ADVERTISEMENT

X Johnson, Freshmen Pitt Point Guard, Dunks from the free throw line

With his confident swag, combined with his extreme athletic ability, X is turning into a fan favorite.

Did anyone else's mouth drop open in surprise when watching X make that slam dunk after taking off from the foul line? Mine sure did as I thought "OH MY GOD!!!"

Reactions: DiehardPanther
With his confident swag, combined with his extreme athletic ability, X is turning into a fan favorite.

Did anyone else's mouth drop open in surprise when watching X make that slam dunk after taking off from the foul line? Mine sure did as I thought "OH MY GOD!!!"

-That and McGowens almost hit his head off the rim

-People really dont understand how athletic these players really are, but the time is coming 1 month from today and we deliver a wake up call

-We went from small black ants teams squished last year to athletic bullet ants on the court. People dont even know what we have coming in yet with this freshmen class until we sting their ass. We are hitting back this year with these players

I mean, I’m as excited as the next guy for a lot of sweet dunks. But being athletic doesn’t necessarily mean you are a great basketball player.

JJ Moore was more athletic than Patterson. But which one would you rather have on your team?

I mean, I’m as excited as the next guy for a lot of sweet dunks. But being athletic doesn’t necessarily mean you are a great basketball player.

JJ Moore was more athletic than Patterson. But which one would you rather have on your team?

LwSrJ2Zohb8

Ok? Moore was in the regional Jordan Brand game. He had awesome aha highlight tapes too.

My point still stands. This is typical hyperbole and bluster from a poster who will absolutely disappear at the first sign of struggles for the team.

-Get the hell out of here, seriously. I have a life outside sports too and I travel. Take the hint from the other guy that went to Europe and had no access in major cities. Try asia for 4 months island hopping and exploring in remote places and see what phone service you get. Im in my 30's, not some old broken down aged person with no life outside sports.

-To answer the question, Johnson came out of the WCAC, the toughest high school basketball league in the country. Moore played in the NEPSAC. One league plays stiff defense, the other league defense doesnt exist. Moore wasnt terrible but his ball handling was. He never developed and put the work in. Neither did Dante Taylor who was arrested and convicted last year for selling drugs to teenage kids.

-Your upside as an Elite of the Elite athletes is far greater then someone like Ashton Gibbs. Gibbs tanked without Wanamaker and Brown.

-And Pitt is going uptempo with an aggressive defense with pressure. Dixon and Stallings dont know what the word pressure is on defense. Dixon generally likes smurf guards with little athletic ability. Capel sees things differently.

-And if you want a comparison, James Robinson played in the WCAC at Dematha, a National Powerhouse. Johnson's numbers blew Robinson away. He was the WCAC player of the year, with reason

-Get the hell out of here, seriously. I have a life outside sports too and I travel. Take the hint from the other guy that went to Europe and had no access in major cities. Try asia for 4 months island hopping and exploring in remote places and see what phone service you get. Im in my 30's, not some old broken down aged person with no life outside sports.

-To answer the question, Johnson came out of the WCAC, the toughest high school basketball league in the country. Moore played in the NEPSAC. One league plays stiff defense, the other league defense doesnt exist. Moore wasnt terrible but his ball handling was. He never developed and put the work in. Neither did Dante Taylor who was arrested and convicted last year for selling drugs to teenage kids.

-Your upside as an Elite of the Elite athletes is far greater then someone like Ashton Gibbs. Gibbs tanked without Wanamaker and Brown.

-And Pitt is going uptempo with an aggressive defense with pressure. Dixon and Stallings dont know what the word pressure is on defense. Dixon generally likes smurf guards with little athletic ability. Capel sees things differently.

-And if you want a comparison, James Robinson played in the WCAC at Dematha, a National Powerhouse. Johnson's numbers blew Robinson away. He was the WCAC player of the year, with reason

You try too hard.

I miss the days when we would have debates about JJ Moore’s lack of playing time. The good ole days...

I believe him, yo. His 4 month trip started as soon as the CFP National Championship game was over in early January and ended in August.

-I could give you a lesson on a lot of places in this world, Ive been all over it. I was even in your hometown last year down in Mobile AL for a night. Ironically last August I was back in PA and Pittsburgh for the first time in 10 years. I drove it. Drive back was crazy. Had the pint sized hail and tornado to avoid in the midwest to the Forest Fires in the Northwest last year. Some of the craziest weather Ive ever seen in the States. Got pictures of the forest fires up in Glacier and Yosemite. The smoke was a mess last fall in the northwest. I spent very little time in my house last year

-People are more interested in Pitt basketball then my travel experiences. Although if an OT thread is started on travel, Ill join in. I could give anyone on this board some awesome ideas whether you have a cheap budget or a ballers budget.

University of Pittsburgh Athletic Bullet Ants sure has a ring to it. The new mascot could be a jar of physically gifted ants that we throw onto the court during big wins.

-I was wondering if anyone would pick up on this. There is a reason I posted it. Most people dont know what a bullet ant is / does or would have little expectation if you saw one (aka Pitt this coming year). It is by far the nastiest sting in the world if you mess with them. Like 100X worse then being stung by a wasp / scorpion / etc... They are underrated beasts

Reactions: HOF Coach
-I could give you a lesson on a lot of places in this world, Ive been all over it. I was even in your hometown last year down in Mobile AL for a night. Ironically last August I was back in PA and Pittsburgh for the first time in 10 years. I drove it. Drive back was crazy. Had the pint sized hail and tornado to avoid in the midwest to the Forest Fires in the Northwest last year. Some of the craziest weather Ive ever seen in the States. Got pictures of the forest fires up in Glacier and Yosemite. The smoke was a mess last fall in the northwest. I spent very little time in my house last year

-People are more interested in Pitt basketball then my travel experiences. Although if an OT thread is started on travel, Ill join in. I could give anyone on this board some awesome ideas whether you have a cheap budget or a ballers budget.
My hometown is Oakmont/Pittsburgh. I've never spent more than 24 hours in Mobile, AL. No reason to ever be there with New Orleans and great beaches on either side.

Pitt may not be a ACC contenders this season, but they are going to be fun to watch! I think this season will be close to Ben Howland's first year (99-00). They went 13-15 and Ricardo Greer was a Jr who avg 18 pts & 10 rebs and carried the team. I see Malik Ellison doing something close to that or it would be nice if he could!

Reactions: FireballZ

A lot of posters on here were saying Moore for their first 2 or 3 years at Pitt.

Reactions: H2P 2003
-So you live in Alabama now? Thats why you like and support Alabama football?
Yes, I live in Alabama, have a degree from Alabama, and am an Alabama booster. I also attend Pitt games and support Pitt and have since I can remember because I was born there, spent time growing up there, have family there, and had a grandfather who played football for Pitt, amongst many other connections, despite the fact I did not want to attend Pitt for any of my undergrad/graduate work.

What is your connection to Pitt? Why haven't you been to Pittsburgh in 10+ years, if you are such a big fan and travel for 4-7 months of the year?

But if he's a guard and can jump like that, he can at least finish at the rim on a fast break instead of going up softly or pulling back and setting up the offense.

Reactions: Ski11585
All Hale the mighty Oakmont Oaks. Power house football program from the 60’s.

I lived on 10th street way back when. Oakmont has 3 independent drug stores on the boulevard and each one had a soda fountain counter

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT