ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Lamar Patterson playing and is this stat line legit?

And yes he just had another 60 point game before this so the numbers seem "legit". I don't think western China/inner Mongolia division or whatever is exactly a basketball hot bed. NBL is the lower tier Chinese league at that, below the CBA. I am not sure it even pays anything more than room and board.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
A few other names in the league include Isaiah Austin and Quincy Douby. I'm sure the average pay is low but I'd imagine Lamar is getting paid decently. Otherwise I can't imagine him having trouble finding a good landing spot given that he's a year removed from the NBA.

No offense to him but that league has to be an absolute joke. He shouldn't be able to obtain those stats against high school competition let alone some kind of pro league.

And that is not a knock on Patterson because I think he is a really good player but those stats are video game like.

Reactions: freddietee511
No offense to him but that league has to be an absolute joke. He shouldn't be able to obtain those stats against high school competition let alone some kind of pro league.

And that is not a knock on Patterson because I think he is a really good player but those stats are video game like.

Which makes me think he is being compensated very well for playing there. Why else go to a second tier league in China when he surely could be paid well to play against better competition elsewhere.

Yeah he might be "the main draw" for what is essentially the D-league of China. And in an isolated outpost like Tibet at that.

If he wasnt the main draw before, he certainly is now.

At any rate, this has to give one confidence in general

He must of went to Tibet to write the book: My Journey for Inner Peace (While Averaging 70 Points and 12 Rebounds a Night)

I’d say the Tibetan league is a slight step above the JBL.

The Sherpas probably play tighter defense than the Ball kids.

Which makes me think he is being compensated very well for playing there. Why else go to a second tier league in China when he surely could be paid well to play against better competition elsewhere.
Nobody is being compensated well to play basketball in that league and especially in Tibet, one of the poorest, least developed and and most isolated 3rd world backwaters on earth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT