ADVERTISEMENT

WSOC - "For the first time in program history..."

This team is still a work in progress. I still think Fairbanks is the key. She runs the middle attack the best. When Gray and Nwokolo are a threat in the center, this team is much more dangerous. Buzzerio is still the biggest outside threat. Dalton is probably a year away. Still fun to watch.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I think attention needs to turn away from "what do we need to do to make NCAAT" to "what do we need to do get a Top 8 national seed so we can host until the Elite 8."

Reactions: mike412
I think attention needs to turn away from "what do we need to do to make NCAAT" to "what do we need to do get a Top 8 national seed so we can host until the Elite 8."
You have to essentially be a 1 or 2 seed to host past the 1st round, but yes I think Pitt should start thinking bigger.

Rest of the season looks somewhat manageable, too? Tough ones against three top ten teams in UNC, Duke, and Florida State, another game against a top 25 Clemson team, but very manageable games against Louisville, Boston College, and Syracuse.

Seems Clemson decided to fall apart now, maybe Pitt can take the place of Clemson in the conference. Louisville is kind of hit of miss, Syracuse is an unknown, they did just beat Miami. BC has hung in there in games, but should not be an issue for Pitt. Pitt will lose to UNC, Duke and FSU, but could possibly win the rest. ND started really strong but having a few issues of late.

Ideally, Pitt finds themselves ahead of Louisville, Clemson, and VT in conference e standings.

Last edited:
Lost last night in the football meltdown, Pitt ladies beat Louisville to go 4-0 in the acc.
I really hoped other teams would start to implode to help pitt women out. FSU had a very lackluster win over Miami, very unimpressive win with a stupid foul in the box to give fsu the win. VT upsets UNC and haven’t beaten them since 2011. Things just might turn out for pitt women to not only make the NCAA but also the ACC tournament. The next chunk of games will really determine what this team can do and how well they are playing versus how poorly others are playing.

Reactions: jctrack
I really hoped other teams would start to implode to help pitt women out. FSU had a very lackluster win over Miami, very unimpressive win with a stupid foul in the box to give fsu the win. VT upsets UNC and haven’t beaten them since 2011. Things just might turn out for pitt women to not only make the NCAA but also the ACC tournament. The next chunk of games will really determine what this team can do and how well they are playing versus how poorly others are playing.
I think at the end of the day though this team has made huge strides over the last 3 years.

I think at the end of the day though this team has made huge strides over the last 3 years.
Absolutely. Without a doubt the most improved team in ACC. most have stayed the same. FSU not as powerful, maybe wake is as improved but not like Pitt. I mean Pitt women were pretty much garbage.

They changed the number of teams to the ACC tournament and many a good teams missed out, but not certain if they are back to more teams or not.

Yes they are 4-0, but they have a tough stretch coming up and other teams also looking fairly solid. VT beat UNC so anything is possible. Hell Pitt could finish top 4 in conference.

They changed the number of teams to the ACC tournament and many a good teams missed out, but not certain if they are back to more teams or not.

Yes they are 4-0, but they have a tough stretch coming up and other teams also looking fairly solid. VT beat UNC so anything is possible. Hell Pitt could finish top 4 in conference.

I just looked, I was assuming that eight teams made the tournament, but only six teams do. Which obviously makes it much tougher.

On the other hand, they have six games left and they are going to be favored in three of them. We have home games left against Syracuse and Clemson and a road game with BC. Take care of business there and we'll be just fine.

I just looked, I was assuming that eight teams made the tournament, but only six teams do. Which obviously makes it much tougher.

On the other hand, they have six games left and they are going to be favored in three of them. We have home games left against Syracuse and Clemson and a road game with BC. Take care of business there and we'll be just fine.
Does the ACCT even matter? I'm assuming they dropped the number of teams so the top 2 teams don't have to play 3 games.

They are doing all of this without Amanda West, which makes it even more surprising. They didn’t just beat VT; they totally outclassed them. And, they made Louisville look like They didn’t even belong in the same conference.

FSU appears to have taken a big step back this year. Clemson appears to have fallen apart. Is UNC living on past reputation? Seriously, the way Pitt is playing right now they and Duke should be co-favorites to win the Coastal.

They are doing all of this without Amanda West, which makes it even more surprising. They didn’t just beat VT; they totally outclassed them. And, they made Louisville look like They didn’t even belong in the same conference.

FSU appears to have taken a big step back this year. Clemson appears to have fallen apart. Is UNC living on past reputation? Seriously, the way Pitt is playing right now they and Duke should be co-favorites to win the Coastal.
The thing that is impressive to me as someone who doesn't follow the game, it seems to be all coaching as I would guess Waldrum isnt "out-recruiting" ACC schools. I mean I'm sure he is landing quality players but my guess is he isnt landing top-level ACC classes.

Does the ACCT even matter? I'm assuming they dropped the number of teams so the top 2 teams don't have to play 3 games.
Nah it sucks. A lot of conferences have dropped down to smaller tourneys. My daughter is in the running for most goals in her league and is ranked top 20 nationally…but she’s played 4 less games than some teams due to a lighter OOC schedule. And her team isn’t going to make the post season so she won’t have those games either. So she’s not going to finish as high as she had hoped. Not sure what kind of resume builder individual stats provide anyways as it’s womens sports. She’s not going to play professionally. It’s more so for personal goals.

Nah it sucks. A lot of conferences have dropped down to smaller tourneys. My daughter is in the running for most goals in her league and is ranked top 20 nationally…but she’s played 4 less games than some teams due to a lighter OOC schedule. And her team isn’t going to make the post season so she won’t have those games either. So she’s not going to finish as high as she had hoped. Not sure what kind of resume builder individual stats provide anyways as it’s womens sports. She’s not going to play professionally. It’s more so for personal goals.
Tell her to go get a Costa Rican passport and she can start and play on Fox vs the USWNT and lose 10-0

Tell her to go get a Costa Rican passport and she can start and play on Fox vs the USWNT and lose 10-0
My daughters have played with plenty of mediocre players who played for national teams. I guess that’s a pretty cool thing to put on a resume. But my daughter would have to play for Wales, Poland or Italy. That would be a bit tougher. But I bet she could if she wanted because those countries aren’t very good. Maybe Italy would be a challenge. I don’t know. She did get invited to a US camp when she was 14…but she lasted one, never got called back, and isn’t even close. Lol. She’s just a good player, not a great player, which is why we didn’t accept her Pitt offer. But now seeing her peers excel there, we might have sold her short.

Reactions: jham65
I'm assuming they dropped the number of teams so the top 2 teams don't have to play 3 games.

And yet the men's tournament is 12 teams, so it is certainly possible, maybe even likely, that a top 25 team would have to play four games to win the championship.

14 schools in the ACC play women's soccer and 6 of them make the ACC tournament. 12 schools in the ACC play men's soccer and only 12 of them make the ACC tournament. It's dumb.

Plus it's more games against good opponents. Playing more games against good opponents is usually a good thing.
Yes and no. Yes it can’t keep you sharp and playing at a high pace. But it can also cause players to get overworked and or injured. The ACC grind can be a bit much, but these teams should be able to weather it.

I didn't see the whole first half, but from what I saw Pitt didn't play particularly well.

Of course being ahead 1-0 certainly ameliorates that to a large extent.

ADVERTISEMENT