ADVERTISEMENT

“Just because you wear an Aaron Donald jersey, you ain’t Superman!” 🤣

That is the security? Do that in Philly and the security will destroy you and be there within 30 seconds.

Reactions: bwh05
Nothing better than enjoying yourselves at a football game.

I was at a Bengals @ Steelers game and two brothers sat in front of me, one in a Steelers jersey and the other in a Bengals jersey. They were pounding the beers pretty heavily and by the 3rd quarter, they were brutally pounding each other.

They were throwing so many punches, it was too dangerous to try to separate them until they tuckered out. Security eventually interceded and tossed them both out of the stadium.

I will give the brothers credit though. Neither of their buttcracks became exposed like the morons in LA above. 🤣

That is the security? Do that in Philly and the security will destroy you and be there within 30 seconds.
That's true. Having seen them
in action, I swear they actually
like fighting more than the
jerks who start the ruckus.

Reactions: jivecat
The NFL has to take the same steps that European soccer leagues did. Someone is going to get killed at one of these games soon.

Their ethnicity, background, immigration status, gender, weight etc has nothing to do with. Neanderthal behavior gets someone the label of trash. People focus on everything except for behavior anymore.

I don't get worked up seeing a fist fight. In the past 10 years or so with the proliferation of social media people got way too comfortable saying the nastiest stuff to people. This is just a reminder that one should always have manners, as old fashioned as that may sound.

I don't get worked up seeing a fist fight. In the past 10 years or so with the proliferation of social media people got way too comfortable saying the nastiest stuff to people. This is just a reminder that one should always have manners, as old fashioned as that may sound.
Manners is so 20th Century.

there is alot of anger in people these days. social media has fueled horrible behavior by glamorizing it. there is never any shame in walking away from a situation. false pride and ego are running rampant these days.

pride is seen as more important than intelligence these days which is what leads to this crap....ooh and too many beers.

what an awful response by security

Reactions: jivecat
until someone posts it on twitter ;)
exactly my point. the caption never is "look at this highly intelligent man who stepped out of the metal bucket of water while refusing to pick up the downed electrical line"

instead the comments would be "what a wuss" "man up!"

• Haha
Reactions: WeaverIsComing
there is alot of anger in people these days. social media has fueled horrible behavior by glamorizing it. there is never any shame in walking away from a situation. false pride and ego are running rampant these days.

pride is seen as more important than intelligence these days which is what leads to this crap....ooh and too many beers.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your statement and if so I apologize. I agree with your general statement pride over intelligence is not a good thing, but as I read your statement it sounds like you are putting as much if not more blame on the victim as the instigator, because they choose to not walk away either. That is wrong in my opinion. Now more than ever people need to get humbled. If they were humbled, the rhetoric would not be so venomous as it is. But the lack of a threat of violence gives people false muscles so no one is there to check that ego. We all know empathy went out the door a long time ago, so the next best thing is people need their ego's checked.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your statement and if so I apologize. I agree with your general statement pride over intelligence is not a good thing, but as I read your statement it sounds like you are putting as much if not more blame on the victim as the instigator, because they choose to not walk away either. That is wrong in my opinion. Now more than ever people need to get humbled. If they were humbled, the rhetoric would not be so venomous as it is. But the lack of a threat of violence gives people false muscles so no one is there to check that ego. We all know empathy went out the door a long time ago, so the next best thing is people need their ego's checked.
no i didn't mean it that way. agitators are guilty moreso but it seems responses to them have gotten worse. it definitely takes 2 to tango.

no i didn't mean it that way. agitators are guilty moreso but it seems responses to them have gotten worse. it definitely takes 2 to tango.
what society needs is for them to walk away..and take their fight to a more appropriate and better filmed venue. like a walmart parking lot with a nice ring and some hd cameras on tripods with slow mo capabilities

Well, let's be honest, there are lots of situations where walking away is shameful.

But walking away from a situation like this is very smart. Fighting a crowd doesn't show much wisdom.

I have never been to a Steelers game without witnessing some sort of stupidity. Usually a fight. I'll never understand adults who think trading insults at a sporting event is necessary. I worked stadium security at Beaver Stadium for a few years. I had nothing to do with crowd control but did get pulled into dealing with some stupidity. It happens everywhere.

I have never been to a Steelers game without witnessing some sort of stupidity. Usually a fight. I'll never understand adults who think trading insults at a sporting event is necessary. I worked stadium security at Beaver Stadium for a few years. I had nothing to do with crowd control but did get pulled into dealing with some stupidity. It happens everywhere.
Don’t act as if you don’t do stupid things. You have a written testimony on this site. :)

Indeed, but I have been in very few altercations. I just won't engage with stupid.
Makes sense. These guys went from taking a beating to their egos to taking a beaten on their egos and their faces. Really bad trade.

But don’t be surprised at stupid and/or fighting. They have been around for many centuries in all parts of the world. Just in many parts of America we are getting to now see what the rest of the world has really been like all this time.

Makes sense. These guys went from taking a beating to their egos to taking a beaten on their egos and their faces. Really bad trade.

But don’t be surprised at stupid and/or fighting. They have been around for many centuries in all parts of the world. Just in many parts of America we are getting to now see what the rest of the world has really been like all this time.
I'm not surprised by it at all. I remember going to a Steelers game as a kid and having my dad pull me out of the way of a scuffle. I also remember the funny smelling cigarettes that guys were smoking in the concourse. It's just seems weird. And at a preseason game, to boot.

I'm not surprised by it at all. I remember going to a Steelers game as a kid and having my dad pull me out of the way of a scuffle. I also remember the funny smelling cigarettes that guys were smoking in the concourse. It's just seems weird. And at a preseason game, to boot.
That was a warm up brawl prior to a regular season brawl. Some of these combatants won't even make the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT