ADVERTISEMENT

Your Top 5 Candidates for HC

One name I would like to see Pitt look at is Jeff Lebby. He has been at some top offensive programs and will have a year of being an SEC level coordinator. He has been involved in multiple top offenses (although the Baylor stop could be concerning).

The only question would be his recruiting but you could elevate Partridge to DC assistant coach to help with that and I imagine his buyout would be small so you could possibly upgrade the staff from Narduzzi.

H2P

One name I would like to see Pitt look at is Jeff Lebby. He has been at some top offensive programs and will have a year of being an SEC level coordinator. He has been involved in multiple top offenses (although the Baylor stop could be concerning).

The only question would be his recruiting but you could elevate Partridge to DC assistant coach to help with that and I imagine his buyout would be small so you could possibly upgrade the staff from Narduzzi.

H2P

Recruiting is a problem now.. its been a problem for 30 years. Its a certainty that it will be a problem in the future regardless of who they hire. That's why we are on average a 6 to 9 win program.

Very likely PN gets one last chance to get it right with a new OC and a few other new offensive coaches.

Dollars to doughnuts Partridge, and some of his recruits, will be headed on to less turbulent waters after this fiasco of a year.

Reactions: Large Panther
Very likely PN gets one last chance to get it right with a new OC and a few other new offensive coaches.

Yes. I don't think this is the time be be going crazy, but I would like to see Pitt spend a little money and try to bring in Jeff Grimes at OC. I think he would be a really good fit. He absolutely saved Kalani Stake's ass at BYU and it's really been overlooked what a good job he has done with the Cougars.

This X 100. Wanting a “Pittsburgh guy” seems beyond stupid in this day and age.

Heather agrees with you. A Pittsburgh connection is meaningless.

We would be well served to look at a guy with HC experience in P5, and now the OC at a top 15 program.

A guy like Joe Moorhead, for instance.

Graham Harrell. Culturally or geographically I don't know if he'd be interested in it though.

Brennan Marion, already mentioned.

Nick Rolovich, probably also not an eastern US guy even if we're a slightly better job than Washington State.

Basically I want to score a lot of points and have fun. I know Pitt football isn't going to go back to 1976 for many reasons.

With your reasons for their consideration + 3 Long Shots.

Dave Wannstedt:. Pitt man. Was screwed over by Steve and Nerdy, Good recruiter. He's 68 but could rebuild Pitt to turn it over when he's done.

Rich Rodriguez:. Not a Pitt guy but knows the area Big Time. Had WVU rolling and could do the same at Pitt.

Butch Jones:. Successful at Cincinnati. OK at Tennessee but Tennessee is a hard place to win in the SEC. Presently coaching at Alabama under Saban. He could win at Pitt in the ACC.

Curt Cignetti:. Presently HC at JMU. Took JMU to FCS National Championship game last year. 14-2 record at JMU. Also had success at IUP. Previously an assistant at Pitt. Coached under Nick Saban at Alabama. Smart. Could recruit and win at Pitt.

Matt Canada:. Brilliant Offensive Mind. Ready for a HC position. Commitment an issue.

Long shots:
Louis Riddick. Loves Pitt. Played the game at the highest level. Pitt would benefit from a smart black coach in recruiting. Maybe bring him in under Wanny for a few years and then turn the program over to him.

Charlie Partridge:. Great Coach. The only bright spot on the team. Best recruiter. Could be successful. 100 x smarter than Narduzzi. Maybe Pitt's Dabo Sweeney?

Eric Kasperovich:. Great HS Coach ( Gus Mahlzan was a HS Coach ) . Played at Pitt. Could be a reach but won't be worse than Narduzzi.

I have one name on my list: The OP. LMAO!

With your reasons for their consideration + 3 Long Shots.

Dave Wannstedt:. Pitt man. Was screwed over by Steve and Nerdy, Good recruiter. He's 68 but could rebuild Pitt to turn it over when he's done.

Rich Rodriguez:. Not a Pitt guy but knows the area Big Time. Had WVU rolling and could do the same at Pitt.

Butch Jones:. Successful at Cincinnati. OK at Tennessee but Tennessee is a hard place to win in the SEC. Presently coaching at Alabama under Saban. He could win at Pitt in the ACC.

Curt Cignetti:. Presently HC at JMU. Took JMU to FCS National Championship game last year. 14-2 record at JMU. Also had success at IUP. Previously an assistant at Pitt. Coached under Nick Saban at Alabama. Smart. Could recruit and win at Pitt.

Matt Canada:. Brilliant Offensive Mind. Ready for a HC position. Commitment an issue.

Long shots:
Louis Riddick. Loves Pitt. Played the game at the highest level. Pitt would benefit from a smart black coach in recruiting. Maybe bring him in under Wanny for a few years and then turn the program over to him.

Charlie Partridge:. Great Coach. The only bright spot on the team. Best recruiter. Could be successful. 100 x smarter than Narduzzi. Maybe Pitt's Dabo Sweeney?

Eric Kasperovich:. Great HS Coach ( Gus Mahlzan was a HS Coach ) . Played at Pitt. Could be a reach but won't be worse than Narduzzi.

Kasperowicz didn't even het hired by his own high school alma mater. But by all means, Pitt should hire him. Is Gerry Faust available to be his assistant? Stupidest. Post. EVER.

Kasperowicz didn't even het hired by his own high school alma mater. But by all means, Pitt should hire him. Is Gerry Faust available to be his assistant? Stupidest. Post. EVER.
I agree it is an idiotic post, but North Hills was dumb for not hiring Kasper. They made a Pitt type of hire. Pine Richland has ascended and North Hills has descended.

I'd be in favor of bringing him on as an assistant. He's a high energy guy who would likely do well on the recruiting trail, and he's a good coach. Does anyone think he would be worse than Salem or Powell? Hell, he might do better at OC than Whipple.

I'd be in favor of bringing him on as an assistant. He's a high energy guy who would likely do well on the recruiting trail, and he's a good coach. Does anyone think he would be worse than Salem or Powell? Hell, he might do better at OC than Whipple.
Joe Moore, Joe Naunchik, and Andy Urbanic all made the jump and did well. I think Kasper could do the same.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
If Eric is really good, he'll have no time turning an assistant job at the college level into a head coaching job. More top high school coaches should get the chance (Faust is an extreme example of jumping too far too fast.)

I agree it is an idiotic post, but North Hills was dumb for not hiring Kasper. They made a Pitt type of hire. Pine Richland has ascended and North Hills has descended.

lol, North Hills thinks the next Lavar is going to walk through the doors any day now. Fun fact: prior to this season, they had the QB run over every down to get the play, ala Whipple. Had about the same results that we do on offense. At least Carey dumped that but his offense is still terrible. Haven't won a playoff game in over 10 years, but the school board thinks he's doing a great job. Will go down as the worse decision ever, picking Carey over Kasper. I guess Carey was a drinking buddy at Frankensteins with McCurry?

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Saw what he did at IUP up close,

Which was to go recruit D1 drop outs and use the great disparity in amount of scholarships compared to most conference foes in order to have a huge talent advantage most weeks, too bad most NFL guys who don't make the final cut are out of eligibility, I'm sure he could win at Pitt with those guys., at least until the play-offs or Cal/PA on was on the schedule.

Which was to go recruit D1 drop outs
Maybe we should at least take his advice and grab some kids who got in trouble at the bigger schools. At this point, what do we have to show from following the rules so closely?

We’re on probation for volunteer assistants playing catch, we’re below .500 and the future looks worse. Whatever we’ve been doing clearly hasn’t been working.... for almost 4 decades now.

Reactions: Parkview57
Graham Harrell. Culturally or geographically I don't know if he'd be interested in it though.

Brennan Marion, already mentioned.

Nick Rolovich, probably also not an eastern US guy even if we're a slightly better job than Washington State.

Basically I want to score a lot of points and have fun. I know Pitt football isn't going to go back to 1976 for many reasons.

Love the Rolovich mention, for the Mike Leach lovers like SMF Rolovich is pretty much the same thing with a more interesting personality. He should do well at Wash St.

Love the Rolovich mention, for the Mike Leach lovers like SMF Rolovich is pretty much the same thing with a more interesting personality. He should do well at Wash St.

Rolo comes from the June Jones run and shoot tree but has more power running as well. Great offenses, fun to watch, won more games than they "should" have at Hawaii after Norm Chow left a mess.

Rolo comes from the June Jones run and shoot tree but has more power running as well. Great offenses, fun to watch, won more games than they "should" have at Hawaii after Norm Chow left a mess.

I loved watching him as a player, his teams are extremely fun to watch as well.

Heather better be ready for a wanny scenario.. "Pat, you need to make these changes on your staff" "Heather, I run the football program, not happening". "Pat - you're outa here".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT