ADVERTISEMENT

Who would take Dayton right now?

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
Again? Play-in-game? Of course we need to win on Thursday regardless. But even with a strong showing against NC (assuming we lose) a play-in for an 11 seed might suit the Panthers well, with an obvious chip on their shoulder, to repeat last year, or maybe even motivate them to the Sweet 16

Again? Play-in-game? Of course we need to win on Thursday regardless. But even with a strong showing against NC (assuming we lose) a play-in for an 11 seed might suit the Panthers well, with an obvious chip on their shoulder, to repeat last year, or maybe even motivate them to the Sweet 16

I'd absolutely take it right now. If we beat Wake, we probably only have a slight chance to avoid Dayton. If we beat UNC, we probably have a really good chance to avoid Dayton.

Pitt vs TCU in Dayton would be so much fun. Also Pitt/SJU.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I'd absolutely take it right now. If we beat Wake, we probably only have a slight chance to avoid Dayton. If we beat UNC, we probably have a really good chance to avoid Dayton.

Pitt vs TCU in Dayton would be so much fun. Also Pitt/SJU.
I suggested Indiana State; if we beat both Wake and NC we're a lock for an at large and no Dayton. We'd have defeated a team who last beat Clemson ( a probable 6 seed ) and UNC ( a probable 2/3 seed )

I suggested Indiana State

After watching them play, they kinda suck but they'd probably travel 8,000 for their 1st NCAAT game in 13 years. Their defense was so bad. Like they had no shot to stop that DeVries kid like he was Kobe or something.

Absolutely. It’s a fair balance between not totally forgetting the early half of season, but acknowledging the recent surge with a we will give you a chance branch….

Well, I for one had a blast last year in Dayton and thought the Pitt fans showed well too. They could get Indy or somewhere close for a regional to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chairman Moe
I mean - unless your an NIT enthusiast- I think everyone would take Dayton in a heartbeat

as opposed to what?

No bid at all
uh, no....no one would want that...Not exactly a King Solomon type decision. A better SMF type supposition would be "would you take Dayton today vs an 8 seed with a win tomorrow but no bid with a loss?" In that case, I'd probably forsake Dayton and roll the dice on tomorrow.

Last edited:
uh, no....no one would want that...Not exactly a King Solomon type decision. A better SMF type supposition would be "would you take Dayton today vs an 8 seed with a win tomorrow but no bid with a loss?" In that case, I'd probably roll the dice on tomorrow.

What if Pitt could skip the Wake game and get a bid to Dayton

Or

Play the Wake game and if you win you skip Dayton and if you beat UNC, you get a 10, and if you win the ACCT, you get a 7? But if you lose to Wake, its NIT

I'd take Dayton right now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT