ADVERTISEMENT

Why almost a sellout?

MorningCoffee13

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2023
If you told me before the season that Pitt will be playing at home in February against a mid level ACC team in Va Tech after getting spanked by Wake on Tuesday, I would have guessed an 8000 attendance at best.

I mean, this board has been dead for last few days.

Why such high interest? Almost seems an anomaly for that specific game.

Didn't hurt that the marketing geniuses at Pitt offered some nice ticket deals the last two Saturday games. Sorry, but our tickets are normally priced way too high. I have two season tickets, so it doesn't affect me, just the fan who may be looking to "get to a game or two" throughout the year.

Yeah, I was surprised. Especially because someone mentioned a bunch of tickets being available either the day before or the morning of.

5:30 isn't a bad time for a game, though, and the weather was decent.

Still don't think one game justifies the size of the Pete, though.

The size of the Pitt is perfect and the last few home games have been averaging over 10,000 people. Pitt starts winning consistently he will be packed again.

Reactions: Saboteur II
The size of the Pitt is perfect and the last few home games have been averaging over 10,000 people. Pitt starts winning consistently he will be packed again.
Agree. Especially when it’s taken into consideration that at least a couple thousand are student tickets.

Win and the fans will come. It’s a great place to watch a game. Particularly when the place is rocking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT