ADVERTISEMENT

Which University produces the top NFL talent? PFF says Pitt

Thanks for proving my point, 2012 and 2013 Pitt had higher recuiting rankings which is exactly what I said. With only 16 and 19 recruits in those years meant PSU could not miss on any recruits. That is why PSU had so much youth on the field for the opening game of the series. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to say.

If your point was the psu had the higher rated players than Pitt and Pitt still won, then you are welcome :)

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I appreciate that PSU might have had the higher star rating, however Pitt had a huge advantage in senior leadership and returning experience. Your assertion that PSU and Pitt were equal in terms of “experience “ is simply wrong. Pitt was one of the “oldest” teams in the country (7th most experience team), PSU was one of the youngest ( 81st as far as returning starters).
http://plus.philsteele.com/Blogs/2016/JUNE16/DBJune28.html

http://plus.philsteele.com/Blogs/2016

Not exactly sure why you would have to lie. But, since this is the internet, it is really easily searchable. I get it, you guys are excuse-makers.

First, on offense for the Pitt game depth chart (released by Penn State)

9 of the 11 starters on offense were upperclassmen. The only 2 underclassmen where Barkley at TB (who was your best player), and Bates at LG who was backed up by a Sr,

On defense, 9 of 11 starters were also starters.

https://victorybellrings.com/2016/09/05/analyzing-penn-state-depth-chart-pitt-game/

OFFENSE

Quarterback
9 Trace McSorley (6-0, 205, Jr./So.)

Running Back
26 Saquon Barkley (5-11, 223, So./So.)

Wide Receiver (X)
12 Chris Godwin (6-1, 205, Jr./Jr..)

Wide Receiver (H)
12 DaeSean Hamilton (6-1, 205, Sr./Jr.)

Wide Receiver (Z)

13 Saeed Blacknall (6-3, 212, Jr./Jr.)

Tight End/H-Back
88 Mike Gesicki (6-6, 252, Jr./Jr.)

Left Tackle
70 Brendan Mahon (6-4, 320, Sr../Jr.)
73 Paris Palmer (6-7, 300, Sr./Sr.)

Left Guard
52 Ryan Bates (6-4, 305, So./Fr.)
55 Wendy Laurent (6-2, 297, Gr./Sr.)

Center
72 Brian Gaia (6-3, 295, Gr./Sr.)
55 Wendy Laurent (6-2, 297, Gr./Sr.)

Right Guard
53 Derek Dowrey (6-3, 323, Gr./Sr.)

Right Tackle
59 Andrew Nelson (6-6, 306, Sr./Jr.)
77 Chasz Wright (6-7, 343, Jr./So.)

DEFENSE

Defensive End
94 Evan Schwan (6-6, 263, Gr./Sr.)

Defensive Tackle
30 Kevin Givens (6-1, 275, So./Fr.)

Defensive Tackle
41 Parker Cothren (6-4, 295, Sr./Jr.)

Defensive End
90 Garrett Sickels (6-4, 260, Sr./Jr.)

Will Linebacker
5 Nyeem Wartman-White (6-1, 240, Gr./Sr.)
11 Brandon Bell (6-1, 233, Sr./Sr.)

Middle Linebacker
40 Jason Cabinda (6-1, 232, Jr./Jr.)
5 Nyeem Wartman-White (6-1, 240, Gr./Sr.)

Sam Linebacker
11 Brandon Bell (6-1, 233, Sr./Sr.)
25 Von Walker (5-11, 213, Sr./Sr.)

Boundary Cornerback
29 John Reid (5-10, 191, So./So.)
1 Christian Campbell (6-1, 194, Jr./Jr.)

Free Safety
2 Marcus Allen (6-2, 202, Jr./Jr.)
28 Troy Apke (6-1, 206, Jr./Jr.)

Strong Safety
6 Malik Golden (6-0, 205, Gr./Sr.)

Field Cornerback
15 Grant Haley (5-9, 185, Jr./Jr.)

OK, so any questions? How about you just scoot back to your board with your tail between your legs. I know, when you tell lies over and over again, you start to believe them, right? Well, save the above so you dont make the mistake again.

HAHA

Well, glad to prove you a fraud.

Again, excuse maker, that is great, I get it, your university is a vile place and you need to always be defensive.

Glad to show you that 18 of the 22 starters for the Pitt game were Jrs and Sr.
Sounds pretty darn experienced

I can not find Pitt's 2 deep for the game. I know Ford was out, and our entire receiving corps had like... 5 total career receptions. Plus I know we had 2 walks start (Idowu and the FB), plus officer was our center (soph). Just right there that is more underclassmen starting than penn state had, on defense I know Hendrix, Webb, Soto and I think Mitchell were out?

Sure we had Price, Conner (first real game back from cancer and knee surgery), DoJo and Peterman (who no one at the time thought was very good). But our other 'experienced' guys were Galambos and Capara, hardly murderers row there.

Narduzzi and company just thoroughly outcoached Penn State... bottom line.

I can not find Pitt's 2 deep for the game. I know Ford was out, and our entire receiving corps had like... 5 total career receptions. Plus I know we had 2 walks start (Idowu and the FB), plus officer was our center (soph). Just right there that is more underclassmen starting than penn state had, on defense I know Hendrix, Webb, Soto and I think Mitchell were out?

Sure we had Price, Conner (first real game back from cancer and knee surgery), DoJo and Peterman (who no one at the time thought was very good). But our other 'experienced' guys were Galambos and Capara, hardly murderers row there.

Narduzzi and company just thoroughly outcoached Penn State... bottom line.

Additionally, their head coach, who makes millions per year, was unaware the it is legal for the defense to make non verbal pre-snap calls.

Reactions: President Stache
But,but,but Stache Vegas over estimated Darduzzi coaching ability because Psu covered the spread.I'm glad because I had Psu plus 4 1/2.Fast-forward to 2017 Vegas thought Franklin was a 20 point better coach than Narduzzi and so did I.Result Franklin was only a 19 point better coach than Narduzzi.What does this all mean?Vegas had these two lines almost perfect proving....................nothing.

But,but,but Stache Vegas over estimated Darduzzi coaching ability because Psu covered the spread.I'm glad because I had Psu plus 4 1/2.Fast-forward to 2017 Vegas thought Franklin was a 20 point better coach than Narduzzi and so did I.Result Franklin was only a 19 point better coach than Narduzzi.What does this all mean?Vegas had these two lines almost perfect proving....................nothing.

Wasnt my post pizza face, I was responding to his dumb comment. If you cant spot sarcasm, you probably shouldnt post

Reactions: JokePa
Stache if you can't spot sarcasm you shouldn't post either.Stache don't make fun of pizza,you do know the profit on a $10 pie don't you.

Thanks for proving my point, 2012 and 2013 Pitt had higher recuiting rankings which is exactly what I said. With only 16 and 19 recruits in those years meant PSU could not miss on any recruits. That is why PSU had so much youth on the field for the opening game of the series. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to say.

Glad others answered, as you see, psu had the better classes

If your point was the psu had the higher rated players than Pitt and Pitt still won, then you are welcome :)

My point was that to pick the first game of the series as to why class rankings don't matter is wrong. No excuses on PSU losing. Pitt deserved to win, but it wasn't a year where Pitt had less talent than PSU. I come to this board periodically because I have ties to two players on Pitt's roster. I think on this topic you guys forget that PSU was not recruiting at an elite level in the years prior to this series. I remember the thought at the time was that Pitt would have the advantage over PSU for most if not all of the series. The huge disparity in recruiting will occur as Pitt leaves PSU's schedule. Done on this, see you next season.

tied with OSU for #1.

Also Aaron Donald is rated #1 in the entire NFL

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-101-players-from-the-2017-nfl-season

At the end of the day, you go the to school that gives you the best chance to succeed in your planned future career. That being said, this proves Pitt gives you that opportunity better than anyone else.
Who cares? I don't root for Pitt players in the NFL, I ONLY root for the Steelers. Pitt players in the NFL doesn't make watching 5-7 any more fun. I'd rather go 10-2 and nobody make the NFL.

Who cares? I don't root for Pitt players in the NFL, I ONLY root for the Steelers. Pitt players in the NFL doesn't make watching 5-7 any more fun. I'd rather go 10-2 and nobody make the NFL.

I would say literally every Pitt fan but you cares?

That is the function of a university to give their students the best opportunity to succeed at their next level and earn a living.

I would say literally every Pitt fan but you cares?

That is the function of a university to give their students the best opportunity to succeed at their next level and earn a living.
Well? What would YOU choose if given a choice, whatever you decide would happen...

A. 5-7 five guys make the NFL the next year
B. 10-2 NOBODY makes an NFL roster from that team

Pick one? A or B?

Well? What would YOU choose if given a choice, whatever you decide would happen...

A. 5-7 five guys make the NFL the next year
B. 10-2 NOBODY makes an NFL roster from that team

Pick one? A or B?

I would pick A since that is Pitt, and I am a Pitt fan.

Plus, pretty sure if I am a teacher or coach, of say high school, again, I would much prefer my kids to get free rides to college than wins. Just like you would prefer your students to get great jobs after attending your school and not just good rankings.

Of course, you would prefer both. And we are well on our way there.

Plus, pretty sure if I am a teacher or coach, of say high school, again, I would much prefer my kids to get free rides to college than wins. Just like you would prefer your students to get great jobs after attending your school and not just good rankings.

I guess this attitude is why the admin operates as SPORTS LOSERS for decades with no real repercussions.

A power 5 team that is 10-2 will have players drafted.

The better question would be would you rather have a 5-7 team with no NFL talent, or a 5-7 team with talent we can watch in the NFL for years. Obviously it is the latter.

My point was that to pick the first game of the series as to why class rankings don't matter is wrong. No excuses on PSU losing. Pitt deserved to win, but it wasn't a year where Pitt had less talent than PSU. I come to this board periodically because I have ties to two players on Pitt's roster. I think on this topic you guys forget that PSU was not recruiting at an elite level in the years prior to this series. I remember the thought at the time was that Pitt would have the advantage over PSU for most if not all of the series. The huge disparity in recruiting will occur as Pitt leaves PSU's schedule. Done on this, see you next season.

Well your point is incorrect, as pointed out to you. But good excuses! Psi had the better recruits, the more experienced team and Pitt badly out coached and outplayed them. Last year Pitt outplayed them again and if not for bad an play/turnovers would have won again. I don't pretend what future games will show, but I don't think it will be much different

Well your point is incorrect, as pointed out to you. But good excuses! Psi had the better recruits, the more experienced team and Pitt badly out coached and outplayed them. Last year Pitt outplayed them again and if not for bad an play/turnovers would have won again. I don't pretend what future games will show, but I don't think it will be much different

This is revisionist history at its finest. Pitt had, by far, the more veteran team in 2016. Penn State was the 2nd youngest team in the nation and returned virtually everyone the following year but in 2016 were young. We had Peterman, Conner, veteran lines on both sides of the ball

As for last year, we lost by 19 and were never in the game

ADVERTISEMENT