ADVERTISEMENT

Without Loeffelsend...

This team is UAB

This team is too reliant on him. Seems like he has a hand in every goal they score. I would say without him, we are maybe a Top 15ish team not not the best or Top 5.

I have been concerned about Pitt's offense all year. They don't take a lot of shots. They pass it around the back looking for creases in the defense and once in a while score a goal from a multi-pass combo which looks "beautiful." Or Loefflesand takes it down the right beats his man and sends in a cross. Without Loefflesand, Pitt is stuck relying on "beautiful" goals. Even against UNC, we were up 4-0 but on like 4-5 shots. We just arent getting enough quality shots.

I hate to say it, but one player being out, especially a back, is not the difference between Pitt being Alabama and Pitt being UAB. If ever there was an example of your claim being profoundly flawed, this is it. Alabama would have 2 loffelsands backing him up. But Alabama would also have 2 Gyasi Zardes’ pumping in millions of goals and not dependent on their backs.

I hate to say it, but one player being out, especially a back, is not the difference between Pitt being Alabama and Pitt being UAB. If ever there was an example of your claim being profoundly flawed, this is it. Alabama would have 2 loffelsands backing him up. But Alabama would also have 2 Gyasi Zardes’ pumping in millions of goals and not dependent on their backs.

I don't know what Pitt is doing. You are right they shouldn't be that reliant on an outside back but they are. Like I said, everything goes through him. Without him, they need to rely on some beautiful pass combination to create a goal and that's not easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT