ADVERTISEMENT

Yellow Jackets at Panthers Predictions

GT struggles against the run and leaves much to be desired on offense. Narduzzi and crew take it to them Saturday night on the North Shore and start off ACC play 1-0. Pitt - 34 GT - 14

It looks like the rain is mostly during the day. Maybe a shower at night, from the latest forecast.

The field will be wet, but I don't think we'll be in a monsoon.

Pitt needs to limit GT to under 10 points and shut them down defensively. I think we'll score 42 on them.

Pitt 42
GT 7

GT in disarray, so this should be a relatively easy win. If Pitt gets up early they will run the new Cignetti offense (aka the single wing) and we will run on first, second, and third down. Score won't be as high as some are predicting.

Pitt 32
GT - 10

GT in disarray, so this should be a relatively easy win. If Pitt gets up early they will run the new Cignetti offense (aka the single wing) and we will run on first, second, and third down. Score won't be as high as some are predicting.

Pitt 32
GT - 10
I concur and don’t believe it will get even as high as that. 27-13, but not nearly as close as that score looks. I could see GT come out gung Ho with something to prove, scoring an early TD early in a tightly scripted possession, then basically neutered the rest of the way. Pitt dominating TOP and yards gained throughout, but dropping a couple big passes, and punting instead of scoring on multiple possessions, leading to an unsatisfying 14-7 lead at the break. But a crisp possession to score a Td to open the second half for breathing room, then Ground Frank takes over, hunkering down and trading punts and leading 21-7 though three periods. With GT wearing down, grinding out a couple long possessions in the fourth that still peter out in the RZ, setting up late FG’s. GT hitting on a cheap slant that goes to the house against the backup D with a minute to go, to make it look much closer than it was.

It looks like the rain is mostly during the day. Maybe a shower at night, from the latest forecast.

Pitt needs to limit GT to under 10 points and shut them down defensively. I think we'll score 42 on them.

Pitt 42
GT 7
Tons of rain during the game now. Take the under

42-17

It's going to depend on if Gtech decides to load up to stop the run. If they don't, Pitt's ball control is going to limit possessions and scoring.

The GT defense gets the ball run down their throat week in and week out, which bodes well for Cignetti, Abanakanda, and Associates, who can be found at (412) 246-IZZY. Would really like the defense work some things out and take a step forward this week against, what might be the weakest team in the conference. Here's to hoping the rain holds off as much as possible! Pitt-38 GT-13

Pitt 42
GT 7

Forecast I'm looking at this morning says 80-90% chance of rain through to about 5 am Sunday morning.

It's going to be one of those days I'm glad I live on a hill.

Forecast I'm looking at this morning says 80-90% chance of rain through to about 5 am Sunday morning.

It's going to be one of those days I'm glad I live on a hill.

Yeah, I see they changed the forecast again. Best to anticipate some heavy rain and be prepared. But I doubt the game is high scoring now.

I'm with you. I'm glad I live on top of a hill now, too.

We must remember that while GT got rid of their coach and AD, they still have the same group of players that put up 21 and 20 points against Pitt football teams the last two years. Taking that into account and after checking the weather for tomorrow night (Accuweather is saying that it is going to be 55 degrees, winds at 10 mph with an 87% chance of rain).
Considering all that and know what we have seen of the Cignetti offense, I'd expect Pitt to run the ball 70% of the time and throw those annoying short passes the remaining 30%.
Playing with the conservative Cignetti offense versus a poor GT run defense that is ranked #120 in the country, I see the following...

PITT 31 - GT 14

Pitt 27
Gt 3

Pitt gets a special teams TD. GT held under 150 total yards of offense.

Pitt covers the -23 and the under wins.

I concur and don’t believe it will get even as high as that. 27-13, but not nearly as close as that score looks. I could see GT come out gung Ho with something to prove, scoring an early TD early in a tightly scripted possession, then basically neutered the rest of the way. Pitt dominating TOP and yards gained throughout, but dropping a couple big passes, and punting instead of scoring on multiple possessions, leading to an unsatisfying 14-7 lead at the break. But a crisp possession to score a Td to open the second half for breathing room, then Ground Frank takes over, hunkering down and trading punts and leading 21-7 though three periods. With GT wearing down, grinding out a couple long possessions in the fourth that still peter out in the RZ, setting up late FG’s. GT hitting on a cheap slant that goes to the house against the backup D with a minute to go, to make it look much closer than it was.
We must remember that while GT got rid of their coach and AD, they still have the same group of players that put up 21 and 20 points against Pitt football teams the last two years. Taking that into account and after checking the weather for tomorrow night (Accuweather is saying that it is going to be 55 degrees, winds at 10 mph with an 87% chance of rain).
Considering all that and know what we have seen of the Cignetti offense, I'd expect Pitt to run the ball 70% of the time and throw those annoying short passes the remaining 30%.
Playing with the conservative Cignetti offense versus a poor GT run defense that is ranked #120 in the country, I see the following...

PITT 31 - GT 14
Our luck this will be the day we decide to “open it up” like in the Wanny Sun Bowl….

ADVERTISEMENT