ADVERTISEMENT

Whoa...what?? Fake News? Safest College Campuses

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
Only 2 schools made the top 100 safest campus lists in the state of Pennsylvania. One was West Chester State. WHOO HOO!

The other............................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................

Your University of Pittsburgh.

No Penn State. None of these rural state schools which are essentially drug and drunk fests.

Pitt.

So parents of you white folks out there scared of the big city....something to think about. Eh?

Only 2 schools made the top 100 safest campus lists in the state of Pennsylvania. One was West Chester State. WHOO HOO!

The other............................................................................................................

No Penn State. None of these rural state schools which are essentially drug and drunk fests.

Pitt.

So parents of you white folks out there scared of the big city....something to think about. Eh?
Hopefully Pitt uses it as a selling point when recruiting potential students.

That is pure awesomeness!!

Penn State alums non-stop talk about Pitt being so dangerous in the city with homeless people on the street occasionally, and all that. This just takes the cake. We are beating them at literally everything this past year... Damn it feels good to be a Panther

Hopefully Pitt uses it as a selling point when recruiting potential students.
Pitt is doing a great job recruiting excellent students. I know the calculators to check the chance of being accepted into certain colleges is subjective, but there is a cool calculator at prepscholar.com. That is a site that helps students raise their ACT/SAT scores. Using their calculator, if you enter the average scores/grades for an incoming freshman at Pitt to check your chances of getting into PSU, you have an 84% chance of being accepted. If you enter the average scores/grades for incoming freshman at PSU in the Pitt calculator, they have a 16% chance of being accepted into Pitt. We are getting really high quality students at Pitt. Now if they just liked sports, we would be set.

Ratings like that are a joke!

The individual determines and makes their environment safe or unsafe!

A wreckless individual could make the safest U a predators dream!

Pitt.

Since you provided no link, here's one from this year. Any differences?

https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/safest-colleges/s/pennsylvania/

Pitt.

wow, Pitt has attained #98 status in some non comprehensive survey by the major organization known as alarm.org....yeah!

Pitt is doing a great job recruiting excellent students. I know the calculators to check the chance of being accepted into certain colleges is subjective, but there is a cool calculator at prepscholar.com. That is a site that helps students raise their ACT/SAT scores. Using their calculator, if you enter the average scores/grades for an incoming freshman at Pitt to check your chances of getting into PSU, you have an 84% chance of being accepted. If you enter the average scores/grades for incoming freshman at PSU in the Pitt calculator, they have a 16% chance of being accepted into Pitt. We are getting really high quality students at Pitt. Now if they just liked sports, we would be set.

Wow.

Penn State alums non-stop talk about Pitt being so dangerous in the city with homeless people on the street occasionally, and all that. This just takes the cake. We are beating them at literally everything this past year... Damn it feels good to be a Panther

All you have to do is watch the news to know which campus is more safe. Pitt by a mile, I lived at Pitt 4 years and didn't even know a person that a crime was committed against

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I didn't look at the methodology but is it possible that they're only looking at campus police stats? When I was in Oakland way back in the day, the city cops handled a lot of the bigger incidents even though it was technically on campus.

Their methodology explains it all. "Those who did not respond were not listed". Telling. Also "Hopes & Worries Survey". Sick with the DOE stats from 2017, much more extensive.

PSU guy lecturing on "reporting". And the Auditor General just ripped PSU for not even doing the bare minimum even now.

Thank you. I needed a good laugh today.

All you have to do is watch the news to know which campus is more safe. Pitt by a mile, I lived at Pitt 4 years and didn't even know a person that a crime was committed against

I knew of 2:

- guy broke in my friend's house in South Oakland and stole his wallet. Everyone was sleeping so there was no confrontation. They caught him.

- friend visiting from Penn State, some guu ripped the chain off his neck and made off with it. It was like a dollar store fake chain. They caught him too.

I think Pitt probably has more petty crime like this than rural campuses. I would guess violent crime is about the same. Pitt has about 0 violent crime.

-

Their methodology explains it all. "Those who did not respond were not listed". Telling. Also "Hopes & Worries Survey". Stick with the DOE stats from 2017, much more extensive.

You guys take child rape and murder to a whole new level. And both crimes continue at the PissU campus in spite of warnings, sanctions, and the embarrassment of the convictions. PissU shouldn't even be listed anywhere in these stats, if the studies were objective.

This isn't a surprise at all.....

Country atmosphere today equals opioids

ADVERTISEMENT