ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup Roster Leaks and Release

121rum

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2019
The US roster officially releases tomorrow, but apparently they told the players monday who was on it to prevent reaction videos like the Brazilian players were doing. I assume that's where the leaks are coming from. I've seen that the 4 cb's are Ream, Zimm, Long and CCV. I've also seen that scally and Tillman are confirmed, and Arriola isn't on it. Very exciting times, the World Cup is here!

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The US roster officially releases tomorrow, but apparently they told the players monday who was on it to prevent reaction videos like the Brazilian players were doing. I assume that's where the leaks are coming from. I've seen that the 4 cb's are Ream, Zimm, Long and CCV. I've also seen that scally and Tillman are confirmed, and Arriola isn't on it. Very exciting times, the World Cup is here!
Hmmm. I heard Ream made it. But I figured it was at Long’s expense. Btw, those reaction videos yesterday were awesome. Why would they want to prevent those?

Hmmm. I heard Ream made it. But I figured it was at Long’s expense. Btw, those reaction videos yesterday were awesome. Why would they want to prevent those?
Unsure, that's just the reasoning I heard for telling the players early. I'm not a Long fan, but its never gonna be pretty when 2 of your top 3 guys at a position without much depth are hurt. I'm just glad Ream made it.

Unsure, that's just the reasoning I heard for telling the players early. I'm not a Long fan, but its never gonna be pretty when 2 of your top 3 guys at a position without much depth are hurt. I'm just glad Ream made it.
Me too. And as much as I haven’t been a fan of Sargent, I heard he made it too, as he should have.

With Ream making it and having a great partnership with Robinson, I’m disappointed our resident Fulham supporter and Berhalter hater @sjerzzpitt is no longer on this site. Not sure what happened to him.

Me too. And as much as I haven’t been a fan of Sargent, I heard he made it too, as he should have.
I'm a fan of Sargent and I hope him and pepi are guys we roll with the most up top. I'm actually kinda bothered that Arriola didn't make it. As a fifth winger his pressing is perfect and its something none of Morris, Roldan or Tillman offer

Wow, those Brazil reaction videos were awesome. The USMNT 100% should have had an NCAAT/NFL Draft style "selection show" to announce this roster. Especially for this World Cup which lacks any hype at all.

My starting 11 prediction against Wales is Pepi, Pulisic, Weah, Mckennie, Musah, Adams, Robinson, Zimm, Long, Dest, Turner

I am very mixed right now on this World Cup. I’ve been excited going back several years about the prospect of this roster.

Then Pulisic falls out of favor at Chelsea. Reyna is made of glass. Weston McKennie is erratic. Our keepers are almost trying to not be available. Injuries on the back line. I really worry about our fitness and Aaronson being a maniac every game isn’t really a plan. You get the point.

So I’m way down compared to where I was. BUT I’m hoping we find some magic and a guy like Weah or Sargent comes to life. We have a little success and this team rallies. I guess we’ll see…

As for Arriola I’ve spent the better part of a decade wondering why the USMNT doesn’t have anybody better. But if he’s omitted as we think…we do lose a little spark of chaos he seems to bring at random times to make something happen.

Apparently Steffen isn't on the roster. That's pretty shocking and I feel pretty bad for him. What a fall from grace sheesh.

Apparently Steffen isn't on the roster. That's pretty shocking and I feel pretty bad for him. What a fall from grace sheesh.
Yeah that was the rumor. I do feel bad for him, but he requested to go out on loan so he could play regular minutes and well, he didn’t play well. Yesterday Chelsea played Man City in a Cup match, and the Man City goalkeeper that replaced Steffen on the roster was man of the match. He made 4 really good saves including a good one on Pulisic. Not sure Steffen would have done that.

No Steffen, no Pepi.
Wow. With all the leaks, I never really even looked at the official roster. I didn’t realize Pepi was left out. That surprises me. I did see Pefok didn’t make it. It’s going to be interesting to see our #9 position in 4 years and how these guys have all developed. I’m still holding out hope for a guy like Dike.

Reactions: zookeeper2000
Yeah that was the rumor. I do feel bad for him, but he requested to go out on loan so he could play regular minutes and well, he didn’t play well. Yesterday Chelsea played Man City in a Cup match, and the Man City goalkeeper that replaced Steffen on the roster was man of the match. He made 4 really good saves including a good one on Pulisic. Not sure Steffen would have done that.
How bad has he been? How good has Horvath been? How much better has Johnson been in the minor leagues?

How bad has he been? How good has Horvath been? How much better has Johnson been in the minor leagues?
Well let’s remember that playing in the English Championship isn’t much different for a GK than the MLS. It’s not markedly better as a league overall even for field players. And I won’t pretend to know how Johnson and Horvath did. But I do know that Steffen struggled with injuries and poor form. He struggles were well chronicled. I never saw that from Horvath, which tells me he was ok. Steffen wasn’t ok.

Well let’s remember that playing in the English Championship isn’t much different for a GK than the MLS. It’s not markedly better as a league overall even for field players. And I won’t pretend to know how Johnson and Horvath did. But I do know that Steffen struggled with injuries and poor form. He struggles were well chronicled. I never saw that from Horvath, which tells me he was ok. Steffen wasn’t ok.
I've seen a lot Middlesborough fans says he's pretty much mistakeless coming back from injury. Definitely interesting, but hopefully we don't need another keeper besides Turner.

Overall a solid roster. I don't really have any major complaints, I'm just surprised pepi was left off.

Rodon has no business on this roster.
He's the 26th guy, and in all likelihood will never see the field. The extra 3 last spots really don't matter at all, I actually like having a great glue guy in one of them.

Does Ronaldo have a good World Cup, does he even start or get big minutes?

Guesses on number of goals he has?

And what club team will he play for after the World Cup is over? I can’t imagine ManU keeps him.

The thing he can't seem to wrap his head around is, none of the top clubs want him, and the middle of the pack clubs can't afford him at the salary he wants.

The thing he can't seem to wrap his head around is, none of the top clubs want him, and the middle of the pack clubs can't afford him at the salary he wants.
And the recent interview he did might make him MLS material or retirement material.

I can’t imagine ManU keeps him.

I don't know how these European superstar's contracts are written, but after his interview this week, if I am Man U I tell him that he is suspended indefinitely, without pay. And that if he wants any chance to be reinstated he needs to make a full, sincere apology to his teammates, his coaches and management.

Tell him he isn't getting his money and see how fast he changes his tune.

Of course it also wouldn't be a surprise if his contract is written in such a way that they can't suspend him without pay.

I don't know how these European superstar's contracts are written, but after his interview this week, if I am Man U I tell him that he is suspended indefinitely, without pay. And that if he wants any chance to be reinstated he needs to make a full, sincere apology to his teammates, his coaches and management.

Tell him he isn't getting his money and see how fast he changes his tune.

Of course it also wouldn't be a surprise if his contract is written in such a way that they can't suspend him without pay.
I can’t imagine they can suspend him without pay. He also can claim lack of support for family reasons. There is a part about how the club didn’t believe his kid was ill. Or they were no quite supportive of him taking family time. He lost a twin and the other kid was sick.
I also don’t get why they were subbing him in with a few minutes remaining against Tottenham. Seems odd when you could have brought in someone else.
The entire interview is being released soon and you get the full picture and not the bits and pieces that are trying to get viewership by making it more scandalous. Should he have done the interview, no. Especially not this close to the World Cup. He could have kept his mouth shut, headed to the cup and played lights out if he can. Portugal has a very good chance to make it pretty far.
Biggest issue for Ronaldo, he’s losing his playing mojo. And he’s not accepting it. Which is typical. But he has to go out on a high note to secure his legend status.

Reports today are that Man U is looking to terminate his contract and they have their lawyers looking at ways to sue him for breech of contract.
Breech of contract seems like a stretch. Unless you call that last two minutes sub in where he said no is a breech. But he basically said a lot that was true.

Breech of contract seems like a stretch. Unless you call that last two minutes sub in where he said no is a breech. But he basically said a lot that was true.

I agree that given the way that sports typically goes they would have trouble winning that one. However, refusing to go into a game that you are under contract to play in is pretty much the definition of breech of contract.

I am very curious to see the US TV ratings for this World Cup vs. the traditional June/July World Cup. On one hand, it falls during a very busy, competitive time of year on the sports calendar, but on the other, the promotional bang that FOX will get by promoting the event during NFL games will be a huge opportunity.

I am very curious to see the US TV ratings for this World Cup vs. the traditional June/July World Cup. On one hand, it falls during a very busy, competitive time of year on the sports calendar, but on the other, the promotional bang that FOX will get by promoting the event during NFL games will be a huge opportunity.
I think us vs England on Black Friday will smash all us tv ratings records for soccer, fox must salivating

Reactions: JD1976
I think us vs England on Black Friday will smash all us tv ratings records for soccer, fox must salivating
There is 1 college football game at the same time and that’s Arizona vs Arizona St.

There are 2-3 meaningless college basketball games during that time, the most interesting of them is Creighton vs Xavier.

There are 5, yes 5 NHL games at the same time with one being aired nationally on the NHL network.

No NFL. No NBA.

So the stage is all theirs. If people aren’t shopping, this is the only thing that should be on US TV’s…even if it’s just for background noise. And every bar/restaurant should have the match on while people break from their shopping.

Reactions: JD1976
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT