ADVERTISEMENT

Zeise Speaks Again About Realignment...

I have to agree. Playoff posturing didn’t really impact anything. Either way the big dogs ultimately plan to grow to their strongest composition, jettison their weaklings like Rutgers and Vanderbilt, and then to split away. That is where they can make any kind of playoff arrangement they desire.

And I think a fatalist position is fine. Honestly, “The ACC was always doomed and nothing matters” is probably the most sound position.

But in a world where maybe there was something the ACC could have done, everything it did was the worst thing to do.
It’s impossible to argue a single move it has made, has put it in a better position today than it would have been had it just done nothing.

Yes, any prediction on the ACC being raided and only losing two teams is retarded.

That isn’t difficult to admit.

I guess it’s fine to argue the ACC won’t be raided at all. It’s difficult to see that happening. But that’s far more likely than the the scenario the article lays out.
LOL! Apparently, you read and comprehend what you want to believe as well...

Where you're concerned, I'm taking off the gloves…..

"Yes, any prediction on the ACC being raided and only losing two teams is retarded."

Where did I say that? What does that have to do with Pitt landing in a good spot???? You made my point. If it ain't bad, then it won't come true

"That isn’t difficult to admit".

Admit what?????? To admit something means that it's happened and is real.....You want me to admit that not only will two teams leave, but more will follow???? Who knows?

I can play that game…..Why can't you admit the world will be coming to an end on a Wednesday???? Who says? I say! It might end on a Wednesday, but who knows?????

"I guess it’s fine to argue the ACC won’t be raided at all. It’s difficult to see that happening. But that’s far more likely than the the scenario the article lays out."

Where did I say it won't be raided at all????? Show me. So your scenario is far more likely to happen than what Zeise laid out???? Says who???? You???? Based on what?????

Let me help you.... I said Pitt will land in a good spot and I will gloat when it happens. That's what I said.

Let me know if you need help with other cognitive functions, besides reading comprehension. My door is always open....

SHEESH!

Last edited:
LOL! Apparently, you read and comprehend what you want to believe as well...

Where you're concerned, I'm taking off the gloves…..

"Yes, any prediction on the ACC being raided and only losing two teams is retarded."

Where did I say that? What does that have to do with Pitt landing in a good spot???? You made my point. If it ain't bad, then it won't come true

lol @ you “taking off the gloves.” Jesus.

And I couldn’t care less about your position as it relates to how everything shakes up. I’ve actually never responded to any post of yours as it relates to what your position is, as I can’t say I’ve ever noticed it. Your existence on this board doesn’t really concern me much.

Somebody created a thread about an article, and posted the article.

I read the article and saw something so dumb you’d have to be a retard to believe. I never said a single word about where Pitt ends up. Where the ACC ends up. Etc.

I simply pointed out that, any prediction based on the ACC being raided, but only losing two teams in the raid, is retarded.

And that put you in a situation where you “took off the gloves” so you could get a better grip of your pearls.

lol @ you “taking off the gloves.” Jesus.

And I couldn’t care less about your position as it relates to how everything shakes up. I’ve actually never responded to any post of yours as it relates to what your position is, as I can’t say I’ve ever noticed it. Your existence on this board doesn’t really concern me much.

Somebody created a thread about an article, and posted the article.

I read the article and saw something so dumb you’d have to be a retard to believe. I never said a single word about where Pitt ends up. Where the ACC ends up. Etc.

I simply pointed out that, any prediction based on the ACC being raided, but only losing two teams in the raid, is retarded.

And that put you in a situation where you “took off the gloves” so you could get a better grip of your pearls.
Since I took my gloves off, I’ll use them now to slap some sense into you. A difficult chore for sure, but I’m up to the task….

Then, if your response had nothing to do with my post, then why are you replying to it???? The truth is, it was a rebuttal to what I wrote and now you’re back tracking as usual….

If you aren’t a troll, then you’re a negative nanny…. Your move spanky…..

Last edited:
Since I took my gloves off, I’ll use them now to slap some sense into. A difficult chore for sure, but I’m up to the task….

Then, if your response had nothing to do with my post, then why are you replying to it???? The truth is, it was a rebuttal to what I wrote and now you’re back tracking as usual….

If you aren’t a troll, then you’re a negative nanny…. Your move spanky…..

what are you talking about? I think you need to look back in this thread and see which one of us needed a fainting couch.

what are you talking about? I think you need to look back in this thread and see which one of us needed a fainting couch.
Don’t need one. Not worried one bit, Karen. So what Zeise wrote was dumb and what you wrote was spot on, right?

Unbelievable…

Let’s put the big boy pants on and admit nobody knows what’s going to happen, including you. Admit it… It is fact….

Everything that’s being written is OPINION, including your posts. Some people believe that your posts are just as dumb as Zeise….

Last edited:
Let me summarize

The ACC is going to get picked apart. The question is when

Pitt isn’t going to be selected by the Big 10 ever.

The SEC would only take Pitt they decide they need to come up the east coast and mid Atlantic. Then again Pitt would have to be a top 15 program for the next 3-4 years to be attractive enough.

partnerships with other conferences might be like triage on the way to the level 1 trauma center. I don’t think this solves anything long term.

The ultimate college playoff format will be 12 teams but the Big 10 and the SEC will each get 4 teams and the other 4 teams will be selected at large from the other 3-4 conferences that are left. That scenario is only because the 2 super power conferences don’t want to look like they butchered college football and took all the money……:which they will do.

Paul Finebaum is a jerkoff.

Don’t need one. Not worried one bit, Karen. So what Zeise wrote was dumb and what you wrote was spot on, right?

Unbelievable…

Let’s put the big boy pants on and admit nobody knows what’s going to happen, including you. Admit it… It is fact….

Everything that’s being written is OPINION, including your posts. Some people believe that your posts are just as dumb as Zeise….

okay

I’ve said the article is naive to believe, if an ACC raid happens, only two teams are being raided. You have to be an idiot to believe that.

And you understand the logic. You just don’t agree with it. That’s a separate point.

And you could be right. There’s nothing anybody could have done to appease the giants for any period of time. The raid is inevitable, and any moves made would have done absolutely nothing.

But in a world where the ACC *maybe* could have done something, blocking playoff expansion got the ACC and PAC 12 *nothing.*. It just guaranteed the two power conference would become even more aggressive.
The raid is inevitable, I just don't think its gonna happen for another 14 years. Why worry about it?

as always, zeise with a dumb take. the money now is so much more absurdly unequal than it was in years past and he completely ignores that.

as always, zeise with a dumb take. the money now is so much more absurdly unequal than it was in years past and he completely ignores that.

The problem isn’t even just the money, and how much it hurts your ability to compete.

The problem is, as the other two conferences become “Super,” your perception if you aren’t in it becomes that of a loser.

SMU and Houston are the perfect examples of that. Both those teams were probably the two best teams of the ‘80s/early ‘90s in Texas. And by the mid-90s they were basically dead.

Not because they couldn’t literally compete anymore. There was no law stopping them. But they got left out of the Big 12. And so the perception was they weren’t a major program. And so they couldn’t compete against that.

That’s a huge concern. Or at least should be.

Assuming the math is a hindrance, it will stop being such a hindrance before 14 years. The cost of leaving goes does every year. It will get in the black before the contract runs out.
All media rights are granted to the ACC until 2036, rendering current ACC teams useless to other conferences until 2036. What incentive does the ACC have to negotiate?

The Playoff Field is going to expand. The question is will it be 6, 8, 12, or 16 and what is the criteria to get in. That is another big part of what is going to happen next.

Reactions: pittmeister
The problem isn’t even just the money, and how much it hurts your ability to compete.

The problem is, as the other two conferences become “Super,” your perception if you aren’t in it becomes that of a loser.

SMU and Houston are the perfect examples of that. Both those teams were probably the two best teams of the ‘80s/early ‘90s in Texas. And by the mid-90s they were basically dead.

Not because they couldn’t literally compete anymore. There was no law stopping them. But they got left out of the Big 12. And so the perception was they weren’t a major program. And so they couldn’t compete against that.

That’s a huge concern. Or at least should be.
exactly..
All media rights are granted to the ACC until 2036, rendering current ACC teams useless to other conferences until 2036. What incentive does the ACC have to negotiate?

they have to. the tv deal is long term but it's peanuts. they can't compete now, let alone in 5-10 years. the ACC is already 2nd tier status. they'll be 3rd/4th tier if nothing changes. i highly doubt ESPN wants that dead weight around their neck for another 14 years.

they have to. the tv deal is long term but it's peanuts. they can't compete now, let alone in 5-10 years. the ACC is already 2nd tier status. they'll be 3rd/4th tier if nothing changes. i highly doubt ESPN wants that dead weight around their neck for another 14 years.
That argument breaks down pretty fast unless you assume that ESPN made the deal with the ACC under the pretense that they were caught off guard by all of the moving around that they appear to have, at least partly, been responsible for orchestrating. Wouldn't it have been easier to move the schools out and not be bothered with investing in a conference network instead of trying to torpedo the whole thing?

That argument breaks down pretty fast unless you assume that ESPN made the deal with the ACC under the pretense that they were caught off guard by all of the moving around that they appear to have, at least partly, been responsible for orchestrating. Wouldn't it have been easier to move the schools out and not be bothered with investing in a conference network instead of trying to torpedo the whole thing?

i think they were caught off guard about how much the SEC and big10 were going to get. but they need the content. they're signed up for 14 years of investment. do they want that to be G5 level of competition? probably not.

I don't think ESPN was surprised at all. They were the ones making the deals.

I don't think they factored in how much the new SEC and big 10 contracts would be. and I'm sure they wanted the best deal possible but didn't think how that'd hamstring the ACC schools.

I don't think they factored in how much the new SEC and big 10 contracts would be. and I'm sure they wanted the best deal possible but didn't think how that'd hamstring the ACC schools.
I think they would have had to have known what they were willing to shell out for the SEC and have been working on that for a while now as evidenced by UT and OU moving. Regardless, the fact remains, if the ACC deal is substandard now, it was substandard when everyone signed it because the differences were already there. That's what has me hung up. It's not like everyone woke up last fall and just realized the ACC wasn't making as much as the B1G and SEC and I don't think anyone expected the conference network to deliver on that level. I can only speculate why all of the schools that supposedly want out now were cool with everything a few years ago but they signed up for a deal that was always going to be lower.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think they would have had to have known what they were willing to shell out for the SEC and have been working on that for a while now as evidenced by UT and OU moving. Regardless, the fact remains, if the ACC deal is substandard now, it was substandard when everyone signed it because the differences were already there. That's what has me hung up. It's not like everyone woke up last fall and just realized the ACC wasn't making as much as the B1G and SEC and I don't think anyone expected the conference network to deliver on that level. I can only speculate why all of the schools that supposedly want out now were cool with everything a few years ago but they signed up for a deal that was always going to be lower.

it wasn't a radical difference when signed. clearly, the ACC's goal was stability. probably was the right call at the time. in hindsight, not so much.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
it wasn't a radical difference when signed. clearly, the ACC's goal was stability. probably was the right call at the time. in hindsight, not so much.
I agree, I think when looking back it’s actually hard to say the ACC were numbnuts. It’s actually had some very impressive financial success. The GOR was well regarded as a good defense mechanism from further raids, after Maryland was shanghaied. It’s just that the ACC happens to pale in comparison to the two behemoths, and now those two are looking to expand that largess even more at the expense of the best elements of college sports (tradition, pageantry, regional rivalries). It was always suspected it would happen, it just that the speed (and greed) was underestimated.

Reactions: pitt90seven
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT