ADVERTISEMENT

Zoo in the background

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Is anyone else annoyed as heck at the Zoo kids yelling in the background of the broadcast? Because there are so few people at these games, there is no crowd noise at all other than the 5 or 6 Zoo kids who yell at the refs and heckle the other team. You can hear them perfectly clear and I cringe when I hear them yell such stupid, childish insults to the other team.

I mean I'm glad the ones that show up, do, but can we move the announcers to the other side so we don't have to hear this soundtrack of heckling. And its really depressing to constantly hear individual fan voices on a basketball broadcast.

Is anyone else annoyed as heck at the Zoo kids yelling in the background of the broadcast? Because there are so few people at these games, there is no crowd noise at all other than the 5 or 6 Zoo kids who yell at the refs and heckle the other team. You can hear them perfectly clear and I cringe when I hear them yell such stupid, childish insults to the other team.

I mean I'm glad the ones that show up, do, but can we move the announcers to the other side so we don't have to hear this soundtrack of heckling. And its really depressing to constantly hear individual fan voices on a basketball broadcast.
I am too!

Students don't show up and/or leave football games early.

"Pitt's student section is terrible and kids don't care!!!"

Students show up and cheer and heckle during hoops games.

"Their cheering upsets me when I watch the game from my couch."

Apparently they can't win.

Yes. https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/accn-watchespn-coverage.123002/

I give that one chick props for still going and being enthusiastic, but she makes the broadcast unbearable.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I am not asking that they stop doing it or stop showing up. I am simply asking that they move the broadcasters to the other side. It is super annoying and very unprofessional to be able to hear individual fan voices as clearly as we can. It is high schoolish to be able to hear students heckling the players so clearly during the broadcast

I'm waiting for the admin to put out a warning that its interfering with the cheerleaders/band.

'Stupid, childish insults'....Have you ever been in a student section? Have you ever been within 30 feet of a student section? Do you not realize how utterly normal it is for a student section to yell stupid and childish things?

Good lord...

Reactions: Ski11585
Is anyone else annoyed as heck at the Zoo kids yelling in the background of the broadcast?

91sn32Q.jpg

all part of the experience..

It's usually just where they place the crowd mics for the ESPN3 games, so when our big games move over to the main broadcast channels like ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS, you won't hear it anymore. Oh, wait...never mind.

I actually bought floor seats last few games and I could not believe the student section was not half full

I actually bought floor seats last few games and I could not believe the student section was not half full

Half full? Were there even 100 students there last night? I'm not counting the other people sitting in the Zoo seats, I mean actual PItt students. If we set the over/under and 100 wouldn't everyone who was there pick the under?

It's usually just where they place the crowd mics for the ESPN3 games, so when our big games move over to the main broadcast channels like ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS, you won't hear it anymore. Oh, wait...never mind.
Correct. And...yeah...

'Stupid, childish insults'....Have you ever been in a student section? Have you ever been within 30 feet of a student section? Do you not realize how utterly normal it is for a student section to yell stupid and childish things?

Good lord...

That's fine. I'm just saying we shouldn't hear clearly on TV, "hey Jimmy (or whatever his name was), what does the Fox say" because his last name was Fox. I mean I think its a really stupid, pointless insult but if they want to yell stuff like that,fine. We just shouldn't have to hear it ao clearly.

That screaming girl makes the tv broadcasts tough to watch. She has the voice from hell.
It is honestly to the point where I am going to mute the TV and put on Billy and Dick's commentary. Even those two are depressing me this year, because Dick clearly isn't himself. That is so hard to hear. He is one of my favorite things about Pitt Basketball.

This is a no win situation. AHHHHHHH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT