ADVERTISEMENT

Worlds

upitt98

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2010
Pitttsburgh, PA
Anyone on here been watching the World Championships? How do you see them? FloWrestling? I’ve been checking on Twitter and it looks like the US is might take it with a lot of medals on wrestle backs and a gold for Taylor.

They are in the lead ... Looking good for team USA. I watched on the Fox sports app

Reactions: upitt98
Track wrestling, which is owned by NBC. Plus, the Olympic Channel carries the rep finals and championship finals.

Dake is a animal ... also Snyder all the hype and saluev gets revenge so quick

When they went up from 6 to 8 weight classes, it really helped Dake and Taylor, and both have taken full advantage of it. They and Cox won their titles convincingly. The shocker though was Burroughs losing. Snyder losing didn’t surprise me. Gilman being on the team surprises me. He must be better at freestyle than he was at college wrestling. I would think Nico has a chance of beating him out for the Olympic team. Snyder was all mouth before the matches, and then the guy from Dagestan buried him.

It’s too bad they will only have six weight classes at the Olympics. That basically puts Dake, Taylor and Burroughs in the same weight class again. And, I still hate the scoring system.

Gilman was the best in the country his last year in college. He got upset in one match. His only one loss. He did take silver metal in worlds last year. He is really good and still young.
Taylor will never get back to Burrough’s weight. Dake may make it and I think he will beat Burroughs.

Every time I watch Greco-Roman wrestling, I swear that I will never watch it again. It is mind-numbing boring. Yet, here I am switching back and forth between the World Series and the Greco-Roman finals.

I need a life!

Agree totally with Greco. Really boring. It should be eliminated as a sport. It is like having wrestling with each wrestler having one arm in a sling.

Reactions: mike412
When they went up from 6 to 8 weight classes, it really helped Dake and Taylor, and both have taken full advantage of it. They and Cox won their titles convincingly. The shocker though was Burroughs losing. Snyder losing didn’t surprise me. Gilman being on the team surprises me. He must be better at freestyle than he was at college wrestling. I would think Nico has a chance of beating him out for the Olympic team. Snyder was all mouth before the matches, and then the guy from Dagestan buried him.

It’s too bad they will only have six weight classes at the Olympics. That basically puts Dake, Taylor and Burroughs in the same weight class again. And, I still hate the scoring system.

There are 10 weight classes now. There were 8 before (with 2 non-Olympic weights at 61 and 70). I wish they took all 10 at the Olympics.

Snyder was "all mouth" because that's the only side we saw/heard over here. Sadulaev said plenty on his end too. And you know that Snyder beat him last year in the finals, right? So it is sort of surprising that he lost.

Burroughs' loss isn't that far of a stretch. He lost to the eventual champ, and I don't think anyone in the international wrestling community saw the loss as shocking.

And to infer that Gillman wasn't good in college is really really disingenuous. He finished 4th, 2nd and 3rd - not too shabby.

Taylor will never be in the same weight as Burroughs anymore and he wasn't last year before the new weights. He and Cox will be battling come the Olympic year.

ADVERTISEMENT