ADVERTISEMENT

WSOC drop game to WVU 3-1

anon_d97v9o3a8b6xr

Board of Trustee
Aug 3, 2010
WVU typically a very good team, I think down a bit last year, but always good.
I don’t know history, but have Pitt women ever beaten WVU?

WVU typically a very good team, I think down a bit last year, but always good.
I don’t know history, but have Pitt women ever beaten WVU?
Penn State at Pitt in the 2nd scrimmage today. Penn State is pretty loaded this year so it will be a good test, although these teams generally rotate personnel pretty heavy so the final score is sometimes irrelevant.

Penn State at Pitt in the 2nd scrimmage today. Penn State is pretty loaded this year so it will be a good test, although these teams generally rotate personnel pretty heavy so the final score is sometimes irrelevant.
Penn State is absolutely killing it with recruiting. I think they had the #1 recruiting class for 2022 with some serious transfers also. But I can tell you, sure a team will rotate players in these games, but they don’t want to lose either. WVU made a point to bring up the backyard brawl when talking up this game.

Anyone know what the score was of the mens scrimmage against RMU last night

Penn State is absolutely killing it with recruiting. I think they had the #1 recruiting class for 2022 with some serious transfers also. But I can tell you, sure a team will rotate players in these games, but they don’t want to lose either. WVU made a point to bring up the backyard brawl when talking up this game.
PItt beat Penn State

I take the win against PSU as pretty big even though it’s exhibition. Psu getting a ton of hype for this season.

They were ranked 14th in the preseason coaches poll.

ACC teams 1st, 2nd, 4th, 10th, 16th, 25th and 26th.
And PSU with top recruiting class in country. But Pitt isn’t fairing all that well against all those ACC ranked teams. They have had more success out of the ACC. No surprises there. Pitt also has a very highly ranked class, they have to start making bigger leaps this year and start taking out a few of the better teams in conference. It’s a serious feat, which is why they send so many to the tournament, just a stacked conference.
FSU is number 1, but I have a feeling they won’t be quite as good as last few years. A new coach, players leaving, may not recruit as well, who knows. I think someone else will win ACC, maybe UVA UNC.

FYI, PSU women were picked to win the Big Ten this year and are #2 in the national NSCAA preseason poll.

Last edited:
FYI, PSU women were picked to win the Big Ten this year and are #2 in the national NSCAA preseason poll.

I'm not sure what you are looking at, but the NSCAA was renamed the United Soccer Coaches a while ago, and in their preseason poll they have Penn State ranked 14th.

"The NSCAA was rebranded as United Soccer Coaches on August 2, 2017."

Women's Rankings

ADVERTISEMENT