was hoping for at least double the amount carries by now.

Can hope for all the carries in the world but the reality is the Steelers ride Bell and ride him hard. They did so last year as well.

In my opinion, they should lessen Bell's workload when given the opportunity to try and keep him as fresh as possible for end of season and post season. That is easier said than done though but giving James a series or two a game might pay dividends come end of year.

Can hope for all the carries in the world but the reality is the Steelers ride Bell and ride him hard. They did so last year as well.

In my opinion, they should lessen Bell's workload when given the opportunity to try and keep him as fresh as possible for end of season and post season. That is easier said than done though but giving James a series or two a game might pay dividends come end of year.
I completely agree with you. They need a healthy Bell for the postseason. The Steelers should win the division with no problem at all this season. I don't see the downside of giving Bell a rest on at least 2 series' per game.

I completely agree with you. They need a healthy Bell for the postseason. The Steelers should win the division with no problem at all this season. I don't see the downside of giving Bell a rest on at least 2 series' per game.

Right depending on score/game situation, they should certainly look to try and limit him in the hopes of preserving him later. Obviously in a close game, they have to ride him but if the game is out of hand, no reason not to give him some breathers.

"offensive scheme" seriously? You are going to try and sound smart by talking about "scheme" when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about?
The Steelers were losing or tied the entire Chicago game, but were winning the entire Baltimore game.
The Steelers ran the ball 60% of plays against Baltimore but only 30% against Chicago.
They ran the ball off tackle or outside on 43% of run plays again Baltimore vs 18% against Chicago.
On 1st and 10, the Steelers ran the ball 65% of the time against Baltimore but only 27% of the time against Chicago.

Stop posting like a sour homer.

and they were ineffective offensively in BOTH games and they were lucky, this week, that they went against a team with an offense even more pathetic than theirs. If this a-hole calls the same retarded game this week Jacksonville will beat them

You doubled down on your idiocy? Bold strategy.

Well, I could agree with you but it makes no sense for both of us to be wrong. Tomlin needs to be using Conner or another back more or Bell is going to be in the same place he was during the last two post seasons.

It has nothing to do with anti Pitt anything.

Well, I could agree with you but it makes no sense for both of us to be wrong. Tomlin needs to be using Conner or another back more or Bell is going to be in the same place he was during the last two post seasons.

It has nothing to do with anti Pitt anything.
You've never said that in the thread. You realize that, right?

This is what you said and it is idiotic.
Tomlin's ego is too big to put Conner in spots where he'd succeed. F him.

what's a tad discouraging, from a pitt and JC fan's perspective, is that Tomlin is deciding to go with Watson more on short down plays over Conner.. Cant say it's a bad decision since it's kind of working but as a JC fan, I was really hoping he'd be that sure-fire # 2 back and getting those carries..

But in Tomlin's defense, he's here to win games and so far, Watson has moved the chains..

what's a tad discouraging, from a pitt and JC fan's perspective, is that Tomlin is deciding to go with Watson more on short down plays over Conner.. Cant say it's a bad decision since it's kind of working but as a JC fan, I was really hoping he'd be that sure-fire # 2 back and getting those carries..

But in Tomlin's defense, he's here to win games and so far, Watson has moved the chains..

Yeah agree but Conner is getting the carries outside of short yardage situations so I think he is the #2
Maybe Watson is just a better short yardage back which is why he is used in those situations.

I have a very hard time believing that Conner is not a stronger short yardage runner than Watson. Everything we saw him do at Pitt goes against this. There is no tougher runner on the Steelers than JC. The man bullies tacklers. We all know this.

Watson is getting snaps over James today. I don't understand that one bit. Bell isn't running with purpose. I'd love to see some Touches for Conner.

PS looks like the team was more worried about the anthem than the Bears. They need to wake up in the 2nd half.
Kinda drifted away from pro football in the last oh, ten or eleven days or so, but I seem to recall some of the experts thought that LaVeon Bell was like the best back in the league or some such thing and that might have something to do with Conner's lack of time. On a beautiful hike with my lovely bride on Sunday so I don't know much of the game in Baltimore.

Kinda drifted away from pro football in the last oh, ten or eleven days or so, but I seem to recall some of the experts thought that LaVeon Bell was like the best back in the league or some such thing and that might have something to do with Conner's lack of time. On a beautiful hike with my lovely bride on Sunday so I don't know much of the game in Baltimore.
Bell is the bell cow, no doubt. I'm questioning the use of Watson over Conner. Conner over Bell is no debate.

Bell is the bell cow, no doubt. I'm questioning the use of Watson over Conner. Conner over Bell is no debate.
Maybe because you have seen the two running backs carry the ball 60-70 combined times against NFL defenses whereas the coaches have seen them in 50+ practices and workouts. James' big upside in college was that he was bigger than most of the guys trying to tackle him, it's foolish to think that it wouldn't take some time for that to translate in the NFL.

Also Conner has 9 carries in the regular season, Watson has 3.

I noticed after Connor had that nice run off left tackle Bell started to run harder when put back into the game. Also Connor didnt get many more attempts after that nice run he had. Almost like Pittsburgh was defiant against rotating the backs that nearly every NFL team does presently.

I noticed after Connor had that nice run off left tackle Bell started to run harder when put back into the game. Also Connor didnt get many more attempts after that nice run he had. Almost like Pittsburgh was defiant against rotating the backs that nearly every NFL team does presently.
It's run 'em til the wheels fall off with Tomlin. Doesn't make sense. Rotating keeps guys fresher, obviously. Especially in games that are decided, like Baltimore, Conner should get more touches.

Reactions: pittman71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT