ADVERTISEMENT

Will Baron Trump be our #9 in 2026

He’s been with DC for awhile. I’ve got a family member who was with DC United and they often crossed paths during training.

Showing a great 1st touch with DC United U17s

Haha. That looks like their fields that are laid on top of RFK’s parking lots. I’ve been to plenty of games there. But he doesn’t look like he moves very well. Looks slow.

Imagine him being on our MNT. You’d have goofy Americans rooting for Iran to beat us and have major media outlets refuse to cover the team. Just like Melania, who showed the most class, intelligence, grace and beauty than any First Lady since Onassis, barely ever was put on the cover of any magazine. All because of a weird hatred for Donald.

Haha. That looks like their fields that are laid on top of RFK’s parking lots. I’ve been to plenty of games there. But he doesn’t look like he moves very well. Looks slow.

Imagine him being on our MNT. You’d have goofy Americans rooting for Iran to beat us and have major media outlets refuse to cover the team. Just like Melania, who showed the most class, intelligence, grace and beauty than any First Lady since Onassis, barely ever was put on the cover of any magazine. All because of a weird hatred for Donald.

Apparently, he is 6'7 so that could explain the way he moves but yea, I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't look very athletic and I'm sure he is only on that team due to his name but still, if he is able to keep up with "real" players, that's impressive. Good for him.

I'll tell you what would he funny: if he plays for Slovenia.

As for Americans rooting against him, I'd doubt that. The soccer community is pretty welcoming. I'd actually like to see him go far. Would be a cool thing to see. Maybe we can get Jay Vidovich this tape. Put him up top with Feitosa and Sahmkow on the wings?

I have to laugh but that is the most stereotypical “American youth soccer” clip one could make.

*preface: I say this 100% apolitically.*

A rich white kid with every advantage in the world who stands out as tall for his age (playing striker because why not) for a club he probably has no business being on. I could walk around RFK pre-match with a blindfold on and find 10 Hispanic kids his same age with 5x the skill.

Now, if that clip was him playing center back and heading a contest cross into the box. I’d be all about it and excited about our next USMNT star. Ha.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I have to laugh but that is the most stereotypical “American youth soccer” clip one could make.

A rich white kid with every advantage in the world who stands out as tall for his age (playing striker because why not) for a club he probably has no business being on. I could walk around RFK pre-match with a blindfold on and find 10 Hispanic kids his same age with 5x the skill.

Now, if that clip was him playing center back and heading a contest cross into the box. I’d be all about it and excited about our next USMNT star. Ha.

I mean, yea, he isnt DC United academy quality but to his credit, that was a nice 1st touch and layoff.

Actually no, not stereotypical as most American players have a shitty first touch.

• Haha
Reactions: zookeeper2000
I mean, yea, he isnt DC United academy quality but to his credit, that was a nice 1st touch and layoff.
I’ll compromise. Any 16 year old male travel player should have trapped that ball similarly. However, I was not expecting Barron Trump to be able to do that

Reality is, the kid is too tall to play high level soccer unless he’s a goalie. That height is just not running around quickly with great agility. Center of gravity is just too high which doesn’t translate as well.

I’m just glad your evaluation of soccer players is 1000% better than this.

Id like to see the entire game to see how long he played, how many touches he had, what the completion was like, etc etc. one 3 second clip shows one good touch and dish off, but his teammates first touch was horrible. His teammates first touch looked like a middle schoolers touch and not someone potentially plying for DC United Academy.
Peter Crouch was an exception at his height.

Id like to see the entire game to see how long he played, how many touches he had, what the completion was like, etc etc. one 3 second clip shows one good touch and dish off, but his teammates first touch was horrible. His teammates first touch looked like a middle schoolers touch and not someone potentially plying for DC United Academy.
Peter Crouch was an exception at his height.

I think that clip was him playing for Arlington, which is a pretty good club but has different levels. He would he living in Palm Beach now though so he probably plays for a club down there.

Reality is, the kid is too tall to play high level soccer unless he’s a goalie. That height is just not running around quickly with great agility. Center of gravity is just too high which doesn’t translate as well.
With any coordination, he could be a match-up nightmare on set pieces in and around the box. I’m not saying that he‘s got professional potential, but I recall several players in the World Cup who were unusually tall and were considered to be offensive threats.

As an aside, does anyone know whether Baron’s done growing yet?

With any coordination, he could be a match-up nightmare on set pieces in and around the box. I’m not saying that he‘s got professional potential, but I recall several players in the World Cup who were unusually tall and were considered to be offensive threats.

The players who are tall in World Cup aren’t Baron tall except Netherlands goalie. And he’s a goalie who often are the tallest aside from maybe a center back. Baron was playing what appears to be up top would be quite the exception. Crouch was a good player but truly a rarity with height like that. Baron should have learned to use his hands and tried basketball.

Tall and uncoordinated…he should switch to hoops. He will go further.

From that quick video, he looks to have the athleticsm of a D3 player or not even. If he really loves soccer though, I wonder if he could get a spot in the Slovenian league since he is a citizen there.

He should be a basketball player. Call him the trump tower, and his dad can proclaim him the tallest player ever.

I feel so sorry for that poor kid.
Why feel sorry for him? He’s probably having a great time and loves playing soccer. He might be a bit awkward with his height but he’s been playing with DC for several years. My nephew ran into him all the time at trainings and even chatted with him about soccer.

Why feel sorry for him? He’s probably having a great time and loves playing soccer. He might be a bit awkward with his height but he’s been playing with DC for several years. My nephew ran into him all the time at trainings and even chatted with him about soccer.
It has nothing to do with soccer.

It has nothing to do with soccer.
I often wonder what kind of father Donald is to him. If I had to guess, I’d say not much. But what do I know. I’ve had people tell me that when the cameras are turned off, Donald is an incredibly endearing man. Something tells me the kid probably doesn’t need our sympathy. If Dons an absent father, plenty of us have grown up the same way. Baron will likely be ok.

ADVERTISEMENT