ADVERTISEMENT

Why not us??

whirlybird optio

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
Look, it happens every year. A team from out of the clouds makes a huge run, finishes in the top 5-7 of the league, without any preseason hype.

The teams that make those leaps generally have a few things in common: depth, newcomers, luck. We haven’t had much of the 3rd lately, but all of a sudden we look like a team with depth and talented newcomers.

Pitt is exactly the type of team that sometimes, halfway through the year, people are like…how did they get Cummings and Hinson? Or, no wonder Pitt is good, I think the average age of Pitt’s backcourt is 45 - these are all old dudes.

It’s one game in - but I don’t care. We’ve got the crafty pass first PG Capel has wanted for so long. We have upgraded the Horton spot with Elliot. Burton and Nike are both old guards who know how to get a bucket if you need one.

We somehow have 3!! Promising young developmental bigs in the pipeline, maybe a 4th if Jeffers can figure it out.

And, we have a legit couple of stars at the 4-5.

The pieces are there. Given that we will lose 4 guards next year - this is the year for Capel. The goal is the NCAA tournament. Period. And I can’t believe I’m saying this - but I think we have a shot.

I think we beat WVU and give Michigan all they can handle.

(And to top it off…Dior seems better than 50/50 to be back in the next month).

we will see, but you have to be optimistic now. And with the class coming in - it just needs to work out. I don’t want another coaching change. I want to win this year, and then reload the guards and have young guards with an old frontcourt next year (little bit of a reverse from this one).

H2P

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News