ADVERTISEMENT

Who will get a 2019 recruit first?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Capel or Narduzzi?

As someone posted on the football board, Pitt and UCLA are the only 2 P5s without a 2019 commitment. Can Capel land one first?

Arizona State as well just for accuracy sake.

I’m not sure who will get one first, but I would bet a hefty sum Capel has a much higher rated class.

That can’t be right. I could have sworn I read some posts on this very board about how great Arizona State was doing... :D

They are talking ASU football on the basketball board. ASU basketball is doing very well.

That can’t be right. I could have sworn I read some posts on this very board about how great Arizona State was doing... :D

They are talking ASU football on the basketball board. ASU basketball is doing very well.

-In retrospect, it was from the Pac-12 slamming that was going on. Because the Pac sucked in basketball and football this year, their football was the worst ever by a major conference last year. But that is changing fast. 5 Schools got a Top 20 basketball class in 2018, and 5 more are ranked right now in 2019. ASU did get a Top 10 class in 2018. They have a Top 75 guard in 2019, a 5 star guard in 2020, and a 5 star forward in 2021. ASU probably is going to ink a Top 3-5 class in 2020

-The Pac recruited well in football, but still is a mess. UCLA is going to be a force with Chip Kelly. Washington is getting there, and USC is hit or miss. Outside of that, the Pac stinks in football.

-Pac baseball still has title teams. Two of the Top 5 will challenge for the National Title again. They have won 4 of the last 12 titles, and have put a team in the title game 6 of the last 12 years. Will be interesting if Scott Barnes blows up and ruins Oregon State's powerhouse baseball team

I hope it is Capel because it will be a 4 and you know Narduzzi won't pull a 4 until February if he even does at all.

I bet narduzzi and Capel will fill their allotted scholarships by the letter of intent day (2nd one). Never understood why you guys crave early verbals so much. You’d think quality would be more important than how quickly they verbal but not here on the lair.

Reactions: joeydavid
Im not judging anything. Just a little underwhelmed is all because he seems like the coach that should be able to recruit for Pitt . I like his energy and the way he speaks, etc.

Im not judging anything. Just a little underwhelmed is all because he seems like the coach that should be able to recruit for Pitt . I like his energy and the way he speaks, etc.
We all want good recruits, we will get a few in June, just like last year, and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before

Reactions: FireballZ
We all want good recruits, we will get a few in June, just like last year, and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before
That's the point. Not looking for status quo anymore.
Basically all 3 stars that will win us a few games but no special seasons.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I have to say I love Narduzzi as coach, just feel he should be recruiting better but what matters most is what happens on the field. We all know what happens after Pitt runs off good coach's(Wanny/Dixon) that cant get Pitt to the promised land but have good seasons year after year.

Reactions: Elsalvador
I bet narduzzi and Capel will fill their allotted scholarships by the letter of intent day (2nd one). Never understood why you guys crave early verbals so much. You’d think quality would be more important than how quickly they verbal but not here on the lair.

And not to be rude I cannot understand why people like you don’t realize more and more kids verbal early shrinking the pool.

98 ****ing teams have a commitment. We are tied for last.

And not to be rude I cannot understand why people like you don’t realize more and more kids verbal early shrinking the pool.

98 ****ing teams have a commitment. We are tied for last.
So you think there aren’t any good players left? You really think that?

Did I say that?
No. I just think a lot of fans would rather have 2 avg verbals in may over 1 good one in sept. You guys make it a race and we all know every program will end up in same place in February.

Yinz guys’ anger is more of a result of your impatience than it is an indictment on narduzzi’s recruiting.

No. I just think a lot of fans would rather have 2 avg verbals in may over 1 good one in sept. You guys make it a race and we all know every program will end up in same place in February.

Yinz guys’ anger is more of a result of your impatience than it is an indictment on narduzzi’s recruiting.

Who’s angry? What do you want to talk about?

We are last, behind Sam Houston State. It’s relevant

Who’s angry? What do you want to talk about?

We are last, behind Sam Houston State. It’s relevant
Last in what? It’s not a race. We all end up at the finish line in February at the same time.

You guys are weird. We are last? In verbals by may? You are right, in the race titled “ who has most verbsls by late may” we are definitely last.

Last in what? It’s not a race. We all end up at the finish line in February at the same time.

You guys are weird. We are last? In verbals by may? You are right, in the race titled “ who has most verbsls by late may” we are definitely last.

Ya I’m weird... talking about Pitt football recruiting on a Pitt recruiting site.

Holy hell man

Reactions: Swervin27
Ya I’m weird... talking about Pitt football recruiting on a Pitt recruiting site.

Holy hell man
You are not weird, I just think you guys are premature on your angst. That’s all. We can all bitch and moan about recruiting but I think we should at least wait til the recruiting period is 1/2 over.

You are not weird, I just think you guys are premature on your angst. That’s all. We can all bitch and moan about recruiting but I think we should at least wait til the recruiting period is 1/2 over.

Pitt is not recruiting well enough to compete regularly for ACC titles. That’s it. Cut it however you want. I would think you would agree given how outspoken you’ve been abuht not accepting mediocrity.

Pitt is not recruiting well enough to compete regularly for ACC titles. That’s it. Cut it however you want. I would think you would agree given how outspoken you’ve been abuht not accepting mediocrity.
I’m hoping our coaching takes us to that next level. It’s a hope, not a good strategy. Maybe some quality depth on de will be the answer, I don’t know.

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion regarding PN at this point.

Forget the early verbals. They don't mean much. Comparative recruiting with PN and JC, Capel is going after the higher rated guys and will get them. He has already shown results. Narduzzi is a nice guy, but his recruiting so far has been very underwhelming. If he doesn't improve on that end and get Pitt some 4* and 5* guys quickly, and more than one, I just don't see Pitt ever being more than we are right now....a 5 or 6 win team. If we get lucky, we get to 7 wins occasionally. That won't get people to Heinz Field to watch a mediocre team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT