ADVERTISEMENT

Who is next on board?

Oct 26, 2016
I think that Blake Z and Morgan are ours to keep. Only competition is PSU and they are pushing for Walker and Hardy/Parsons (no way)/Smith. DL Danielson looks to be ours.

We need a few more hosses for the OL and then one strong WR.

Worried about Raines (need to push Quips to Pitt) and hope that Ohio St gets their OL recruits (if not, Kradel could waiver - he is an excellent pick up for Coach).

Coach is getting to point where he will start pulling in solid recruits and build for the future.

I think that Blake Z and Morgan are ours to keep. Only competition is PSU and they are pushing for Walker and Hardy/Parsons (no way)/Smith. DL Danielson looks to be ours.

We need a few more hosses for the OL and then one strong WR.

Worried about Raines (need to push Quips to Pitt) and hope that Ohio St gets their OL recruits (if not, Kradel could waiver - he is an excellent pick up for Coach).

Coach is getting to point where he will start pulling in solid recruits and build for the future.
Who is Morgan?

Would be nice if Patti could convince his teammate TE Matt Alaimo to join him at Pitt.

Really, NJ is just stacked this year. It would be great if Patti and the coaches could get in there and really fill out the class.

I honestly don't even know who the competition is for Raines,psu is about to land another big time S so their out,probably WVU is the only real competition

Well since I posted this, we got 2 recruits to commit. Unfortunately, I hadn't listed either one of them. Let's try this again:

Zubovic
Morgan
Danielson
Banks
Bastida - Unsure
Hooker
At least 3 Florida players - I think they want to keep he pipeline open.

Bleich ?? Unknown who he is leaning towards at this time

I think we miss on Asamoah. Too many teams claiming favorites for him.

I think we miss on Raines. I think he is PedSt bound, unless they get the Philly Safety, then it would be three very good safeties for them, so Raines may decide to stay home and be our #1 safety.

Cole Beck looks pretty interested as well. He is a burner, would be great on jet sweeps and just being a rb, catching out in space.

I will predict he is next. I think Raines will be a Panther as well, and if he is, we would be owning PA this there.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Cole Beck looks pretty interested as well. He is a burner, would be great on jet sweeps and just being a rb, catching out in space.

I will predict he is next. I think Raines will be a Panther as well, and if he is, we would be owning PA this there.
Asamoah and Raines would be huge gets, tons of offers from top programs - as far as "owning PA" unfortunately it's not even close: http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=PA

Reactions: DiehardPanther
How many more can we take?

This is already a very solid class, anything more is a bonus. Of the remaining on the board, who would you say is the most important get for a position of need?

I think the dominos may fall into place in the next couple of weeks with Asamoah. It sounds like his first choices would be either Michigan or PSU, but they have bigger fish on the board at this point. If PSU lands the kid from California then Asamoah is ours. But if the Cali boy spurns the Nits for ND, I think we may lose Asamoah to the Peds. It will be interesting how Michigan's class works itself out, Asamoah might find himself with a committable offer to the Wolverines come December/January.

Do we see Asamoah as an OLB or a Safety in Duzz's defense?

Beck can be an everyday back at Pitt , he has the speed and he can put on a little muscle without slowing down. I will be tailgating with the family once he commits

Beck can be an everyday back at Pitt , he has the speed and he can put on a little muscle without slowing down. I will be tailgating with the family once he commits

I absolutely loved what I saw on this kid's tape. The speed seems obvious. (Anyone know what his forty time is?) When he gets out in the open he pulls away from everyone chasing him. He also cuts well. Makes the first guy miss. Finally, he has a real knack for making tacklers take bad angles and when they do get shots on him, they are glancing shots that he can slip. Granted, it's a highlight reel, but I would really like to land this kid.

Cruzer

I don't follow recruiting, but I'm curious: what's drawing these recruits? There seems to be a buzz about the program.

I know practicing near the Steelers and Narduzzi are draws and that's often mentioned, but is playing against ACC competition - maybe the best conference - having an impact?

I don't follow recruiting, but I'm curious: what's drawing these recruits? There seems to be a buzz about the program.

I know practicing near the Steelers and Narduzzi are draws and that's often mentioned, but is playing against ACC competition - maybe the best conference - having an impact?
Good recruiters?

Isn't there more PSU news today that requires your participation on that board?

There is always PSU news ~ bad news that is.

Many nit fans are like little kids: they take out their anger at seeing PSU be once again publicly embarrassed & humiliated nationally by trying to attack others. They just don't seem to know any better.

This quote from the NCAA says a helluva lot about what they allowed to go on up there for 40 + years. Those nit fans that have remained in denial all this time now have another bitter pill to swallow:

"The Paterno family characterized this case as a 'search for the truth,'" Remy said. "Its decision today, after years of investigation and discovery, to abandon its lawsuit rather than subject those facts to courtroom examination is telling."

So in other words, there are those who now want to perpetuate the cover up and try to hide their own complicity rather than let the $h!t hit the fan through testimony in a court of law since they have evidently come to the realization that their version of the truth has been debunked.

ADVERTISEMENT