ADVERTISEMENT

2 new commits

NCPitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Mar 12, 2009
and this board would rather discuss the Pirates or weedeaters, or restaurants, or Keith Richards. It gets proven yet again that the board isn't really made up of Pitt fans.

Anyhow, Narduzzi recognizes where the team is lacking and goes out to fix it. That's what good coaches do.

and this board would rather discuss the Pirates or weedeaters, or restaurants, or Keith Richards. It gets proven yet again that the board isn't really made up of Pitt fans.

Anyhow, Narduzzi recognizes where the team is lacking and goes out to fix it. That's what good coaches do.

The Nebraska dude seems like a decent addition. Not great but a guy who will play. The EMU guy is just a special teams guy. Wont see the field on defense.

The Nebraska dude seems like a decent addition. Not great but a guy who will play. The EMU guy is just a special teams guy. Wont see the field on defense.

Is he? In three years he has barely logged any stats. Seems like another Nahki Johnson/Elliot Donald from the 2021 class.

I know the coach said he improved a lot this Spring yada yada, but Narduzzi said something similar about Nahki Johnson last year. I was reading the Nebraska board yesterday, and they didn't seem to care too much that he was leaving.

I mean, he's better than nothing at this point.

Is he? In three years he has barely logged any stats. Seems like another Nahki Johnson/Elliot Donald from the 2021 class.

I know the coach said he improved a lot this Spring yada yada, but Narduzzi said something similar about Nahki Johnson last year. I was reading the Nebraska board yesterday, and they didn't seem to care too much that he was leaving.

He has played a little bit at least

I mean, he's better than nothing at this point.
Seems he was mostly a LB most of his career. Maybe a move to DE will help... who knows?

Could the '25 recruit be the kid out of Detroit, Elijah Dotson?

Seems he was mostly a LB most of his career. Maybe a move to DE will help... who knows?

Could the '25 recruit be the kid out of Detroit, Elijah Dotson?

I hope we're still able to land a DT, even if he is a mostly unskilled anchor who just clogs space for 2 downs.

And Dotson is announcing Saturday, so I guess it could be. I'll be honest - it's gotten way more difficult to follow recruiting because of all the moving pieces. I miss when signing day in Feb was a huge deal.

I hope we're still able to land a DT, even if he is a mostly unskilled anchor who just clogs space for 2 downs.

And Dotson is announcing Saturday, so I guess it could be. I'll be honest - it's gotten way more difficult to follow recruiting because of all the moving pieces. I miss when signing day in Feb was a huge deal.
We’ll have the majority of our recruits verbal in June after their official visits. A couple will de-commit and a couple will waiver who we will hold onto at the end. The board will be up in arms over the players who de-commit. Stone Cold Lock.

Chief was praised this spring at Nebraska for being much improved. Battle and McMillon had connections to him as well . H2P

We’ll have the majority of our recruits verbal in June after their official visits. A couple will de-commit and a couple will waiver who we will hold onto at the end. The board will be up in arms over the players who de-commit. Stone Cold Lock.

Maybe. I personally don't care too much anymore. Until something in college football changes, we don't have much of a chance. What's the difference if they decommit or just end up getting bought away?

You know it's bad when you don't even know what you're rooting for anymore. Not even sure if I want a freshman to be too good (aka attractive to high bidders). Just nuts.

Maybe. I personally don't care too much anymore. Until something in college football changes, we don't have much of a chance. What's the difference if they decommit or just end up getting bought away?

You know it's bad when you don't even know what you're rooting for anymore. Not even sure if I want a freshman to be too good (aka attractive to high bidders). Just nuts.

Yea I dont why someone who is a fan of a non-blue blood would pay attention to HS recruiting anymore.

He is an above average coach but he's screwed with NIL. Hiring Cignetti was unbelievably bad though and really wasted the last two seasons. He blew the hire big time. Pitt would've slowly declined with NIL but the Cignetti hire sped up our downfall.

Before this free transfer thing, I at least had a glimmer of hope that we could rebuild the culture and guys would take a discount just staying put. That's basically what Kancey, Dennis, and Hill (and probably some others as well) did heading into 2022.

Now, forget about it. You're almost just assumed to be in the portal every year (if you're not formally in it, you're still fielding offers). So everyone is aware of his market value, and there is no such thing as cultivating a team when guys are coming and going like this.

Like I said, I don't even know what I'm rooting for anymore. You don't really want freshman to blow up too much (if at all). But obviously you still don't want guys to suck. And now even the guys who have been here 4-5 years and bloomed late are leaving. It's all so dumb.

Chief was praised this spring at Nebraska for being much improved. Battle and McMillon had connections to him as well . H2P
Chief was praised this spring at Nebraska for being much improved.

Right. Hit the portal 2 weeks later once he found out he's still down the depth chart.

And the EMU senior DB who had 25 total tackles in 4 years at a MAC school? Is that a new low threshold for a P4 school to take a transfer?

Right. Hit the portal 2 weeks later once he found out he's still down the depth chart.

And the EMU senior DB who had 25 total tackles in 4 years at a MAC school? Is that a new low threshold for a P4 school to take a transfer?
Plz stop your anti Pitt rants. Read what was said about Chief in my other thread. H2P!!!!

Reactions: bschulter

tenor.gif

Like I said, I don't even know what I'm rooting for anymore. You don't really want freshman to blow up too much (if at all). But obviously you still don't want guys to suck. And now even the guys who have been here 4-5 years and bloomed late are leaving. It's all so dumb.
This isn't hard. Pitt fans root for the team Pitt puts on the field. It isn't about the name on the back. Its the name on the helmet.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther

He gets some also ran guys.
Hooray
At least you won’t be there to watch

Even with a new DL coach, Pitt is still a great landing spot for DL. Narduzzi is going to allow those guys to attack the QB and put up numbers. Keep DL and DBs in the pipeline and this defense will thrive and they'll have a good chance of making an NFL roster.

The EMU guy is a walkon and will be a help on ST.

Before this free transfer thing, I at least had a glimmer of hope that we could rebuild the culture and guys would take a discount just staying put. That's basically what Kancey, Dennis, and Hill (and probably some others as well) did heading into 2022.

Now, forget about it. You're almost just assumed to be in the portal every year (if you're not formally in it, you're still fielding offers). So everyone is aware of his market value, and there is no such thing as cultivating a team when guys are coming and going like this.

Yeah so true. Narduzzi has traditionally done a good job of developing players that weren’t stars out of high school for the most part. Especially on defense. If I were any school with decent resources, I would always be looking at Pitt because I know there will be some players to poach and a school you can always outspend. We are screwed.

Nebraska runs a 3-3-5 so he was more like a LB. Pitt's defense may suit his talents better.

I must care enough to keep reading about the HS commits and transfers. But like several have said, I'm not really paying too much attention beyond just reading the announcements and not really getting invested in the team at this time of the year. I'll wait and see which team hits the field in the Fall and which players are around then for that season.

I have my season tickets and will be at the games, but I'm not expecting much. Specifically not expecting much this season (7-5 please!), but I also mean not expecting much in general. We really have no chance to be relevant any longer. I fear I'll soon lose enough interest to stop going to games, would probably still watch on TV I think, but who knows.

Plz stop your anti Pitt rants. Read what was said about Chief in my other thread. H2P!!!!
I'm very much a Pitt fan, just not a slapdick yes man.

Narduzzi added what appears to be a high character guy and good student with some potential at a need spot, that's good. At the same time, the guy has barely produced in 3 years of P5 football, and did not leave Nebraska right after spring camp because he got the news he was hoping for about his role in the fall. Dooz did not pull off some score here. He simply added an available body at a thin position spot.

And again, as for the EMU guy, I just don't see why he was added. I don't think college football is to the point where programs are taking transfers for the purpose of bolstering special teams. The guy was a 4 year depth player and special teamer on a bad MAC team, realistically what could he bring to Pitt?

I'm very much a Pitt fan, just not a slapdick yes man.

Narduzzi added what appears to be a high character guy and good student with some potential at a need spot, that's good. At the same time, the guy has barely produced in 3 years of P5 football, and did not leave Nebraska right after spring camp because he got the news he was hoping for about his role in the fall. Dooz did not pull off some score here. He simply added an available body at a thin position spot.

And again, as for the EMU guy, I just don't see why he was added. I don't think college football is to the point where programs are taking transfers for the purpose of bolstering special teams. The guy was a 4 year depth player and special teamer on a bad MAC team, realistically what could he bring to
And I'm glad u can evaluate talent. I don’t excuse PN for the Cignetti hire and wasn't a yes guy to that. But to keep the negativity spewing about every recruit etc is ridiculous. Chief, IMO is a good get and the kid from EMU is a walk on. Just so happens we hired a good special teams coach, much better than Powell.

*Jacob Bronowski, whose special teams for the Mid-American Conference champion Miami RedHawks ranked first nationally in ESPN's 2023 efficiency ratings. *

And again, as for the EMU guy, I just don't see why he was added. I don't think college football is to the point where programs are taking transfers for the purpose of bolstering special teams. The guy was a 4 year depth player and special teamer on a bad MAC team, realistically what could he bring to Pitt?
Would you take a transfer punter, or kicker, or punt/kick returner to "bolster special teams? Sure, they are the most notable players on those teams because they handle the ball. But tacklers and blockers are important too.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Would you take a transfer punter, or kicker, or punt/kick returner to "bolster special teams? Sure, they are the most notable players on those teams because they handle the ball. But tacklers and blockers are important too.

What incredible insight.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Seemingly more than the poster to whom I replied.

Maybe you missed the context.

Clown world.
I think maybe you’re the one with the miss here.

Nobody recruits players outside of punters, kickers, and snappers, specifically to play special teams. Players are recruited as future starters at their positions. They don't always work out, but you don't spend a scholarship on a player that you don't think can start for you someday. Special teams personnel are depth players, sometimes starters.

Someone above said this guy is transferring as a walk-on. If so, that's a whole different story, obviously no quarrel with that, and that would explain the add.

I think maybe you’re the one with the miss here.

Nobody recruits players outside of punters, kickers, and snappers, specifically to play special teams. Players are recruited as future starters at their positions. They don't always work out, but you don't spend a scholarship on a player that you don't think can start for you someday. Special teams personnel are depth players, sometimes starters.

Someone above said this guy is transferring as a walk-on. If so, that's a whole different story, obviously no quarrel with that, and that would explain the add.
Even if he was a scholarship player, it is only for 1 season. It makes perfect sense to fill a scholarship with a top special teams performer for 1 year.

He also had offers from Miami and Florida so your "nobody" does it comment is flat out wrong.

Even if he was a scholarship player, it is only for 1 season. It makes perfect sense to fill a scholarship with a top special teams performer for 1 year.

He also had offers from Miami and Florida so your "nobody" does it comment is flat out wrong.

I actually agree with you that it makes sense to bring in this walk-on to make a few tackles on special teams. I just wouldn't be bragging about it like you. He will have about as much impact on our win/loss record as the student managers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT