ADVERTISEMENT

Will Casto Get Bumped from Lineup Against WVU?

Anyone going up to the duel? I actually coach wrestling in WV and coached Carman from WV at 184. Looking at the matchups, this could be tight. Peyton Hall is really good, cardinale is really good, and they have some other solid wrestlers, Including Anthony. I told him I’ll be rooting for Pitt in 9 of 10 bouts lol.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
I’m hoping they change the time of the match. As much as I’d like to go, it’s the same time as the Steelers/browns game with a potential playoff birth on the line for the Steelers.

Reactions: Chaos and Ryno53
I’m hoping they change the time of the match. As much as I’d like to go, it’s the same time as the Steelers/browns game with a potential playoff birth on the line for the Steelers.
scheduling a pitt sporting events the same time as a steelers game just seems like poor planning

scheduling a pitt sporting events the same time as a steelers game just seems like poor planning
I'm not sure when Pitt scheduled the time, but the NFL just announced day/time of this game Monday or Tuesday. All season it was listed as Jan 7 or Jan 8, time TBD until this week. Pitt could have changed it once it was announced, but it's probably too late now.

I'm with you guys on this one. I was really hoping the time would be changed. I know a D-I school doesn't want to look like it's changing on a whim, but WVU is so close, it wouldn't affect travel much. Plus, most of WVU's fans are Steelers fans as well.
I imagine it will have a huge impact on the crowd.

Reactions: Chaos
Anyone going up to the duel? I actually coach wrestling in WV and coached Carman from WV at 184. Looking at the matchups, this could be tight. Peyton Hall is really good, cardinale is really good, and they have some other solid wrestlers, Including Anthony. I told him I’ll be rooting for Pitt in 9 of 10 bouts lol.
I will be there as always. Sitting matside for season ticket holders.

Reactions: Eric_Knopsnyder
I'm with you guys on this one. I was really hoping the time would be changed. I know a D-I school doesn't want to look like it's changing on a whim, but WVU is so close, it wouldn't affect travel much. Plus, most of WVU's fans are Steelers fans as well.
I imagine it will have a huge impact on the crowd.
I had tickets and gave them away because of start time

Reactions: Eric_Knopsnyder
It is of zero surprise that Casto's struggles are weight related. He exhibits ALL of the symptoms
I'm revisiting this thread about Casto because after watching him wrestle this season, I wonder how in the heck he did so respectfully at nationals last year. What are the weight-related symptoms that you reference?(I'm not a lifelong wrestling fan-just started to follow Pitt a few years ago.) He just seems to have no plan when he goes out onto the mat, or doesn't stick to the plan.

I'm revisiting this thread about Casto because after watching him wrestle this season, I wonder how in the heck he did so respectfully at nationals last year. What are the weight-related symptoms that you reference?(I'm not a lifelong wrestling fan-just started to follow Pitt a few years ago.) He just seems to have no plan when he goes out onto the mat, or doesn't stick to the plan.
He hasn't been strong this year, but we didn't learn anything new last night; most expected him to give up 6 to Andonian, and he gave up 4. Andonian teched Ed Scott last week who is much better than Cheez.

At NCAAs last year, he upset an injured AOC (who came back to AA) in overtime, beat Connor Brady (28 seed) in overtime, and pinned Jake Keating (good, but wrestles some wild matches).

Casto is fine, he's good enough to qualify for NCAAs but probably needed a very specific draw (like the one he got) to get close to placing. He's a one-year rental like Cleary, just way more exciting.

Id have to go back and watch his early matches to remember what I saw. I wouldnt say that the weight issue has been apparent since he was put back into the lineup though. It seems now that his confidence is shot since he got pinned at Columbia after being up 14-1

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT