ADVERTISEMENT

Zane Dudek

rmf05

Senior
Sep 5, 2017
Congrats to Zane Dudek. He's got over 1,100 and is averaging 8.0 yards per carry and has 14 TD's in leading Yale to their first league championship since 1980! Ivies only play 10 games, so that is quite an accomplishment. They also don't pad stats by playing lower classifications. If Yale decides to play in the playoffs, he'll likely break the all-time freshman rushing record in the conference (needs 50 yards). He'd also have to play against a higher level of competition which would be intriguing. I wonder what he could've done for us?

He probably could have been a decent power five player, especially for a middling program like Pitt, but it sounds like Yale is a great fit -- world class education and a major role carrying the rock as an underclassman. Good for him.

I think he's in the 5'9" 190 lb range according to his bio. He magically shrunk 3 inches and lost 10 lbs at Yale. He is also, a legit sub-4.5 40 guy. That speed with the moves and power that he showed in his HS film, you can't fake the agility, vision and power he has. His film blew away Shell's which was all power and speed. His only flaw might be that he is a tad small to hold up under big time punishment as a feature back.

I hope they go to the playoffs. The teams in the 1aa playoffs are at the mid-major 1a level I think. YSU is a mid-level 1aa team this year (4-4 in conference, 6-5 overall) and they outplayed us in the opener.

Congrats to Zane Dudek. He's got over 1,100 and is averaging 8.0 yards per carry and has 14 TD's in leading Yale to their first league championship since 1980! Ivies only play 10 games, so that is quite an accomplishment. They also don't pad stats by playing lower classifications. If Yale decides to play in the playoffs, he'll likely break the all-time freshman rushing record in the conference (needs 50 yards). He'd also have to play against a higher level of competition which would be intriguing. I wonder what he could've done for us?

He is definitely a P5 player, maybe at Safety. If Mark Ponko could have a good career, no reason Dudek couldn't have.

Yale didn't make the FCS playoffs. You mean in another season?
No this season, I didn't know the brackets were already announced. I know that Ivies rarely get selected and few accept. Oh well.

DII playoffs started this past weekend. IUP is the #1 seed. Former Panther Chris Wuestner is a WR for them. He walked-on for us but is a reserve for them and has had a couple of decent seasons. They also have a couple other kids that we recruited. Duane Brown was Tre Tipton's teammate a AR and had a great HS career but ended up at IUP after getting hurt his Sr. year. He is redshirting as a RB. Anthony Davis was a big recruit for Gateway and originally committed to PSU and then de-comitted to play at Temple for some reason. He transferred to IUP and starts as a DB on their very highly ranked D. IUP has one OL that will likely be drafted and a DL who is also getting some looks. IUP has never had 2 players drafted in the same class.

He is definitely a P5 player, maybe at Safety. If Mark Ponko could have a good career, no reason Dudek couldn't have.
He would have been a faster version of Ponko. We should have brought him in.

Also, is obviously a very smart kid and would be one of those "gamers" who may not have all the physical tools but just make plays......though he is a sprint champ so....

He would have sucked at a P5 school. He could probably be a third down back in the MAC but at Pitt he'd be a waste of a scholarship
Not sure how you can say this when he's smarter and faster than any back on our roster. His HS video looks pretty good as well. He's got quick feet. He seems like a slightly taller but lighter Q. Henderson. Maybe more that role than a traditional TB. You don't put up numbers like his at even the Ivy League level which is far better than any HS conference in the country, without being very good.

Was that game on the tube. I wanted to watch it but forgot to check.

I can just imagine how this board would have reacted if this kid got a scholarship at Pitt.

well this board wants all the wpial recruits, and all dudek did was dominate the wpial like no other running back has in its history

he didn't get recruited because he is white

So why did Cole Beck, who is also a white rb, get recruited by Pitt? He commited to VT but was high on Pitt’s board. He also had other P5 offers. Its not because Dudek he is white, they just didnt deem him worthy of an offer.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Not sure how you can say this when he's smarter and faster than any back on our roster. His HS video looks pretty good as well. He's got quick feet. He seems like a slightly taller but lighter Q. Henderson. Maybe more that role than a traditional TB. You don't put up numbers like his at even the Ivy League level which is far better than any HS conference in the country, without being very good.

Sibley runs a 10.8 100M. Dudek ran a 10.88. Let's not get carried away.

Duane Brown wasn't making it to a real college.

No this season, I didn't know the brackets were already announced. I know that Ivies rarely get selected and few accept. Oh well.

DII playoffs started this past weekend. IUP is the #1 seed. Former Panther Chris Wuestner is a WR for them. He walked-on for us but is a reserve for them and has had a couple of decent seasons. They also have a couple other kids that we recruited. Duane Brown was Tre Tipton's teammate a AR and had a great HS career but ended up at IUP after getting hurt his Sr. year. He is redshirting as a RB. Anthony Davis was a big recruit for Gateway and originally committed to PSU and then de-comitted to play at Temple for some reason. He transferred to IUP and starts as a DB on their very highly ranked D. IUP has one OL that will likely be drafted and a DL who is also getting some looks. IUP has never had 2 players drafted in the same class.

Look at your own links. Dudek is listed at 10.80 as his personal record on the very link you posted. Aside from that, what is your point? He's too slow at 10.8 and Sibley is a phenom at 10.8?
10.8 is not exceptional for a P5 running back. Especially one that is undersized.

This board is filled with idiots and trolls. They should have offered him.

True dat!

I think he is doing best for himself. At best, as someone said he could be Mark Ponko, who was a good player. But, he is getting a degree from YALE! and he is being a star. Good for him

I think he's in the 5'9" 190 lb range according to his bio. He magically shrunk 3 inches and lost 10 lbs at Yale. He is also, a legit sub-4.5 40 guy. That speed with the moves and power that he showed in his HS film, you can't fake the agility, vision and power he has. His film blew away Shell's which was all power and speed. His only flaw might be that he is a tad small to hold up under big time punishment as a feature back.

I hope they go to the playoffs. The teams in the 1aa playoffs are at the mid-major 1a level I think. YSU is a mid-level 1aa team this year (4-4 in conference, 6-5 overall) and they outplayed us in the opener.

Dudek was listed at 5'10, 190 lbs by Rivals last year.

Dudek is a good back who could probably play pretty well at a higher level then Yale, but Davis and Sibley were rated higher with more potential and I don't think we were taking 3 RB's.

There was minimal difference between Wade and Dudek. Dudek was actually taller, faster, and played against better competition. He could play and at some point start for Pitt had he come here. I wanted Pitt to offer him as a Safety. There is a domino effect in recruiting. Sometimes it just takes 1-2 offers and then the rest come.

He probably could have been a decent power five player, especially for a middling program like Pitt, but it sounds like Yale is a great fit -- world class education and a major role carrying the rock as an underclassman. Good for him.
Yale has great offensive coordinator, Joe Conklin, former Pitt defensive tackle from Greensburg Central Catholic, my vote for new Pitt OC, his offense is scoring lots of points.

Reactions: Saboteur
There was minimal difference between Wade and Dudek. Dudek was actually taller, faster, and played against better competition. He could play and at some point start for Pitt had he come here. I wanted Pitt to offer him as a Safety. There is a domino effect in recruiting. Sometimes it just takes 1-2 offers and then the rest come.

I liked Dudek and thought he was underrated ...... he was a better RB then DB ...... was anyone even recruiting him as a DB ? ...... the safeties we got in 2016 and 2017 (Hamlin, Campbell, Garner, and Paris Ford) were all higher rated then Dudek ..... Just my opinion, but I think Pitt recruited over Dudek ..... I guess we'll never know how he would have done at Pitt .... wish him well at Yale.

Couple comments ......

- Duane Brown is not redshirting ..... he is playing as a true freshman but is not the starting RB ...... IUP has been playing 4 RB's...... Brown is doing well.

- Chris Wuestner is a pretty good DII player ..... was hurt earlier this season and missed 4 games.

- The IUP player, IMO, that has the best chance of being drafted in the 2018 NFL Draft is Max Redfield, a safety, who was a RIVALS 5 star out of high school, went to Notre Dame, played his true freshman year (2013) and then started at ND the next two years (2014 and 2015), then 8/16 was thrown out of ND with some other players just before his senior season for possession of a handgun without a license and possession of marijuana ..... he sat out the 2016-2017 season and ended up at IUP this season where he has done well ....... he was a good student at ND and had enough credits after 3.5 years to graduate but they wouldn't give him a degree because he was dismissed from the school. However, earlier this year he talked to ND about readmitting him for the purposes of giving him a degree and ND did just that and he got his degree. He majored in philosophy and minored in Mandarin Chinese ...... I was told he is doing well as a student at IUP and has been a great teammate..... the NFL may shun him because of his legal problems but don't be surprised if he gets a shot.

Below is an article in the Indiana Gazette about Max Redfield ......

https://www.indianagazette.com/spor...cle_d21064ee-cae3-11e7-a4e3-2bf6f6da59b9.html

Couple comments ......

- Duane Brown is not redshirting ..... he is playing as a true freshman but is not the starting RB ...... IUP has been playing 4 RB's...... Brown is doing well.

- Chris Wuestner is a pretty good DII player ..... was hurt earlier this season and missed 4 games.

- The IUP player, IMO, that has the best chance of being drafted in the 2018 NFL Draft is Max Redfield, a safety, who was a RIVALS 5 star out of high school, went to Notre Dame, played his true freshman year (2013) and then started at ND the next two years (2014 and 2015), then 8/16 was thrown out of ND with some other players just before his senior season for possession of a handgun without a license and possession of marijuana ..... he sat out the 2016-2017 season and ended up at IUP this season where he has done well ....... he was a good student at ND and had enough credits after 3.5 years to graduate but they wouldn't give him a degree because he was dismissed from the school. However, earlier this year he talked to ND about readmitting him for the purposes of giving him a degree and ND did just that and he got his degree. He majored in philosophy and minored in Mandarin Chinese ...... I was told he is doing well as a student at IUP and has been a great teammate..... the NFL may shun him because of his legal problems but don't be surprised if he gets a shot.

Below is an article in the Indiana Gazette about Max Redfield ......

https://www.indianagazette.com/spor...cle_d21064ee-cae3-11e7-a4e3-2bf6f6da59b9.html
Good post and info, but the part about the NFL shunning him because he got into trouble is hilarious. IF he is good enough, then I guarantee you with 100% certainty that he will get drafted.

Good post and info, but the part about the NFL shunning him because he got into trouble is hilarious. IF he is good enough, then I guarantee you with 100% certainty that he will get drafted.

The scouts are watching him .... the legal issues could lower his draft status, it has for players in the past ..... he has by all accounts been a model citizen at IUP so it will be interesting to see what happens with him ...... talent wise, I think he will get his shot to make it in the NFL.

Simply not true. Are you kidding us with this drivel? If he was worthy of a scholarship offer, he would have received one.

so naive

bill cherpak even said college coaches ask him about his players, "what color is he"? you calling arguably the best coach in the wpial a liar?

like i said dudek dominated like no other running back in wpial history, he even won a wpial title in sprinting

tell me why nobody wanted him yet wanted guys smaller, less talented, and less accomplished

so naive

bill cherpak even said college coaches ask him about his players, "what color is he"? you calling arguably the best coach in the wpial a liar?

like i said dudek dominated like no other running back in wpial history, he even won a wpial title in sprinting

tell me why nobody wanted him yet wanted guys smaller, less talented, and less accomplished

If he’s that talented he will certainly get the chance to make someone’s roster in the NFL as a free agent.

If he isn’t even signed by anyone that should give an idea of his skill level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT