ADVERTISEMENT

Will 2 or 3 Loss Team Take the Coastal ?

WishfulPanther

Walk-on
Nov 6, 2021
If so Pitt is still in the mix if they somehow fix this thing. UNC is not dominant and Ga Tech and Duke will likely lose again.

But we're going to lose at least 2 more games the rest of the year while UNC and Duke probably won't. Whoever wins the Coastal, I don't care who it is, will be a mediocre team at best.

Reactions: mike 301
The point I want to make is they could make a run for the coastal and lose it at the end.. Then they will kick themselves for blowing GA tech and Lville games... I pick they pull of an upset against either UNC or Cuse at least.

Reactions: DanMarinoFan1970
We are not winning the coastal . In every remaining game the other team wil have the better QB
I'd go as far as to say that every opponents backup QB is better than our starter. We are witnessing ineptitude that hasn't been seen since Pat Bostick was under center

Well a major IF of course, IF they somehow upset UNC in a flukey way. They are actually back in the race as they are then only 1 game behind first place UNC and have head to head. This is a big if of course!!

I think at this point we should all be happy just making a bowl game. Too many injuries and an offensive game plan and coordinator too stubborn to change his game plan to the talent they have. I really think Narduzzi's not elevating someone to continue last year's system and just implement more early running pays was a huge disaster. Everything you switch the whole system its like starting all over again. It's terrible.

We can’t lose another to really have a shot.When tiebreakers come into play we probably lose those.Best scenario now is to win out. Or at least win a couple more to become bowl eligible.
Well a major IF of course, IF they somehow upset UNC in a flukey way. They are actually back in the race as they are then only 1 game behind first place UNC and have head to head. This is a big if of co

Reactions: WishfulPanther
Well a major IF of course, IF they somehow upset UNC in a flukey way. They are actually back in the race as they are then only 1 game behind first place UNC and have head to head. This is a big if of course!!

And if crystal meth weren't so readily available, there would be no posts about even the slightest possibility of this team winning its division.

I think at this point we should all be happy just making a bowl game. Too many injuries and an offensive game plan and coordinator too stubborn to change his game plan to the talent they have. I really think Narduzzi's not elevating someone to continue last year's system and just implement more early running pays was a huge disaster. Everything you switch the whole system its like starting all over again. It's terrible.
Why should that make us happy? I had and have higher expectations myself. 5 million a year he should as well

Come on guys, As much as people crap on Narduzzi on this board, he doesn't let his teams just tank a season like that. They got some wins to come and will fight or at least knock someone else off of winning the coastal !

Come on guys, As much as people crap on Narduzzi on this board, he doesn't let his teams just tank a season like that. They got some wins to come and will fight or at least knock someone else off of winning the coastal !
To be fair, his teams do have a history of rebounding well after some rough games. Unfortunately we can no longer cite the Western Michigan thing from last year though seeing as we’ve already surpassed the regular season loss total from last season, but this team wasn’t going to be that good anyway. And the hole may get deeper after next week.

This team feels like it has at least 2 more losses in them and to me 7-5 is starting to feel about right.

To be fair, his teams do have a history of rebounding well after some rough games. Unfortunately we can no longer cite the Western Michigan thing from last year though seeing as we’ve already surpassed the regular season loss total from last season, but this team wasn’t going to be that good anyway. And the hole may get deeper after next week.

This team feels like it has at least 2 more losses in them and to me 7-5 is starting to feel about right.
3 wins coming where ?

What makes this different, in my opinion, is this is not some young team with no expectations. This team tasted blood last season and came with plenty of expectations. When you have those and don't meet them, that's when things start to get ugly. It's basically why teams like Texas and Miami can lose to teams with 1/4th as much talent over the years. Guys just quit; things brew behind the scenes; and the program becomes toxic.

Can't say for sure we are there, but there have been a few signs of it being a possibility.

Reactions: str61166
3 wins coming where ?
Yeah I figured this response from a pessimist was gonna come, I thought about adding a note on that. I agree even 3 wins won’t be easy and this team has been a massive disappointment, but I still (maybe stubbornly) refuse to believe they’re this bad and will finish with less than 7 wins.

Really most of the other teams remaining on the schedule have flaws too.

Yeah I figured this response from a pessimist was gonna come, I thought about adding a note on that. I agree even 3 wins won’t be easy and this team has been a massive disappointment, but I still (maybe stubbornly) refuse to believe they’re this bad and will finish with less than 7 wins.

Really most of the other teams remaining on the schedule have flaws too.
Duke maybe Cuse probably no Miami NO North Carolina probably no

not a pessimist a realist be lucky very lucky to go 6-6. 5 million a year doesn’t get you much these days

With the teams we have yet to play, and our current O-line/ quarterback situation I think 4-8 seems about right. We will not win a single game against these teams. They can all score points and have 2 dimensional offenses. We will not be able to count on running them over with Izzy, while hanging the defense out to dry. We have become a mess. This team will be facing 8 and 9 man boxes the rest of the season, as no team will have any respect for our non-existent passing game.

Why should that make us happy? I had and have higher expectations myself. 5 million a year he should as well
Absolutely. This season was different. Narduzzi cashed in on those expectations, remember. He didn’t tell HL, “oh, no, that contract extension is way too generous, we are going to revert back to a .500 team.” Likewise, HL didn’t turn down bigger donations and ticket sales. This season needed to at least approximate last season. It has become 2017. He is not delivering his end of the deal.

Last edited:

UNC isnt a great team either, we could easily win that game. Losing Warren is a big loss, we need to adapt and figure out how to move the ball without him

If so Pitt is still in the mix if they somehow fix this thing. UNC is not dominant and Ga Tech and Duke will likely lose again.
Coastal is mediocre for sure this year. I thought Miami would easily take it they have the best group but have really underperformed

Pitt was better than Louisville. They had 4 turnovers and a shit ton of penalties. Fumbles and picks in the RedZone. That game should have been over at the half.
Losing by 2 touchdowns says different. As for penalties that's typical of a Narduzzi coached team due to lack of discipline.

ADVERTISEMENT