ADVERTISEMENT

Work On Wednesday

PhPanther1

Sophomore
Apr 16, 2016
is it worth going to work next wednesday? Do any of you take off to watch ESPN and put all focus on signing day?

I'm thinking about it, but not sure if it's worth it.

Aren't most of the signings announced in the am? Did Pitt have many signings announced after 10 am last year.

That being said I work from home so I watch pretty much any relevant sporting event.

I suppose you have plenty of time on your hands when you're not at sea.

Lol, true.

Honestly working from home full time sucks but watching sports is one of the perks. March Madness and Pirates day games are my favorite working days of the year.

Just come to the signing party at Heinz wed. night. Its great to be able to personaly interact with the coaches and see their analysis of each recruit.

Reactions: ncpittfan
Just come to the signing party at Heinz wed. night. Its great to be able to personaly interact with the coaches and see their analysis of each recruit.

I think I might this year finally, but it appears as if a couple Pitt targets will decide signing day or later. Work sucks, it's a good excuse.

is it worth going to work next wednesday? Do any of you take off to watch ESPN and put all focus on signing day?

90% of the espn coverage will be on: Alabama, Ohio St., Clemson and Michigan and a handful of other schools. Don't waste your time....

I DVR'd ESPNU the entire day and fast forwarded it. They honestly did not talk about Pitt one time THE WHOLE DAY.

It might be good once ACCN launches and they evenly cover the schools.

Best sports days of the year, IMHO. First 2 rounds...and Dayton isn't a round.
Yep--I take both that first Thurs and Fri off every year and post up at a good sports bar with a bunch of buddies, it's a 20 year tradition and a national holiday.

Reactions: 88Pitt88
Yep--I take both that first Thurs and Fri off every year and post up at a good sports bar with a bunch of buddies, it's a 20 year tradition and a national holiday.
Rooting for Cinderella.

Go to work. The very few surprises will be fully covered by the lair.

Reactions: Piranha
i don't see why somebody would take a day off for this

what do you think you'll be missing? is it really that exciting to see some kid have a press conference and "shockingly" choose LSU over alabama

i don't see why somebody would take a day off for this

what do you think you'll be missing? is it really that exciting to see some kid have a press conference and "shockingly" choose LSU over alabama

I like recruiting just as much as the actual games. I guess you don't.

I like to hear in depth analysis on players from across the country so when I watch games I can look back at the players and see how they turned out. Gameday won't be the first time i heard about a kid.

90% of the espn coverage will be on: Alabama, Ohio St., Clemson and Michigan and a handful of other schools. Don't waste your time....
^^^This^^^. I watched it last year, and all that it did was bum me out. They seem to focus on the Top Ten schools, and whom they've signed.

I recall their feature on Clemson last year, and it was ridiculous: they have a bunch of students (maybe a "work-study" program?) who are assigned to a newly built recruiting wing of complex. All these students do is to maintain contact with recruits via letters and other methods - making it look as though the coaches are the ones who are so involved. I thought that Pitt was living in the Stone Age when I saw this Unit in action. :(

I like recruiting just as much as the actual games. I guess you don't.

I like to hear in depth analysis on players from across the country so when I watch games I can look back at the players and see how they turned out. Gameday won't be the first time i heard about a kid.

why do you like recruiting as much as the games? most of these kids will never he heard from again and it's pretty much the same power house schools with the highest ranked classes each year

in depth analysis? isn't that already on the internet? what will the "experts" on tv say about paris ford that hasn't already been said on the rivals or any other scouting site?

Reactions: _fugazi_
why do you like recruiting as much as the games? most of these kids will never he heard from again and it's pretty much the same power house schools with the highest ranked classes each year

in depth analysis? isn't that already on the internet? what will the "experts" on tv say about paris ford that hasn't already been said on the rivals or any other scouting site?

Recruiting represents the perception your school has gained from the kids growing up. The fact that you go 8-4 to me doesn't mean anything if you can't pull a good recruiting class. The high school kids are what is going to make or break your football program. If you can't sell them on your program, forget about it. College football is all about perception and "rankings"....whether they be recruting rankings or the polls. Recruiting represents years worth of work...the games....meh, only like half of the games are exciting.

And I don't follow other programs recruiting like I do Pitt. I follow Pitt and WPIAL recruiting heavily. When I watch other non-Pitt games, I like to have an idea on who the kids are, when I hear a name, was he somebody Pitt offered, was he somebody who a ranking had high or not. Guess you don't. No biggie.

i like recruiting too, that's part of the reason i'm here

i just don't like it enough to call off work LOL

^^^This^^^. I watched it last year, and all that it did was bum me out. They seem to focus on the Top Ten schools, and whom they've signed.

I recall their feature on Clemson last year, and it was ridiculous: they have a bunch of students (maybe a "work-study" program?) who are assigned to a newly built recruiting wing of complex. All these students do is to maintain contact with recruits via letters and other methods - making it look as though the coaches are the ones who are so involved. I thought that Pitt was living in the Stone Age when I saw this Unit in action. :(
They may have won that sparkly trophy with such misguided priorities, but do they have our world renowned Philosophy program?

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
i like recruiting too, that's part of the reason i'm here

i just don't like it enough to call off work LOL

I have 5+ weeks of vacation this year, i'll be ok with using 1 day.

I started out heavily following scout recruiting via free board about 13 years ago. I then switched to 247 who imo covers recruiting the best of all the boards. I actually was a pay member there, as the ability to read other teams premium articles etc was well worth the $$. Here...I don't know what to think of the premium board. I think I read somewhere a while back that Peak doesn't make "predictions" and I personally don't like that. I see these guys as the "experts" who actually get to talk to the kid...why can't they give a gut call on where the kid will go. Also, I like to follow more than Pitt recruiting, so not having other board access to premium info seems weak. Keep up with the competition.

I'm taking off. Oh wait I haven't worked in over 2 years, I guess I'll be off tomorrow again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT