ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the 3 best football players on the team?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Well, besides linemen for the purposes of this post.

1. Whitehead
2. Henderson
3. Aston

I think most would agree with that. So, I've never coached football but if someone gave me a football team and told me to coach it, the first thing I'd do is look at my players and see who my best are so I can put them in positions where they can have the most impact.

Whitehead - For years I've been saying he was being wasted at Strong Safety, the least important position against pass-happy teams. He is an explosive athlete and if he's not playing CB, I'm sorry but he has to play close to full time on offense either at TB or WR. He can help the team score points more than he can lrevent prevent the other team from scoring.

Henderson - isnt even being used on offense for the most part. The kid needs 15 touches per game at an absolute minimum. Put him at TB, let him come out of the backfield on a LB like Barkley. Wildcat QB, whatever. He's the most electric player we've EVER had and he doesn't see the football beyond a few jet sweeps.

Aston - he's back now and although Canada used him very creatively last season, he is too good a football player to play at the low-impact position of FB. Don't tell me the kid wouldn't be a beast at LB. I've seen Pitt start Shane Murray, Anthony Gonzalez, and Austin Ransom in years passed to varying degrees of success. Aston would be a very good LB on a team who lacks quality LBs.

In some ways, Narduzzi's stubbornness reminds me a lot of Dixon's. The "this is what we do" mentality. The team cant score points and your 2 biggest offensive threats never get the football.

Idowu, Aston and Morrissey may be in the top ten. Does any other team have walk-ons as almost a third of their top players?

Reactions: FreshCut
Sean miller fan agree about Whitehead.Since it looks like he may go to NFL -although he needs a fourth year since he lost close to ten games due to injuries and suspensions-we need to get as much out of him as possible .With that being said we need to use him on offense more than once or twice a game.based on what we have seen so far he could be our best open field threat running or catching the ball.We need our few playmakers to touch the ball more.

Sean miller fan agree about Whitehead.Since it looks like he may go to NFL -although he needs a fourth year since he lost close to ten games due to injuries and suspensions-we need to get as much out of him as possible .With that being said we need to use him on offense more than once or twice a game.based on what we have seen so far he could be our best open field threat running or catching the ball.We need our few playmakers to touch the ball more.

I will go as far as saying Whitehead needs to play primarily offense. And as selfish as this is, maybe that even persuades him to come back to get his final season at Safety.

1. Whitehead
2. Henderson
3. Aston

I think most would agree with that. So, I've never coached football but if someone gave me a football team and told me to coach it, the first thing I'd do is look at my players and see who my best are so I can put them in positions where they can have the most impact.

Whitehead - For years I've been saying he was being wasted at Strong Safety, the least important position against pass-happy teams. He is an explosive athlete and if he's not playing CB, I'm sorry but he has to play close to full time on offense either at TB or WR. He can help the team score points more than he can lrevent prevent the other team from scoring.

Henderson - isnt even being used on offense for the most part. The kid needs 15 touches per game at an absolute minimum. Put him at TB, let him come out of the backfield on a LB like Barkley. Wildcat QB, whatever. He's the most electric player we've EVER had and he doesn't see the football beyond a few jet sweeps.

Aston - he's back now and although Canada used him very creatively last season, he is too good a football player to play at the low-impact position of FB. Don't tell me the kid wouldn't be a beast at LB. I've seen Pitt start Shane Murray, Anthony Gonzalez, and Austin Ransom in years passed to varying degrees of success. Aston would be a very good LB on a team who lacks quality LBs.

In some ways, Narduzzi's stubbornness reminds me a lot of Dixon's. The "this is what we do" mentality. The team cant score points and your 2 biggest offensive threats never get the football.
If you are asking right now based on this year's production, then Winslow is the clear #1. Whitehead and Aston have not played enough, so scratch them off the list.

If Henderson is our second best player, we are in trouble. well we are in trouble so maybe this is correct. Says a lot about the talent of our team.

Reactions: BFo8
Coaches don't seem willing or able to go outside the box this season, so it's folly to consider any of these ideas at this point. With Whitehead it might even go to the extent that they don't want to "reward" his bad behavior with high profile assignments. Sound crazy maybe, but Pitt definitely goes to emotional extremes in that direction, of course proven by the fact they sacrificed success in our toughest 2 games by suspending him that long in the first place.

Coaches don't seem willing or able to go outside the box this season, so it's folly to consider any of these ideas at this point. With Whitehead it might even go to the extent that they don't want to "reward" his bad behavior with high profile assignments. Sound crazy maybe, but Pitt definitely goes to emotional extremes in that direction, of course proven by the fact they sacrificed success in our toughest 2 games by suspending him that long in the first place.

Forget that, the offense is in shambles. Whitehead and Henderson need the ball. I can't figure out why Henderson cant be a Ryan Switzer in the passing game. I really fear he is going to grad transfer to a team where he will get the ball in space

Forget that, the offense is in shambles. Whitehead and Henderson need the ball. I can't figure out why Henderson cant be a Ryan Switzer in the passing game. I really fear he is going to grad transfer to a team where he will get the ball in space
I'd be happy to implement many of the ideas put forth on these boards. Unfortunately, those actually employed to do so don't agree. :(

1. Whitehead
2. Henderson
3. Aston

1. Whitehead
2. Winslow
3. Idowu

Reactions: FreshCut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT