ADVERTISEMENT

Whipple's players in all-star games

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
FWIW, I noticed that UMass had a RB, WR, and TE in some of those all-star games. Pretty good for a minor D1 program. Their TE was actually that kid from Central PA that went to Penn State right after they got hit with sanctions. The one where a PSU booster bought t-shirts for his entire school and sent him care packages (amazing he was quoted as saying this but wasnt an NCAA violation).

Reactions: DiehardPanther
FWIW, I noticed that UMass had a RB, WR, and TE in some of those all-star games. Pretty good for a minor D1 program. Their TE was actually that kid from Central PA that went to Penn State right after they got hit with sanctions. The one where a PSU booster bought t-shirts for his entire school and sent him care packages (amazing he was quoted as saying this but wasnt an NCAA violation).
Their WR last year had sick numbers. That’s promising, I hope anyways.

Their WR last year had sick numbers. That’s promising, I hope anyways.

Yea and these were the better games. Senior Bowl, Shrine Game, NFLPA Bowl.

BTW, Slippery Rock had a RB in the Senior Bowl. Whats going on up there? I posted on the basketball board they have an All-American big guy who I want to grad transfer for Pitt hoops.

Look up Andy Isabella's highlights against UGA. He made their secondary look silly. Tom Brady should like having him on the team next year.

BTW, I think this kid was an Ohio state 100m champ. He ran 10.5 in high school. That is 0.2 faster than Ffrench.

Look up Andy Isabella's highlights against UGA. He made their secondary look silly. Tom Brady should like having him on the team next year.

BTW, I think this kid was an Ohio state 100m champ. He ran 10.5 in high school. That is 0.2 faster than Ffrench.

Yea, the Patriots either take him or Hunter Renfrow from Clemson guaranteed. Crazy thing is Whipple will be inheriting a lesser-talented WR core (at least at the top) then the one he came from.

Yea, the Patriots either take him or Hunter Renfrow from Clemson guaranteed. Crazy thing is Whipple will be inheriting a lesser-talented WR core (at least at the top) then the one he came from.

I seriously doubt that. Isabella had P5 interest but ended up at UMass because of his size. He was better than any of Pitt's WRs but they aren't stacking their depth chart with that type of talent.

Yea and these were the better games. Senior Bowl, Shrine Game, NFLPA Bowl.

BTW, Slippery Rock had a RB in the Senior Bowl. Whats going on up there? I posted on the basketball board they have an All-American big guy who I want to grad transfer for Pitt hoops.

- The Slippery Rock RB (Wes Hills) is a transfer from Delaware where he was a 2 year team captain ...... he played there 3 years and also redshirted another year because of injury and he sat out yet another year with academic ineligibility, I believe........ so at Division I he only used up 3 years of eligibility but he used up his 5 years time window so he was not able to use his 4th year of eligibility at a DI school and thus transferred to DII Slippery Rock to complete his 4th year of eligibility as DII doesn't have the 5 consecutive year rule ...... he is big (6'2", 220 lbs) and pretty fast ...... I would compare him somewhat to Ollison ...... I think Hills has a chance of getting drafted or at least FA tryout.

- The Slippery Rock Basketball player you mentioned (Micah Till 6'7", 260 lbs) was a 3 star football recruit who played TE at North Carolina State his freshman year, he then transferred to a JUCO and played basketball for one year, he then transferred to Slippery Rock and is in his 2nd year of playing basketball at the Rock .... he will have one year of eligibility for next year ..... I think he averaged a double-double last season and also so far this season.

- The Slippery Rock RB (Wes Hills) is a transfer from Delaware where he was a 2 year team captain ...... he played there 3 years and also redshirted another year because of injury and he sat out yet another year with academic ineligibility, I believe........ so at Division I he only used up 3 years of eligibility but he used up his 5 years time window so he was not able to use his 4th year of eligibility at a DI school and thus transferred to DII Slippery Rock to complete his 4th year of eligibility as DII doesn't have the 5 consecutive year rule ...... he is big (6'2", 220 lbs) and pretty fast ...... I would compare him somewhat to Ollison ...... I think Hills has a chance of getting drafted or at least FA tryout.

- The Slippery Rock Basketball player you mentioned (Micah Till 6'7", 260 lbs) was a 3 star football recruit who played TE at North Carolina State his freshman year, he then transferred to a JUCO and played basketball for one year, he then transferred to Slippery Rock and is in his 2nd year of playing basketball at the Rock .... he will have one year of eligibility for next year ..... I think he averaged a double-double last season and also so far this season.

21 and 12 last year and an All-American. 21 and 10 this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT