ADVERTISEMENT

ya think

benchwarmer04

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2004
after success last year, MSU soiled the crib. that fiasco in the tunnel at Michigan was a real bad show for the football team . in general whole team didn't do well. ya think sparty comes back around for HCPN to keep up with wisky and the cornhuskers. those two were sneaky in that they announced the changes after the fact.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
after success last year, MSU soiled the crib. that fiasco in the tunnel at Michigan was a real bad show for the football team . in general whole team didn't do well. ya think sparty comes back around for HCPN to keep up with wisky and the cornhuskers. those two were sneaky in that they announced the changes after the fact.
No. They think that they could do better. Their Big Ten money will enable them to shoot high.

Reactions: cease10
Would he want to go to MSU and get out recruited and whipped by Michigan and OSU every year? And then competing against Nebraska with Rhule and Wisconsin with Luke? Seems like a tough place to win. When he was previously there, Michigan, OSU and State Penn where all in varying degrees of struggle, and MSU had some success.

Reactions: PittMan2003
He is committed to Pitt, I think , for the reasons stated about one hundred times.

Tucker just signed a 10 year contract for $95m. I'm pretty sure he's going to be there for a few more years, win or lose.

Couple things:

1) No. When a coach is unsuccessful, teams tend to hire in the opposite direction. Not always, but usually. In this case Dantonio and Tucker are defensive guys. They'll go with an offensive guy next time.

2) I don't think it can be overstated how undesirable Narduzzi is to the rest of the country. He's just another guy. He's what Stalling was at Vanderbilt: Even if he is a solid coach, he couldn't be any less sexy as a hire. That won't go over well with any fan base that has any sort of expectations.

3) They have nine 4-stars in this class right now. And that number will probably only go up, as they're only at 12 total commits. So it's very well it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and Tucker, who was overrated last season, ends up riding that reputation to decent recruiting results which produces a decent product. Still way too early to tell.

4) I don't think the donors who fronted this absurd contract are without a say. Not sure which side would be on the hook for a potential buyout, but I doubt they nor the school wants any part in paying that much money to a guy not to coach.

Duzz right now already has the best season in 40 years at Pitt as part of his resume. He’s essentially our Frank Beamer if he doesn’t screw up royally.

Reactions: Parkview57
Duzz right now already has the best season in 40 years at Pitt as part of his resume. He’s essentially our Frank Beamer if he doesn’t screw up royally.

I'd say he has quite a bit of catching up to do to be anything even approaching what Frank Beamer was to VT. In its 85-year history before Beamer came along, VT had never one 10 or more games. Not once.

Beamer won 11 games 6x
He won 10 games 7x
He won 9 games 2x

So it's about 15-1 in favor of Frank right now.

So far, Duzz is more comparable to Shane Beamer (7-6 in year one; 8-4 with two big wins in year two).

Reactions: cease10 and BFo8
ADVERTISEMENT