ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling gets two commitments

Good recruits for sure. Despite not being a proven head coach, I like the Gavin hire, he has a pedigree being a National Champ and on team USA (not an Olympian) and is young. One of the best quotes I ever heard was from KG when he was wrestling Ed Ruth in freestyle and Ruth was talking trash about how much more athletic he (Ruth) was compared to KG. Keith as calm as possible stated something to the effect "A lot of my opponents are more athletic than I, yet I keep getting my hand raised." That is a type of coach I suspect wrestlers should want to learn from.

The Pitt wrestling team got a nice boost this weekend with the addition of two recruiting commits. Two local kids, Cole Matthews and Luke Kemerer, both committed to the Panthers via Twitter, per cardiachill.
Help a novice out. Is this the kemerer kid from Franklin Regional? I'm thinking of the Kemerer kid that finished behind Conner Schram in wpials, states, Powerade, etc. I know he was behind Schram in grade level, but this isn't him is it? Is it a brother? If so, who's the better of the two?

Help a novice out. Is this the kemerer kid from Franklin Regional? I'm thinking of the Kemerer kid that finished behind Conner Schram in wpials, states, Powerade, etc. I know he was behind Schram in grade level, but this isn't him is it? Is it a brother? If so, who's the better of the two?

No - he's from Hempfield. You're thinking of Michael Kemerer who finished 3rd at NCAAs last year for Iowa

No relation

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Not that I am saying this is happening,zio but It could be if you use up all your scholarship money on lightweights so there is not enough money for your upper weights.

Filling a need. We have some good numbers in the uppers. I don't think he using up all his scollie money either, so not too worried about it. Its not like a majority of like kids are getting full rides anyway - need to spread it around.

ADVERTISEMENT