ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t never have no regrets”

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010

I hope he last until 32 (crazier things have happened in the draft ) just to see if the Steelers select him or not.
He probably won't last that long but will be interesting to see what the Steelers do with that pick in which a lot of teams will be offering trades to move up.

Reactions: HTownSteeler
well he got out what he meant to say, only because its a triple negative.... :D

“Everything I do, I always live and learn from it,” Addison said Thursday at the NFL Combine. “You know, I learned a lot. So, I don’t never have no regrets. I always think everything through.”

We would definitely take him at 32. But he won't fall that far, and I wouldn't want him at 17. Pickens is a talent, but he seems kind of limited in what he can do, so I feel like we need a legit #1 by opening day 2024, and I don't like Addison to be that.

Reactions: 303vND
You think Addison would rather play his NFL career with Pickett or Caleb Williams?

Lots of wide receivers out there. The karma of having him next door would be unsettling. And I would think that the discomfort level for coming back to Pittsburgh is something he'd rather avoid.

I know he's saying otherwise, but I don't believe it.

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2

“Everything I do, I always live and learn from it,” Addison said Thursday at the NFL Combine. “You know, I learned a lot. So, I don’t never have no regrets. I always think everything through.”
Hey - a triple negative is still negative. So he’s really saying “ I have no regrets” lol

Lots of wide receivers out there. The karma of having him next door would be unsettling. And I would think that the discomfort level for coming back to Pittsburgh is something he'd rather avoid.

I know he's saying otherwise, but I don't believe it.
He wouldn't give a flip about coming back to Pittsburgh if it means he doesn't drop another 10 spots - this is about the paper/business, any other variable is just noise.

Reactions: pittdan77
He wouldn't give a flip about coming back to Pittsburgh if it means he doesn't drop another 10 spots - this is about the paper/business, any other variable is just noise.
Oh, for certain. I just meant, all other things being equal. I'm not saying he'd give up a couple of million to avoid the scrutiny.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I hope he last until 32 (crazier things have happened in the draft ) just to see if the Steelers select him or not.
He probably won't last that long but will be interesting to see what the Steelers do with that pick in which a lot of teams will be offering trades to move up.
If they don't select him at 32 it is because they have much greater needs.

Reactions: pittmeister
We would definitely take him at 32. But he won't fall that far, and I wouldn't want him at 17. Pickens is a talent, but he seems kind of limited in what he can do, so I feel like we need a legit #1 by opening day 2024, and I don't like Addison to be that.
In matt canada's offense, another WR is not needed.

Johnson's in his final year and it's a high money position. If you don't draft his successor this year, you probably need to rely on a rookie next season.
Johnson is signed through 2024. My concern at wide receiver is if Pickens or Johnson goes down, the Steelers have nothing behind them. Also, Tomlin's teams have only shown--particularly with the offense--to only perform well with elite players across the board. They don't have that right now.

Pickett is a lower-tier QB. Harris is a middle-of-the pack running back. Johnson is maybe the No. 20 WR1 and Pickens is an average No. 2. Cole and Daniels are above average at their positions. Dotson runs hot and cold. The tackles are both below average. The team lacks proven playmakers.

Johnson is signed through 2024. My concern at wide receiver is if Pickens or Johnson goes down, the Steelers have nothing behind them. Also, Tomlin's teams have only shown--particularly with the offense--to only perform well with elite players across the board. They don't have that right now.

Pickett is a lower-tier QB. Harris is a middle-of-the pack running back. Johnson is maybe the No. 20 WR1 and Pickens is an average No. 2. Cole and Daniels are above average at their positions. Dotson runs hot and cold. The tackles are both below average. The team lacks proven playmakers.

I think that's the 5th time I've effed up Johnson's contract on this board. Give me until May: I'll be back at it.

But I agree with all of that. And I would add that Muth is decent but he's not exactly in the elite tight end category either. Every position we have solidified on offense feels like it's with someone who isn't in the top tier of his position. Every single one. It will have to be a situation where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, but you need a good line to do that in my opinion. We need to upgrade at least two line spots as soon as this season. LT and LG would be a good start, I think.

Reactions: Burgh15

Lol - I had to read it 4 times, but came to the same conclusion.

Johnson's in his final year and it's a high money position. If you don't draft his successor this year, you probably need to rely on a rookie next season.
First of all, in my opinion, the steelers should have never even offered the guy a contract. He is not a very good WR for this type of an offense. His style is built for the downfield passing game of most top NFL teams, not the dink and dunk offense that tomlin and his OC matt canada run.
That being said, they have his successor on the team already in George Pickens. They need that slot type of guy and those players are readily available around the league and in the draft.
Not to be a jerk, but the steelers traded away two players who would fill that roll nicely in JuJu Smith Schuster and Chase Claypool.
The steelers better find themselves some OL who can protect Kenny Pickett's backside. If they don't they will be drafting another QB in the 1st round next year.
This is tomlin's first real opportunity to prove that he is the type of coach that he thinks he is.
In my opinion, he did a horrible job last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT