ADVERTISEMENT

WVU and a Brown out?

Good morning everyone. Neal Brown is still employed by WVU. They obviously don't want to win.

Also saw someone on Twitter that says "sources" are saying Lyons is out and Jerry West will be the new AD.
If so...I hope it is this version of Jerry West

jason-clarke-jerry-west-winning-time.jpg

4:00 PM on Tuesday and Neal Brown in still employed at WVU. WVU DOES NOT WANT TO WIN!

As an interesting side, the Big12 apologists now have them making more than the ACC because of Tier 3. See, it isn't really calculated correctly by anyone except for them.

Reactions: joeydavid
4:00 PM on Tuesday and Neal Brown in still employed at WVU. WVU DOES NOT WANT TO WIN!

As an interesting side, the Big12 apologists now have them making more than the ACC because of Tier 3. See, it isn't really calculated correctly by anyone except for them.

SMF says they are making 100 billion million per year so that must be true.

Reactions: pittdan77
SMF says they are making 100 billion million per year so that must be true.
Consider the source and some of the brilliant opinions he's shared. The mental gymnastics going on with WVU is pretty impressive right now. Especially with the whole buyout.

It's Wednesday morning and Neal Brown is still employed and the fan base is starting to realize he may be on the sidelines in Happy Valley next fall.

He’s not getting fired…. At least I’m not believing it till it actually happens… WVU isn’t some SEC big dog….
I think E Gordon Gee has a different perspective. He is as mercenary as they come. Firing the AD gives Gee a clean slate. Maybe Brown survives, but I strongly doubt it.

There will be no change in head coach position. They just named a new AD who will review the entire athletic program before making any decisions. With a Hall of Fame Basketball coach, they have to decide whether they want to remain a Basketball school or move in the direction of becoming a football school. Pitt made that decision when they destroyed the Basketball program and commited to a Oucoach in foot ball.Resulting in a Conference championship something neither Harriis nor Wanny could do.. Rich Rod won several Big East championships and put WVU within a game of winning a National Championship. Remember 13-9. Huggy got the money and Rich Rod left.Of course the football realigmnne looms
If so...I hope it is this version of Jerry West

jason-clarke-jerry-west-winning-time.jpg

Reactions: pittdan77
There will be no change in head coach position. They just named a new AD who will review the entire athletic program before making any decisions. With a Hall of Fame Basketball coach, they have to decide whether they want to remain a Basketball school or move in the direction of becoming a football school. Pitt made that decision when they destroyed the Basketball program and commited to a Oucoach in foot ball.Resulting in a Conference championship something neither Harriis nor Wanny could do.. Rich Rod won several Big East championships and put WVU within a game of winning a National Championship. Remember 13-9. Huggy got the money and Rich Rod left.Of course the football realigmnne looms
He had better review revenue driving football before he focuses on the archery team.
In short, if he’s smart he has made his decision on football (or had it made as a condition of his hire) already.
I agree the realignment looms.

The best he might do next year would be 7-5. That would make him .500 for his 5 years at Hoopie Community College.

I listened to their post game the other day and they didn't think they would get rid of him because they said no matter what WVU is going to be limping into the 2023 season with a depleted roster. They said it wouldn't matter who they brought in, they fully expect WVU to struggle in 2023.

He has a killer contract. Pitt knows the feeling.

And has an unbelievable class coming in. Amazing that he has a class ranked 29th despite playing in an outcast league for a loser program in 3rd world poverty but the ACC Champs have a class ranked 60th, a few spots ahead of FCS Campbell

I listened to their post game the other day and they didn't think they would get rid of him because they said no matter what WVU is going to be limping into the 2023 season with a depleted roster. They said it wouldn't matter who they brought in, they fully expect WVU to struggle in 2023.
Great News!

Neal Brown will remain head coach at West Virginia next season because he is owed nearly $17 million if fired.

Here’s what we know:

Brown is 22-25 in four seasons as head coach of the Mountaineers but was owed nearly $17 million if fired.

West Virginia finished 5-7 in 2022 and will miss a bowl game for the second time in four seasons under his leadership. Doesn't matter because he owed nearly $17 million if fired.

Brown would have been owed nearly $17 million if fired. 😆

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
And has an unbelievable class coming in. Amazing that he has a class ranked 29th despite playing in an outcast league for a loser program in 3rd world poverty but the ACC Champs have a class ranked 60th, a few spots ahead of FCS Campbell
I can't imagine as this goes on, that class stays together, especially Gallagher and Trotter.

Reactions: bayardstreet
Their best two players are gone. Stills graduated and that WR who killed us just announced he is going to the NFL. I have to imagine someone will come after that big FR back that killed us.

Neal Brown will remain head coach at West Virginia next season because he is owed nearly $17 million if fired.

Here’s what we know:

Brown is 22-25 in four seasons as head coach of the Mountaineers but was owed nearly $17 million if fired.

West Virginia finished 5-7 in 2022 and will miss a bowl game for the second time in four seasons under his leadership. Doesn't matter because he owed nearly $17 million if fired.

Brown would have been owed nearly $17 million if fired. 😆

You might not have heard this, but my understanding is that the only reason they are bringing Brown back is because if they fired him they'd owe him $17 million.

I know, right. $17 million.

• Haha
Reactions: joeydavid
He isn’t worth anything close to that amount if that is indeed the correct number.

I agree but WVU wants to overpay a local (to them) star from up the street. I do think if you are going to overpay, it should be for a local player (ie Quinton Martin) or for a real position of need.

Didn't Michigan do it late last year with UCLA after the UCLA/USC merger was announced?
I don't recall, but with WVU, they are supposed to have a return visit from PSU, aren't they? I'd have to think that is in jeopardy if they pull out of the away game first.

I suppose it all depends on just how fiscally sound WVU's AD is right now.

WVU fans must be full of it. We hear all about the big money. It isn't there. The hint should have been that they're facilities are ancient by today's standards but the big money would ditch Brown and stuff the pockets of recruits and demand a home run hire.

Don't worry about their fans. By September they'll be predicting a 12 win season, again.

Can they even do that this late? I doubt it.
Someone in the media asked that as more of a rhetorical question. That did not come from WVU people. They are not buying out the PSU game. We've wanted them back on the schedule all along.

WVU fans must be full of it. We hear all about the big money. It isn't there. The hint should have been that they're facilities are ancient by today's standards but the big money would ditch Brown and stuff the pockets of recruits and demand a home run hire.

Don't worry about their fans. By September they'll be predicting a 12 win season, again.
Ancient? Are you kidding? You think our Colosseum (with renovations) with the BB practice facility that sits next to it is ancient? And the new FB facility that was just completed last year?

ADVERTISEMENT