ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Pitt so terrible in rain?

kma0043

Junior
Nov 30, 2014
I’m thinking of some Pitt’s worst performances and many were rain events:
2018 Psu, I think those bad losses to Miami and BC were in muddy conditions, 18 champ game vs Clemson, ‘19 @ VT, last night. There might be more idk but it’s strange how terrible they are in rain.

The won at Virginia a few years back in the rain. It didn’t really rain for much of the game last night.

I’m thinking of some Pitt’s worst performances and many were rain events:
2018 Psu, I think those bad losses to Miami and BC were in muddy conditions, 18 champ game vs Clemson, ‘19 @ VT, last night. There might be more idk but it’s strange how terrible they are in rain.
Holy cow have you already forgotten the UNC game last year when the football Gods allowed a deluge in OT??????

Reactions: kma0043
The rain has nothing to do with it, Pitt is Pitt, and will always be Pitt, expect the worse and hope for the best

I did forget that. All I’ve thinking of is doom and gloom with that loss last night.
I completely understand the doom and gloom. I think Narduzzi is a vampire and since it is October he found a way to suck all of the good will from fandom last night.

Reactions: kma0043
That Akron game in 2015 was a mess too, I mean yeah it was Akron… but in the spirit of losing these games as double digit favorites, can never take a win for granted.

You know another thing that sucks, and I don’t want to open up this can of worms with a new thread, but a lot of these bad losses lately have also been at home. At least we still have road winning streak going, though I’ll bet UNC will snap that if Louisville doesn’t.

A serious question what did you think of last year?
It was a good year, no doubt acc champs 11 wins, but, they lost 2 games including, the loss to w Michigan kept them out of possibly a playoff birth, I’ve been following Pitt over the last 50+ years, 1 good year doesn’t get them to the next level, and because of last year no one compares them to Alabama or Georgia, they played 5 games so far this year and they already lost 2 games they should have won, yes they should have beaten Tennessee too, Pitt was the better team, they just can’t get over that hump, they will always be Pitt, I want to see wins and championships, but???? I’ve waited a long time since 1976

It was a good year, no doubt acc champs 11 wins, but, they lost 2 games including, the loss to w Michigan kept them out of possibly a playoff birth, I’ve been following Pitt over the last 50+ years, 1 good year doesn’t get them to the next level, and because of last year no one compares them to Alabama or Georgia, they played 5 games so far this year and they already lost 2 games they should have won, yes they should have beaten Tennessee too, Pitt was the better team, they just can’t get over that hump, they will always be Pitt, I want to see wins and championships, but???? I’ve waited a long time since 1976
So you are saying you didn’t enjoy the Marino years? I mean come on give them a break. Danny’s first three years, last year, and some Wanny years have been enjoyable. There about two or three schools that look back over the last 50 years and say that they were almost near perfect. There are a lot of schools that have not come close to what Pitt has done.

If Pitt will always be Pitt. Michigan will always be Michigan. UCLA will always be UCLA.

I remember that Marino used to suck in any kind of inclement weather. It continued to his NFL career. He literally was one of the worst starting QB's in history in rainy conditions.

I know you guys never like to hear from Penn Staters but....

No matter the coaching, I've always thought bad weather to be "the great equalizer".

Bad weather is always going to impact the faster and more talented team more. That was you guys yesterday. You hope you're talented enough to overcome it, but sometimes that isn't the case and it's not necessarily the coaches or players fault. It's just the laws of physics- the rain brings the fast guy down to the slow guys level.

It's why I hate bad weather games.

Peace....

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
Holy cow have you already forgotten the UNC game last year when the football Gods allowed a deluge in OT??????
But…..the real deluge didn’t start until after Pitt scored in OT and UNC got the ball.

The football gods truly smiled on Pitt that night. It was on par with the scene in “The Ten Commandments” movie, when God unleashed the Red Sea on the Egyptians. 😂

But…..the real deluge didn’t start until after Pitt scored in OT and UNC got the ball.

The football gods truly smiled on Pitt that night. It was on par with the scene in “The Ten Commandments” movie, when God unleashed the Red Sea on the Egyptians. 😂
They still had to defend. Lol

I know you guys never like to hear from Penn Staters but....

No matter the coaching, I've always thought bad weather to be "the great equalizer".

Bad weather is always going to impact the faster and more talented team more. That was you guys yesterday. You hope you're talented enough to overcome it, but sometimes that isn't the case and it's not necessarily the coaches or players fault. It's just the laws of physics- the rain brings the fast guy down to the slow guys level.

It's why I hate bad weather games.

Peace....
I agree. I know a coach who also referred to a rainy day as “the great equalizer“ for all of the reasons you listed. But he felt that the team with the ball had a slight advantage, because the guys with the ball knew in advance which direction they were going on the wet/muddy field, which was better than having to watch-and-react to their movements.

Reactions: PSU87
So you are saying you didn’t enjoy the Marino years? I mean come on give them a break. Danny’s first three years, last year, and some Wanny years have been enjoyable. There about two or three schools that look back over the last 50 years and say that they were almost near perfect. There are a lot of schools that have not come close to what Pitt has done.

If Pitt will always be Pitt. Michigan will always be Michigan. UCLA will always be UCLA.
Sure, the Marino years were great,, but they lost a game or 2 that they shouldn’t have, I want to see Pitt win national championships, I myself, I’m running out of years, I don’t have another 50 yrs to wait and watch and keep hoping, and I really don’t care if Michigan or ucla win anything, if you want to bring in other teams, do you see Alabama or georgia lose to teams they should beat by 3 tds? not at all

Sure, the Marino years were great,, but they lost a game or 2 that they shouldn’t have, I want to see Pitt win national championships, I myself, I’m running out of years, I don’t have another 50 yrs to wait and watch and keep hoping, and I really don’t care if Michigan or ucla win anything, if you want to bring in other teams, do you see Alabama or georgia lose to teams they should beat by 3 tds? not at all
Every fan wants to see their team win a national title, but there are only about 20 teams that have a legit chance. I hope you soaked in last year because that was about as good as it will get.

You have a point on Bama and Georgia. It is a shame that Pitt cannot do that in spite of the one million dollars each of its fans donates each year. You would think with that influx of cash they would win out every year.

Every fan wants to see their team win a national title, but there are only about 20 teams that have a legit chance. I hope you soaked in last year because that was about as good as it will get.
Yep, last year was as good as it will ever be!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT