ADVERTISEMENT

Who are our WRs?

There are only a handful of college athletes who have gotten legitimate NIL deals from national companies. Bryce Young won the friggin Heisman, plays for Alabama, and his only commercial is that Nissan Heisman House. College athletes just aren't marketable which is why all these NIL deals are just booster pay for plays sprinkled in with some local restaurants paying a few thousand bucks to make appearances or send some tweets out.
He also does Dr. Pepper commercials.

*RaleighPittFan beat me to it.

i dont think there is a uniform salary range for portal tranfers here guys so i dont even know what you are arguing about.
There will be. The unwritten rules are still being written, so to speak. If a starting P5 transfer goes into the portal, he will get offers in a certain range. Heck, every Texas Tech player gets a 25K/year salary so if TT wants him, the least he'd get is 25K. So Joe thinks 100K is insane but TT is paying their 4th string walkon WR 25K. He can get 100K

Sure. Like you said.

Except it's not like you said; he's done more than several commercials.
Cool, dude. He won the Heisman Trophy and did a few national commercials. Can we name any other college athlete on national ad campaigns? There are probably a couple out there. Right? Point is college athletes arent marketable. And the LSU gymnast, I am not counting. She is an Instagram influencer who just happens to be a gymnast. Without IG and skimpy bikini photos, no one would know who she is.

You must have an idea because you said you are sure he won't make 100K. The difference is you are too afraid of to post your estimate for fear of being wrong. So go ahead and tell us what you think a starting P5 WR is worth in free agency? 25K? 50K?

He will get somewhere between absolutely nothing and the $1 million that Auburn is paying John Hugley to play basketball this year.

Like I said, my guess is between nothing and $1 million. I mean if John Hugley is worth a million, why not a college wide receiver?

giphy.gif

Like I said, my guess is between nothing and $1 million. I mean if John Hugley is worth a million, why not a college wide receiver?
FWIW, I said 100K for Hugley and that's probably what he got to stay at Pitt. Even if not, he absolutely was worth 100K in free agency. The KSt dude got 400K

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT