ADVERTISEMENT

X and Trey

Poonugget_ACC

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2012
Random thought here, but these guys are very athletic and have the ability to get to the rim and get their own shot.

I have watched Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Shaq talk about athletic score first guards (example is Westbrook) and they always talk about how these type of guards need to understand that they can get up their shots whenever they want, but early in games, they need to make sure they get their teammates involved and open looks.

I think it would do this team a lot of good if X and Trey looked to drive and dish to set up teammates early in games. We know Murphy can get going and heat up, but try and get Drumgoole and open look. Try and get TB or Hamilton an easy one. Doing things like this I think will give their teammates more confidence, and in turn, open up the lane and game for them as the game progresses.

I have confidence that these guys will get it going and get it figured out. They are young and I think at times, they are just trying to do too much. Sometimes when you do that, you can’t do anything right, no matter how hard you try. They need to take a deep breath, get others involved, and just play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News