ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer Wins Again!

Glad they won; but, were the opponents quality teams? Or, far below ACC level opponents?

Ohio was a middle of the pack MAC team last year. Their second game was yesterday against Robert Morris and they beat them 1-0 in overtime. Robert Morris is not good.

Morehead State won 3 games last season. They did beat Akron in the game they played before they played us. Unlike the Akron men, the Akron women are not good.

In other words, far below ACC level opponents.

Ohio was a middle of the pack MAC team last year. Their second game was yesterday against Robert Morris and they beat them 1-0 in overtime. Robert Morris is not good.

Morehead State won 3 games last season. They did beat Akron in the game they played before they played us. Unlike the Akron men, the Akron women are not good.

In other words, far below ACC level opponents.
Far below ACC opponents, but not far below Pitt. Those teams are at a similar level as Pitt based on where the previous staff had/has this roster. But Coach Waldrum and these ladies are winning these games. Unlike past seasons. These wins aren’t to be dismissed. It’s a definite step in the right direction. Waldrum expects to win these games and the players likely do too.

Last edited:
Well right, WE'VE been far below ACC opponents for a long time. It's good to win these games, but it isn't nearly the same as beating North Carolina or Duke.
And they won’t beat those teams. Coach Waldrum is saying all the right things. I don’t know what he’s telling his team, but I know first hand that he was telling recruits that they expect to compete for an NCAA birth THIS year. But what’s a coach supposed to say, right? We all know that ACC play is going to be rough. But stranger things have happened. I believe in Head Coach Waldrum and Ben Waldrum. But it will take a bit of time.

With all the talent coach Waldrum has been recruiting, I think they have a shot at a .500 record this year, and maybe a .500 conference record next year. It’s mostly freshman and sophomores that get the PT now, so they should be getting better over the season.

ADVERTISEMENT